PDA

View Full Version : Any professional auto painters here?

Scott Shepherd
10-08-2015, 1:26 PM
I'm struggling with some setup issues and I think I'm missing something simple, but it's stumping me (and has for years). I have watched many tutorials from people that make paint equipment, and I'm doing exactly as they say to do, but I don't think what I am doing is right.

I'm not trying to go into the automotive painting business by any means. My issues are mostly hobby related, with a little work related thrown in there from time to time.

Anyone out there that might be able to answer a few questions?

Dan Hintz
10-08-2015, 2:36 PM
I'm not a pro by any means, but I've "helped" (as it were) a number of them work on my stuff (my S2000, for example, was a complete custom candy paint job).

Ole Anderson
10-08-2015, 5:28 PM
I'm no pro either, but I did paint my Jeep a few years ago, clear coat over HOK Tangelo Pearl over silver over epoxy primer. Unfortunately I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either. And, no, its not show quality. Fire away, maybe somebody has some ideas that might help.

Kev Williams
10-08-2015, 7:34 PM
Steve, my next door neighbor of 46 years is a car painter, and he was the auto/paint instructor at Utah Trade Tech for like 30 years, been retired for about 5 years but he might remember a few things! ;)

Ask away, I'll see if I can get some answers!