PDA

View Full Version : Cutech jointer

Mike McGrath
10-10-2015, 8:52 PM
In an effort to save space in my garage shop I tried the Cutech jointer. It is far superior to the Delta bench top jointer I had a few years ago; in fact it does a better job that the HF 6" full sized jointer I have been using. It is much quieter and easier to set up with the inserts. Weighing in at 40 lbs it is easy to move or take outside on nice days. I tried it out with various woods and they all cut nicely. I normally work with boards about 4' in length or less so the table is plenty long enough to support them. It is not for everyone but if you have a small or cramped shop or could make use of a jointer on a job site I think it is a great solution. I am very happy with mine.

Ellery Becnel
10-10-2015, 9:15 PM
I just purchased one also. It works very well. Now until 10/15/2015, free shipping special!

Ellery Becnel

Andrew Hughes
10-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Oh man that thing is cute.I wouldn't mind having one for my key chain.:)Sorry couldn't resist.My first jointer was a craftsman that had a fixed outfeed table.It was so loud I think it damage my hearing.

Mike McGrath
10-11-2015, 2:02 AM
I know what you mean Andrew. I had my doubts about the Cutech but I was pleasantly surprised. Check out this very weathered shipping crate material, hiding inside was canary wood!

Andrew Hughes
10-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Well that's a nice surprise,I like old wood with a new surface,Black nails hole are a bonus. The weathered old barn wood is very popular today.Its not easy working with old timbers and keeping weathered look.I Tryd and found too many ways to mess up my machines.