PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
10-05-2015, 12:24 AM
5 Oct 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
Getting started a bit early since I'm still up working oncall duty for the day job.
No real woodworking for me just yet but I will be starting on the guitar body finish tomorrow. Been enjoying the cooler temps and getting ready for getting some firewood for the winter heating season.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Scott Brandstetter
10-05-2015, 1:18 AM
Dennis
Didn't get a whole lot done this weekend but did manage to get 280 bf of walnut for $250 and feel like I scored on some 10 inch saw blades. Just got home and haven't added it up but seems to be 12-15 frued and forrest blades in almost new shape with various kerfs and tpi.

Have to ask, Conway is a really small town right? I ask because my wifes grandparents live there so I've been there a couple times. They live on the end of a really large, lake, at the end of it that seems shallow with a lot of stick ups. Never had the chance to fish it but I swear, has to be filled with big old lunkers. Anyhow, I really love that area and my wife wants to buy their property when they decide it's time to go "home", to God.

Rod Sheridan
10-05-2015, 9:55 AM
Hi Dennis, this weekend I blew the dust off the Binford 500 and took it to my friends house to mill some ash logs for him.

The logs came from his tree which had succumbed to the Emerald Ash Borer.

Here are a couple of shots of my friend milling a few 20" X 3" ash slabs for a table top, and milling some 5/4 stock from a cant.

Regards, Rod.

julian abram
10-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Dennis
Didn't get a whole lot done this weekend but did manage to get 280 bf of walnut for $250 and feel like I scored on some 10 inch saw blades. Just got home and haven't added it up but seems to be 12-15 frued and forrest blades in almost new shape with various kerfs and tpi.

Have to ask, Conway is a really small town right? I ask because my wifes grandparents live there so I've been there a couple times. They live on the end of a really large, lake, at the end of it that seems shallow with a lot of stick ups. Never had the chance to fish it but I swear, has to be filled with big old lunkers. Anyhow, I really love that area and my wife wants to buy their property when they decide it's time to go "home", to God.

Brad, Lake Conway is the lake you are talking about. It's a very shallow lake with a lot of dead standing timber. I think it's most famous for Crappie production. I'm sure Dennis knows more than I do, I was raised about 40 miles north of Conway.