PDA

View Full Version : SpiritBands Problem

Rick Maitland
08-28-2005, 11:06 AM
I got my first order from SpirtBands. The bands are VERY good quality, but I found something I didnt like. They have molded there website on the inside of the band. On there website you can order the same laser engraved bands for much cheaper than you could sell them for if you bought there laser engravable bands. Im sure that they are in the business of engraving them more so than selling the blanks but I wish I had known this before I spent my $79.00. Does anyone have another supplier that does NOT have there name on them?

Laura Zaruba
08-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Rick - Try http://www.britt2.com/blank.asp I just got my blanks and they are completely blank, inside & out.

Kim Maitland
08-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Laura,

Have you laser engraved the blanks from this supplier? If yes, did they engrave well?

Laura Zaruba
08-29-2005, 2:48 PM
Hi Kim.

I have tried a couple, my biggest problem is getting the lines vertically centered. They engraved decently, although they are certainly not as "nice" or clear as the debossed bands. I haven't had a chance to try engraving them deeper to see how much difference it makes. I tried color filling one which would be nice, but time consuming and somewhat messy not to mention I have no idea what kind of paint will stick to silicone. I used basic acrylic paints just for the heck of it but it will easily rub, wear, or wash off I'm sure.

Shaddy Dedmore
08-29-2005, 4:54 PM
What do you mean by vertically centered? Are you using a tube and rotary attachment or a flat board? Seems like you could laser a flat board that's just wide enough for the bands to stretch over (wood or acrylic) with lines to align the bracelets. Once you laser the lines on the board, use that CDR as a template to laser the bracelets. When I do something similar using a template, I put all the stuff I don't want printed in a different layer, and tell it not to print that layer. And as a reality check you could make that layer invisible to make sure all you're printing is what you want.

There I go again writing a lot of stuff that you probably already do. This time instead of low blood sugar I blame an excess of caffeine.

Shaddy

Jeanette Brewer
08-29-2005, 5:33 PM
Does anyone have another supplier that does NOT have there name on them?

Another supplier you might try (he's in Texas too!) ...

http://www.popularribbons.com
Email (remove all spaces) victor_rey @ popularribbons . com

Per Victor:

"We currently have many bands without our name on the inside. We also have a reseller program which our customers can have their phone # or website on the inside. "

Laura Zaruba
08-29-2005, 5:34 PM
LOL - I have made somewhat of a jig. I used a 4" or 5" piece of wood sheet and marked lines on it. That helped a lot. I only tried a couple bracelets on a rushed whim so if I were to do some for real I think I'd get it down a little better. :)

Nick Napier
09-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi, Nick Napier here, I just joined today. Have had my laser for about 21/2 months. I laser bands. I made a jig that is acrylic of the proper width and had the machine cut notches on the sides so the bands are automaticly centered. You have to also make sure you're placing the jigs in the proper place on the bed of the machine. You can use your machine to figure out thoes places. As a side note, the bands laser very well. I've done several thousand so far. I'll try and not be so verbose next time.

Nick:p