PDA

View Full Version : Its time, Introduction

Charles Bruno
08-27-2005, 11:31 PM
I’m not really new to SMC, I’ve made a few post but mostly I just hang out and soak up all the good information that is given here. The craftsmanship and experience on this site is outstanding!

I live in southern California, a transplant from Ohio and woodworking is a hobby of mine. My shop is my garage so, set up time includes backing everything out and well, you know the drill. I have the basic 4 tools, along with routers, planes, miter saw and other assorted hand tools.

For the picture police.

Vaughn McMillan
08-28-2005, 4:02 AM
Thanks for sharing Charles. How do you like the Ridgid jointer? (It would go nicely with my TS3650, but I need a planer worse.) I don't see nearly enough sawdust on the floor...;)

- Vaughn

Rey Johnson
08-28-2005, 7:40 AM
Hi there Charles,

I too come this site to soak up the knowledge and experience of the good folks here.

What fence is that on the band saw that you have there?

Mark Singer
08-28-2005, 7:57 AM
Charles Welcome!!!

Charles Bruno
08-28-2005, 7:59 AM
Vaughn, the jointer works great, set up was easy, not much to it. I was also looking at the Grizzly, Delta and Jet but because of price and availability I chose Ridged. I have the ridge TS2424 and its been good to me.

Rey, the fence is stock, its what Grizzly ships with it also it comes with a blade "de-tensioner" also stock.

Jim Becker
08-28-2005, 9:02 AM
Charles, I look forward to your sharing of projects, too. This truly is a great place!