PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there in the Provo, UT area?

Silas Smith
08-27-2005, 9:06 PM
Well, I'm starting my new job on Monday in Springville UT and I'm wondering if there are any woodworkers or woodworking clubs in my new home. I was a member at a great club in Houston and it was sad to leave those guys. Also, is there any woodworking stores down here?

Jim Fancher
08-27-2005, 10:39 PM
What club in Houston?

Troy Wilkins
08-28-2005, 9:24 AM
I don't live in the area, but I am pretty familiar with the Salt Lake valley. I can't help with any woodworking clubs either, but I would recommend Macbeath Hardwood as a worthwhile store. It is located in Salt Lake at 1576 S. 300 W.

Silas Smith
08-28-2005, 10:17 AM
What club in Houston?

Jim here is the link to thier club. It is a great group of guys (about 100-150) and they are very helpful with anything you need.

www.wwch.org

John Gregory
08-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Well, I'm starting my new job on Monday in Springville UT and I'm wondering if there are any woodworkers or woodworking clubs in my new home. I was a member at a great club in Houston and it was sad to leave those guys. Also, is there any woodworking stores down here?

I live in the SLC area but work in Provo. Some woodworking stores are:
Timberline, Orem Utah
Woodcraft, Midvale Utah

Wood suppliers:
McBeaths in SLC Utah
National Wood Products in SLC
Pearson Cabinets in Provo. 801-373-4683
Timberline in Orem sells lumber too.

I think there is a club that meets at McBeaths. Woodcraft has a list of local clubs, Timberline might have a list of clubs in Utah county.

Hope this helps,
John

Jim Fancher
08-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Jim here is the link to thier club. It is a great group of guys (about 100-150) and they are very helpful with anything you need.

www.wwch.org (http://www.wwch.org/)

Thanks!! I'll check them out.