Brian Deakin
10-04-2015, 9:36 AM
My best buy is

Wooster Brush Shortcut Angle Sash Brush

what is yours

regardsBrian

Art Mann
10-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Several years ago, I saw what looked to be a brand new 6,000 watt Coleman generator sitting in front of my Lowes store. The price on it was $250 but the tag said "engine smokes, sold as is". I figured at that price I could repair the engine and still come out ahead. I offered $200 and the store manager took it. I got the generator home and started it up. Sure enough, it smoked. On careful inspection, the only thing wrong was the crankcase had about 4 ounces too much oil it it. I drained the excess oil and fired it up again. It never smoked again. Since then, I have run this generator round the clock for 4 or 5 days on two separate occasions when tornadoes came through and knocked out power. I think that was a pretty good deal.

Matt Day
10-04-2015, 3:03 PM
Best buy as in best product, or best deal/%off?

Bert Kemp
10-04-2015, 5:29 PM
I get home depots deal of the day email each morning, its only good for 24 hours. I got a $250 Carpet cleaner for 98 bucks, $179 ceiling fan for 79 bucks and 2 Dorcy 30 dollar flashlights for 27 bucks. You have to watch the deals closely to get the good ones, I saw the same carpet cleaner come around again on daily deal but this time it was 149, still a good deal but.

Mark Blatter
10-04-2015, 5:38 PM
Last November I was wondering around and saw that they had the same deal from the year before, namely a 23 gauge pin nailer, an 18 gauge finish nailer, and a 16 gauge stapler for $69. I readily admit that none of these are great quality, but still, not bad. I will use them on projects until the die and not worry about them breaking.

Tom M King
10-04-2015, 8:15 PM
18v Makita "sawzall", and 4-1/2" side grinder in the HD deal bin. Both were sold in the boxes individually as tool only without battery. It looked like someone had bought them probably thinking the battery was included, and then returned them when they found out they didn't have a battery with open boxes. I already had plenty of batteries that fit. I was a little late seeing the sawzall, but it had been there long enough to be marked down several times, so I got it for $19. I don't remember how much I paid for the 18v side grinder, but it was something like that.

Bruce Wrenn
10-04-2015, 8:18 PM
Biesemeyer and Uni-fences for $75 each. Bought two Bies's and one Uni. Made some friend and family VERY HAPPY!

Bill McNiel
10-04-2015, 9:14 PM
Bessey clamps about a year ago when Lowes decided to stop selling any quality tools.

Clark Miles
10-04-2015, 9:35 PM
I had the intentions of remodeling the bathroom in my old house. I was at Lowe's, and they had a Jacuzzi tub. Open box marked down from $699 to $250. I offered them $200, and the clerk said "ok," and he explained to me that they can do up to $50 reduction w/o manager approval. I bought another house in the meantime, and turned that one into a rental property. Sold the tub on Craigslist for $450.

I also bought an $899 Maytag gas dryer $375. It looked like they dropped something on the top in shipment. I removed, and straightened the top panel, and it's still going strong...in the rent house.

Rick Potter
10-05-2015, 4:09 AM
Never found any real deals at HD in my area. Lowes seems to change suppliers all the time in their quest to lower costs, resulting in some pretty good price reductions on left over old stock.

Like Bruce, I got a couple Beis 30" pro fence setups including the table boards for about $80 ea. Still in the box. I also got in on the Bessey clamp frenzy a year or so ago.

One place I never expected to find super deals was Sears a couple years back when I bought about 15 Freud 10" sawblades plus some Italian (Freud) made Craftsman blades. Got half dozen Freud Pro 24 tooth rip blades at $18 each, if memory serves. Also got half a dozen Bosch 10" blades for $8 each at a Lowes parking lot sale, and a Freud box joint blade set for half price there also.

Mike Wilkins
10-05-2015, 9:38 AM
I always check the paint department when I stop at any Lowes. But my best deal from them came several years ago when the wife decided the living room walls needed a color change. While looking for a color she had in mind, I looked at the returned paint shelf and there were 4 gallons of the exact color she wanted, for $5.00 each. When the checkout sales receipt came out, there was a manufacturer's rebate for $5.00 per gallon. I could not get that puppy in the mail fast enough. Never found a similar deal again, but I still look.

Clark Miles
10-05-2015, 9:58 AM
I always check the paint department when I stop at any Lowes. But my best deal from them came several years ago when the wife decided the living room walls needed a color change. While looking for a color she had in mind, I looked at the returned paint shelf and there were 4 gallons of the exact color she wanted, for $5.00 each. When the checkout sales receipt came out, there was a manufacturer's rebate for $5.00 per gallon. I could not get that puppy in the mail fast enough. Never found a similar deal again, but I still look.

Since you mention that: I too always check the paint dept. at Lowe's. I bought a 3 gallon bucket of concrete stain for $25 from the "oops" paint section. The non-oops stuff was on sale for $99 plus a $25 mail-in rebate. I got the rebate, so it was a free bucket of concrete stain!

Charles Wiggins
10-05-2015, 10:01 AM
General moisture meter for $10

Dave Lehnert
10-05-2015, 10:08 AM
I guess my best deal was from Lowes years ago.
Got the DeWalt DW788 scroll saw, stand and light. for $199. about $650 retail.

Word is the Biesemeyer and Uni-fences deal was the end of blowing out tools at giveaway prices in store. Such a mess people in a frenzy searching the country for the deal. Complaints to main office, store etc........................

John Lohmann
10-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Rockwell Jawhorse 39.75 at Lowes

Erik Loza
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Houseplants in the clearance section of the nursery.

Erik

Scott Donley
10-05-2015, 1:27 PM
A couple years ago I picked up a new Dewalt 735 planner at HD when they had them on clearance for 269.00.

Bruce Wrenn
10-05-2015, 8:52 PM
Word is the Biesemeyer and Uni-fences deal was the end of blowing out tools at giveaway prices in store. Such a mess people in a frenzy searching the country for the deal. Complaints to main office, store etc........................Every store received three of each. One store showed two sold and one as missing. Wife and I made a trip down, walked to end of insulation aisle, and there it was. A box with Biesmeyer printed on it. Got hardware guy, and he said they had looked for days and couldn't find it. It was in same location as other stores with same floor plan. Their loss, my gain.

Larry Craft
10-05-2015, 10:35 PM
When Home Depot closed out the Bessey clamps i bought 24 (12-24", 4=36", 8= 50") for under $200. When Lowe's closed them out bought 25 more at $18 each. It is said that you can't have too many clamps, but I am living proof that you can have enough.

Mike Berrevoets
10-05-2015, 10:46 PM
A while back, lowes (or maybe it was actually porter cable) had a deal with a $50 rebate on sanders. The 1/4 sheet sanders were 49.95. So for the price of the 6% sales tax to the governor and a stamp I got an almost free sander. I don't use it much but it gets loaned out to anyone asking to borrow a sander.

Dave Lehnert
10-05-2015, 11:42 PM
A while back, lowes (or maybe it was actually porter cable) had a deal with a $50 rebate on sanders. The 1/4 sheet sanders were 49.95. So for the price of the 6% sales tax to the governor and a stamp I got an almost free sander. I don't use it much but it gets loaned out to anyone asking to borrow a sander.
I forgot about that one. Got in on that deal too.

Rick Potter
10-06-2015, 1:43 AM
I would like to point out that many of the deals we are reading about on this thread were brought to our attention by other members of Sawmill Creek. If you are a member, who never considered becoming a contributor, I can personally attest that the Creek has saved me hundreds of dollars, and is well worth considering.

On the other hand, my wife might see this differently. :mad:

BOB OLINGER
10-06-2015, 11:45 AM
A few years ago when HD was selling off inventory of DeWalt thickness planers. Don't remember the price, but it was a good deal.

Mark Patoka
10-07-2015, 3:16 PM
Like others have noted, it was either early 2002 and Lowes clearanced the DeWalt DW788 scrollsaw with stand for $200 after the holidays. Drove 100 miles to find a store that had one in stock. Best large-dollar deal yet.

A few years later HD clearanced their Bessey clamps and wish I had doubled the number I bought at that time.

Von Bickley
10-07-2015, 8:36 PM
My best deal at Lowes was a Delta 14" band saw for $240 + tax.

bill kaminski
10-07-2015, 8:50 PM
Got a PC 890 router w/case for $100 about 8-9 years ago..still works today :)

Brian Kent
10-08-2015, 12:54 AM
When Home Depot stopped selling quarts of Watco Danish Wood Oil, I bought 5 or more at $1.00 per quart.

Harold Burrell
10-08-2015, 6:50 AM
A few years ago when HD was selling off inventory of DeWalt thickness planers. Don't remember the price, but it was a good deal.

IIRC...they were $149. I bought 2. 1 for my son-in-law...and the other I sold on craigslist. :)

Wade Lippman
10-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Lowes donated all the lumber and supplies for older son's eagle project. That is about as good as it gets.

They declined to participate in younger son's project, but that's okay.