PDA

View Full Version : Amusing cell photos snapshots

julian abram
10-01-2015, 5:56 PM
I didn't want to highjack Keith's "Crazy Haulin Trailer" thread but it got me to thinking about this photo I snapped on the road a few weeks ago. I was driving through town and came up behind this young man with his big dog riding on the back of his motorcycle. The dog was riding in a milk crate strapped to the back seat. I followed them for 4 or 5 blocks and could tell the dog was looking around really enjoying his ride. At stop lights the dog be looking around in all directions observing his surrounding, when they started moving again the dog would peer over the shoulders focus straight ahead. Very disciplined dog, he pretty much filled all the crate, stayed very still, balancing them well. Very amusing.

George Bokros
10-01-2015, 6:05 PM
That is pretty good sized dog to ride in a milk crate. Actually I think the owner is crazy for risking the dogs and his life doing this. Wouldn't take much movement of the dog to make him lose the balance of the bike. He should have the dog taken away from him for being so reckless. Where is the ASPCA at when you need them.

Sorry for my rant but I am a dog lover and cringe when I see a dog riding in the back of a pickup truck.

charlie knighton
10-01-2015, 6:32 PM
where is the helmet law???????????? people with dogs amazing

Matt Day
10-01-2015, 7:58 PM
The guys isn't wearing a helmet, and neither is the dog. Similar IQ's?

Greg R Bradley
10-01-2015, 8:59 PM
The stupidity required to ride a motorcycle without a helmet just boggles the mind. Just think about standing still and falling down striking your head on concrete. Now think about moving on a motorcycle, even a bicycle and doing the same thing!

The dog is clearly far more intelligent than its owner. In order for Darwin's theory to work correctly, these people need to die before they reproduce.

Bruce Page
10-01-2015, 9:23 PM
That is pretty good sized dog to ride in a milk crate. Actually I think the owner is crazy for risking the dogs and his life doing this. Wouldn't take much movement of the dog to make him lose the balance of the bike. He should have the dog taken away from him for being so reckless. Where is the ASPCA at when you need them.

Sorry for my rant but I am a dog lover and cringe when I see a dog riding in the back of a pickup truck.

I agree 100%

Frederick Skelly
10-01-2015, 9:44 PM

Agree completely. Dog has no business on that bike.

A woman that lives near me used to walk/jog her dog while driving. Yeah, you got it - her driving slowly and the leash out the driver's window and the dog in the street. Police finally saw that and corrected the problem.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Keith Outten
10-02-2015, 1:23 AM
Lighten up guys :)

Helmet laws haven't been around very long, the same is true for seat belts and a whole list of things that not to long ago didn't exist. We used to ride in the back of pickup trucks and I still ride my bicycle without a helmet which is pretty low risk considering lots of other activities like playing high school football.

Wayne Lovell
10-02-2015, 7:47 AM
In Texas you are allowed to be stupid and ride a motorcycle without a helmet is STUPID X2 in my book but you have to wear a seat belt in a car or truck. I have been saved at least 3 times by seat belts and would never think of not wearing one but the fact that big brother says I must wear one in my 4500# truck but some idiot weaving in and out of traffic without a helmet is OK makes me mad every time I see it.

Bert Kemp
10-02-2015, 9:24 AM
I agree its stupid to not wear a helmet, but why does it bother you? Your in your big truck all buckled in and the guy on the bike has no effect on you at all. I don't think we need more Government regulations. If you like wearing your seat belt and it sounds like you that's great. I think you don't like the fact that the law says you have to but it doesn't say the guy on the bike has to wear a helmet.There's hundreds of thousands of people that ride around everyday with out their seat belts on in states that have seat belt laws. They do it because they don't like being told they have to or they just don't like them, but guess what if a cop see's you have no belt on he can't pull you over for it unless he has another reason to pull you over.But hey if you don't have a helmet on an its a law wham you get a ticket and they don't need another reason.So are the laws fair, no I don't think so. Its your choice to wear that belt law or no law and its a biker's choice if there is no law but not his choice if there is a law.
And we've gotten off the post of amusing cell phone photo's so here's one for Wayne.322614

In Texas you are allowed to be stupid and ride a motorcycle without a helmet is STUPID X2 in my book but you have to wear a seat belt in a car or truck. I have been saved at least 3 times by seat belts and would never think of not wearing one but the fact that big brother says I must wear one in my 4500# truck but some idiot weaving in and out of traffic without a helmet is OK makes me mad every time I see it.

Randy Red Bemont
10-02-2015, 9:44 AM
Y'all just killed what could have been a very amusing thread.

Red

Barry McFadden
10-02-2015, 9:52 AM
OK...Guys...I'll try to make it amusing again....this is how NOT to park in Canada in the winter!!

Malcolm McLeod
10-02-2015, 10:53 AM
OK...Guys...I'll try to make it amusing again....this is how NOT to park in Canada in the winter!!

I think this looks fairly normal. One little speck of ice in N. Texas, and everybody parks like that. :eek:

julian abram
10-02-2015, 11:54 AM
"I think this looks fairly normal. One little speck of ice in N. Texas, and everybody parks like that." :eek:

Good one! So true.

Lee Schierer
10-02-2015, 1:09 PM
They park along my road like that too sometimes....occasionaly when it is not even winter.

Gaye Hart
10-02-2015, 7:49 PM
there's a septic pump truck in my area that has several things painted on it

"Caution - tank may contain political promises"
"Mac's Septic - No. 1 in the No. 2 business"

Kent Adams
10-02-2015, 8:29 PM
Lighten up guys :)

Helmet laws haven't been around very long, the same is true for seat belts and a whole list of things that not to long ago didn't exist. We used to ride in the back of pickup trucks and I still ride my bicycle without a helmet which is pretty low risk considering lots of other activities like playing high school football.

Keith, what's "not very long" in your book? I know in NC, seat belt laws went into effect in 1985. Helmet laws in my state even before then.

Kent Adams
10-02-2015, 8:34 PM
"guy on the bike has no effect on you at all. I don't think we need more Government regulations."

Until said biker drops the bike and is taken to the emergency room to have his head put back together and the hospital finds out he has no health insurance and then charges it off to indigent care and we all end up paying because medical costs go up for those of us that were responsible by buying insurance and wearing helmets.

Scott Shepherd
10-02-2015, 8:53 PM
Can we not even have a funny photo thread without picking things apart and going at each other? Take it in the spirit in which it was posted, silly photos, not helmet laws, animal rights, or Darwin awards.

This is a textbook example of why threads end up getting locked or moderated.

Brian Kent
10-02-2015, 11:59 PM
I am offended that "herding" is misspelled :)

Keith Outten
10-03-2015, 2:32 AM
Keith, what's "not very long" in your book? I know in NC, seat belt laws went into effect in 1985. Helmet laws in my state even before then.

Kent,

My bicycle is a Schwinn Super Sport that I bought on my 16th birthday so its 48 years old if that helps to set my personal time line. I don't recall there being any bike helmets available in those days.
I don't remember when the motorcycle helmet laws went into effect in Virginia or seat belt laws but 30 years doesn't seem to be a long time to me these days, I have shoes that are older then that and I've owned a lot of new and used automobiles that didn't have seat belts :)

Anyone seen the graphic of the OSHA Cowboy? I'm just poking fun here don't take this seriously...

Moses Yoder
10-03-2015, 6:16 PM

That is not amusing at all. There is no way to tell if the driver was wearing a seat belt or a helmet.

Brad Adams
10-03-2015, 6:28 PM
I guess I'm lucky to be alive. I rode in the back of the truck all the time when I was a kid. Now I ride my motorcycle without a helmet.