PDA

View Full Version : updated Delta 14"

Tom M King
10-11-2015, 12:43 PM
The Delta 20" was too much trouble to move to different jobsites, and an odd size anyway, so I sold it. My Dad had an old Delta 14" metal/wood saw set up to cut metal in the metal/mechanic shop. It has an old Rockwell bottom casting with an early serial number, a riser block, and the top casting is an older Delta/Milwaukee. I decided to fix it up since I need a small bandsaw on the current jobsite. new bearings in wheels, Cool Blocks, new thrust bearings, Iturra spring (it has been left with tension on the old one for decades), red linked belt on the new Baldor 1-1/2 hp motor, new switch in new box with paddle off, Orange Sulphur (something) tires, new SO wire with all ends soldered for hardening, and the heavy duty tension wheel from Highland Woodworking.

After putting it all back together, and a new blade on it, I didn't have to touch the blade tracking. It runs dead true, and cuts like a charm. I don't think anyone needs a "better" 14" bandsaw. I like the tensioning heavy wheel better than the throw levers I've used on other peoples bandsaws. It was the one thing I feel like I splurged on.

It's still and ugly old thing, but is a pleasure to use.

Lee Schierer
10-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Where did you get the paddle switch?

Matt Day
10-11-2015, 1:49 PM
No pictures, didn't happen!

Tom M King
10-11-2015, 1:54 PM
Where did you get the paddle switch?

Amazon..........(ten characters)