PDA

View Full Version : Epilog FiberMark Fusion 50W Laser System with 2200 hours. Is that to many hours?

mike bean
10-13-2015, 1:29 PM
I found a Epilog FiberMark Fusion 50W Laser System for around $8,000 but it has 2,200 hours. Is this considered high hours for a laser? Would you stay away from it?

Keith Winter
10-13-2015, 1:56 PM
I found a Epilog FiberMark Fusion 50W Laser System for around $8,000 but it has 2,200 hours. Is this considered high hours for a laser? Would you stay away from it?

I've been looking at that too. I imagine it just came off warranty. Quick math if you ran it all day, on a 8 hour day that would probably be around 6 hours of run time. Times that times 5 days a week = 30 hours a week if you run it consistently all week long. That computes to roughly a year and a half use on it running full time every single business day. That would be pretty heavy use. Most people probably don't run it that hard, and would accumulate that many hours over a longer time period. Might end up sinking extra money into it pretty quick, or it might last another year or two. Be prepared to buy a recharge just in case. Looks pretty nice but I'd also be prepared to spend some money tuning it up, that's a liquidator selling it not the initial owner. Not sure how long the epilog tubes last but my guess would be that it's a bit of a gamble how much longer the tube will last.

Scott Shepherd
10-13-2015, 1:58 PM
I'd assume you are at the end of it's life cycle on the tube, according to the numbers I have heard. If it makes sense with having the cost of the tube recharged, then it's probably a good value. If it doesn't, then it's a gamble.

Jeanette Brewer
10-14-2015, 10:21 AM
I've no idea where you found that laser and it may be completely on the up & up but I would strongly recommend getting the serial number from the seller and running that past the manufacturer to see if there are any red flags.....

That price would fall into the "too good to be true" area for me.

Jacob John
10-14-2015, 1:09 PM
I saw it too, and was about to put in a bid, and it disappeared. I imagine that someone got to the owner and told them that they were about to lose a bunch of potential money on that sale, so they ended the bidding.

Kev Williams
10-14-2015, 7:11 PM
Many "too good to be true" things for sale, are.... Usually a scam.

Jacob John
10-14-2015, 7:29 PM
Many "too good to be true" things for sale, are.... Usually a scam.

Could have been a scam too. If you look on ebay at the Epilog lasers, there were two identical used ones listed by two different users. Same pics and everything.