PDA

View Full Version : Lastest Project, 2 of 2

Kevin Gerstenecker
06-08-2003, 8:47 PM
After getting the Living/Family Room remodel mostly completed, SWMBO insisted on a new end table. She saw one that she really liked at the furniture store, but she knew it would rile me badly if she brought it home. So, the orders were issued for a new end table, and knowing what was good for me, I obliged and got busy! :p
As you can see, Walnut was the wood of choice. M & T joinery throughout, except the lower shelf, which I cheated and used biscuits to join the shelf to the stringers. I really like Mission Style furniture for the clean lines, simplistic yet functional design, and relatively simple construction detail. I also added an edge detail to the top edge, because SWMBO looked thru my Router Bit Profiles, and thought this edge would add a nice touch. I have a couple of coats of Tung Oil on it, so the finish is not complete. She wanted it Polyurethaned, but I just cannot bring myself to do that to a Walnut Table. :D I will probably hand rub a nice wax finish on it after a few more coats of oil. As always, thanks for taking a look! :)

Jim Becker
06-08-2003, 9:15 PM
Veddy, veddy nice, Kevin! And my compliments on your resistance to the evil polyurethane varnish... :D

Bob Lasley
06-08-2003, 9:57 PM
Kevin,

You have been busy, no? Nice looking table and I like the box too.

Bob

John Miliunas
06-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Yeah, what the other guys said. Very nice on both, the end table, as well as the box. I've been meaning to try my hand at one of the boxes myself, and with all you guys showing me that it CAN be done, I think I'll give it a whirl! Yes, you have been busy, haven't you? Again, nice job on both! :cool:

Ken Wright
06-12-2003, 9:14 PM
and second the comment on the evil poly varnish!!!

David Perkins
06-12-2003, 9:57 PM
Great looking table!! and a lucky guy that SWMBO let you build it.

David Rose
06-13-2003, 12:53 AM
Some wives don't know it, but it would cost a mint to buy some of the stuff (like your table) that we build.

David