PDA

View Full Version : Transpower 10" Table Saw motor

David Tolsky
10-02-2015, 1:25 AM
I just dusted off an old Transpower 10" table saw that I had in storage and want to put to good use again. Replacing the belt for the induction motor was easy...but the motor is supported only by the tension of the belt. There is an L shaped piece of metal with two screws in it that is hanging loose in front of the motor. I think a piece is missing or should the motor just be supported by the belt alone? Thanks for your help!322628

Dick Brown
10-02-2015, 8:13 PM
Not familiar with your brand but on Delta, Craftsman, and many others the belt or belts do support the motor. Motor must be free to move as when the blade is raiser and lowered the motor must be able to move in or out. The weight of the motor is also the belt tensioner. I have seen lots of Craftsman saws that the little 1/4" bolt in the motor bracket has been tightened so the motor can't move as needed to keep the belt tight and the owner wonders why either the belt slips or is to tight when they lower or raise the blade. It is just there to keep the motor from falling over backwards when the belt is removed. Just got a Delta the other day and it has no such provision so if you take the belt off, the motor will hang straight down.