PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Job control. Positioning

Neville Stewart
10-06-2015, 9:48 PM
I'm curious if you can run an outline of a job to see if it will fit the material. For example, I did this on a pint glass and just by luck I got it positioned alright. Can I run it to show the position extremities and see the red dot trace the outer perimeter?

Gary Hair
10-06-2015, 10:18 PM
Select the graphic and make a rectangle the same size. Send the rectangle to JC as a "cut" job but before you run it change the power to 0%. If you wanted to get fancier, you could create an oval that would give you a better outline of that particular design.

Jack Clague
10-06-2015, 10:32 PM
I thought Trotecs Job control had that feature built in?

Under the Edit menu, sure i saw an "outline job" option and when I ran that on my last piece it did outline the job, although it wasn't an exact outline, kind of a part box part curve

Found this: http://www.troteclaser.com/en-US-AU/About-Trotec/News/Pages/2011-08-JobControl-JobOutline.aspx

Neville Stewart
10-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Thanks Gary, I was imagining there was something more elagant than that :). My Chinese machine runs a square with the press of a button. Maybe I'll brush up my German and drop it in the suggestion box.

Neville Stewart
10-06-2015, 10:48 PM
That's very handy Jack. Thank you.

Gary Hair
10-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Just one more reason to love the Trotec and JCX!! I saw something about outline but thought it was for doing stamps, not positioning.

Andrew Holloway
10-07-2015, 6:38 AM
Outline Job is also in the menu when you right click of a job positioned on the bed.

Keith Winter
10-07-2015, 9:51 AM
Not fancy but probably faster than outlining. We print the design place it on the job board then move the red dot to each edge to check placement. Takes maybe 10 seconds to check. After that we add a marker and save the plate for future jobs

Bob WrightNC
10-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Neville, one of the members here told me about running the job at a much lower power and doing it onto blue painters tape. This gives you the benefit of both seeing where it is and also seeing how it will look on the glass. 18/50/500 on my 80 watt. Takes a little more time but then you know you have it exactly where you want it.

Neville Stewart
10-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys, all great solutions and Im sure Ill need each one.