PDA

View Full Version : Leetro 6535 Control Board

George M. Perzel
10-06-2015, 9:03 AM
Hi Guys;
A friend of mine recently purchased a Rabbit laser which has a Leetro 6535 controller and the control panel shown below. The documentation which came with the machine discusses functions using a different control panel, although many are similar in fuction. However, the new panel has an "ANCHOR" button which is not discussed in the documentation.
1. Is anyone familiar with this panel? name and model number?
2. Can anyone describe the function of the ANCHOR button and exactly how it is used?

Thanks for any help or clarifications.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Dave Sheldrake
10-06-2015, 10:05 AM
It's a bad translation from Chinese to English George....the Chinese reads "Datum" but hasn't been translated well It's the PAD03-E

George M. Perzel
10-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Dave;
Thanks- so if Anchor means Datum, does that imply that pushing Anchor after selecting a position for the head will establish that point as the starting position for the job?
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Dave Sheldrake
10-06-2015, 1:13 PM
It sends the X and Y axis back to the home position :)

In lasercut you select "Immediate" to start from where you are or deselect it to start relative to the bed , when the machines boot the head won't home unless you hit that button. Before running they have to be homed if they have been switched off (usually top right of the bed)

If the Z axis is PAD controlled be careful, if the Z is selected on the pad and you hit Datum the bed raises to it's uppermost limit and can bend the nozzle etc if it has been extended out of it's holder :)

George M. Perzel
10-06-2015, 1:59 PM
Dave;
Thanks again- I am used to Laserwork so Lasercut is a bit of a new experience for me. If I set the "origin" in Lasercut to a point in the drawing, does that point become wherever the physical position of the head is when the program is started?
In Laserwork, there is an "origin" button on the control panel, which, when pushed, establishes the start position. If the right hand top corner of the project is selected in the Lasercut config, then that corner becomes the origin. That position can also be read in the software and the head can always be maneuvered by software control to return to that exact physical location. I am not sure if that is possible in Lasercut??
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Dave Sheldrake
10-06-2015, 3:25 PM
Yup it's the same my friend, you can select where you origin from (a blue dot in the LaserCUT window) then select immediate to run from where you are at the time :)

When a job runs in lasercut it will always return to the point it started at, so long as you don't power off the machine it will always be the same :)

Kev Williams
10-06-2015, 3:59 PM
I'm still working on "datum"...

;)

George M. Perzel
10-06-2015, 5:24 PM
Dave;
Almost there I think. I am not near the laser now so this is from memory and may be wrong.
It seems like I positioned the head to a certain location, the opened a file and set the origin to a place on the project drawing, downloaded the file (did not check immediate) and when I pushed start, the head traced the exact path as in the drawing.
The laser is being used as part of an assembly line and will cut the same pattern every time it is triggered by an external source. We need the head to start at the same place every time and return to that place the next day when turned on. This is easily accomplished in Laserwork by pushing the Origin button after setting the location-when turned on it returns to that spot after initializing. I can also record the exact X and Y grid location should something happen.
Is this possible in Lasercut?
Many thanks for continued help on this.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Dave Sheldrake
10-07-2015, 5:08 AM
Yup,

If you set the origin to an X/Y figure on the drawing
Don't select immediate
Then fire the machine up at the start of the day
Hit datum (it will go to X 10 y 10 usually
Then run the drawing that is loaded it will start from the origin set on the drawing

Save the file as an .ecp and it will preserve the table location setting in the file :)

George M. Perzel
10-07-2015, 7:22 AM
Dave;
Got it-thanks
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Dave Sheldrake
10-07-2015, 11:33 AM
:) takes a bit of getting used to but worth it in the end, especially if you save the ecp files for later :)