PDA

View Full Version : Wao OT. Ford Tractor

Steve Clardy
06-08-2003, 7:31 PM
I have a ford 801 tractor in need of the bushing under the radiator where the front axle pivots. Anyone been involved with one of these? Remove axles, press out bushing, replace? Is there a shaft that goes through the bushing that wears also? Steve

Jim Becker
06-08-2003, 9:42 PM
Steve, I can't help you with your specific question, but the forums at TractoByNet.com (http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/index.php) just might offer up some folks who can.

Steve Clardy
06-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Jim. Thanks, STeve

Ken Frantz
06-10-2003, 5:16 PM
I visit this site often and if you surf around you will find other boards that cater to the different type of tractors. But since I own a 47 "N" Ford tractor, I visit here mostly. Also this bunch will give you information if you can't find it on the other boards. A GREAT bunch of guys here. http://www.ytmag.com/nboard/wwwboard1.html

Steve Clardy
06-10-2003, 5:44 PM
Steve:cool:

Eddie Severt
06-13-2003, 11:45 PM
This is not too difficult, you remove the axles (spindles) (for easier handling), and unscrew the large pin from the center of the axle (it may be retained by a locknut). The bushing is a thin metal one that you may cut out with a chisel or it may be worn through. The pin should be replaced also. Due to the weight of some of the parts, I would give this a 4 out of 10. Hope this helps,
Eddie

Steve Clardy
06-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Sounds like you have done this before. I worked on semi trucks for 25 years but not many tractors. Finally ran down a supplier on Ebay that has located the parts. I haven't tore it down yet, but looked it over. The bushing is trashed, pin probably worn bad also. It does have the keeper holding it in, not threaded. Also have a leaking radiator, will do that at the same time. Removing it looks like it will make the bushing and pin replacement easier also. Thanks for the input. Steve

Eddie Severt
06-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Steve,
I believe you will find the keeper is a lock, the pin is threaded also.
Ed

Steve Clardy
06-14-2003, 1:42 PM
First glance it doesn't look like the stamped steel support is thick enough to be threaded, but will look a little closer. Trying to get the parts before I tear it down as I need tractor. Is it supposed to be threaded front and rear, [the support] or rear only? Steve

Steve Clardy
06-14-2003, 4:47 PM
Got to doing a little grease and grim scraping, and on the rear of the pin, there is some VERY fine threads. Thanks much, as you have kept me from ordering the wrong parts.:D :D
What is it they say, Imahappycampernow? Steve

Steve Clardy
06-18-2003, 8:44 PM
Got them through Ebay. trustytractor. pin, bushing, keeper, freight, $40.00. Very helpful people. Thanks all for your input. Steve