PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day

Rich Riddle
10-11-2015, 3:50 PM
Happy Columbus Day on Monday for us folks in the USA. Our federal friends enjoy the day off, well many of them. Our bankers also get off to celebrate. Enjoy.

Jerome Stanek
10-11-2015, 5:43 PM
I always hated Columbus day when I was doing CVS Pharmacys. If I didn't think about it the week before I would show up and be waiting for my fixture trucks to show but CVS would tell the carriers that it was a holiday and not to deliver I would Have to eat a days worth of wages and be a day behind. I would try and call the carriers the week before and tell them we would be on the job on Monday. The carriers were happy as it kept their trucks going and the drivers were happy as they didn't have to sit a day without pay.

Mark Blatter
10-11-2015, 6:52 PM
Lets be honest. Columbus Day is about the most bogus holiday of the year. It is a waste of money for the tax payer, plus most of them / us have to work anyway. The day, as a Federal holiday, should be abolished.

Brian Tymchak
10-12-2015, 7:41 AM
Lets be honest. Columbus Day is about the most bogus holiday of the year. It is a waste of money for the tax payer, plus most of them / us have to work anyway. The day, as a Federal holiday, should be abolished.

I heard on the radio coming into work today that there is a move afoot to celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/12/columbus-day-becomes-indigenous-peoples-day/73802278/) instead of Columbus Day.

Justin Ludwig
10-12-2015, 7:44 AM
That's been ongoing for some time. Some towns have already changed the label on the day. Now if they'd change the history text books...