PDA

View Full Version : Used Ridgid TS3660

Michael Alu
10-01-2015, 3:03 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here so I wanted to introduce myself and possibly get some questions answered about a used Ridgid TS3660. My current table saw is a Delta Shopmaster ts220ls that was passed down to me. This saw just doesn't cut it anymore. I found this TS3660 on CL and a little old lady that wants it gone. Story behind this was this was her sons and it was used once and then never again. It has stayed in her garage for four years. Now down here in South Louisiana I know that rust is inevitable but if all this rust will affect the surface not being flat. From the picture it looks like surface rust and that it can be cleaned up. Also, if I'm not mistaken this model has the one piece rail system. I believe they introduced the two piece system with the next model the TS4511.

I can get this saw for $250 or possibly lower. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Dwight
10-01-2015, 4:18 PM
Half of the new price is a good rule of thumb. Apparently at the end of HD selling them, the 3660 sold for $399 so that would indicate $200 is fair. But they sold for more like 600 for a longer period of time. Rusted up would take you down again.

I don't know which model it is but some Rigid table saws are known for changing the angle between the blade and the top when the height of the blade is changed. I would google around to find that before I purchased this. There are various attempts to fix. Past a point in time, a revised casting was used and the problem apparently went away. Or you could just check the angle of the blade to the table at several heights.

Jason Gusler
10-01-2015, 4:32 PM
I have a TS3660 that I bought used about 3 years ago. It had some surface rust on the top, not quite as bad as your picture but with a little patience and elbow grease it will shine again, just make sure there is no deep pitting. The rail is a 1-piece design and I have had no troubles out of my saw, plenty of power for what I need it for and it cuts straight. The motor is capable of being run at 220V or 120V so you don't have to change anything electrical in your shop. I would offer $200 and even if you have to pay $250 its still a good deal in my opinion

Keith Westfall
10-02-2015, 12:09 AM
I got one a few years ago (new) on sale for 450. Great saw for what I need. It comes with the lift system and it is a good one.

Rich Engelhardt
10-02-2015, 1:32 AM
I've had mine for a number of years now.
Great bang for the buck.

$250 is a fair price. $200-$225 would be more like it for one in that condition. I'd figure on ~ $25 for a new link belt for something that sat that long w/out being run.
I doubt the rust is bad enough to affect flatness. It appears mostly cosmetic - but - you'll still spend time and effort making it go away.

Michael Alu
10-02-2015, 8:38 AM
Thanks for the replies. If I get the saw I'll post some close up before and afters as well. Thanks for the tip on the new belt. That slipped my mind earlier.

Brian Tymchak
10-02-2015, 9:10 AM
I have the 3660s older brother, the 3650. Great saw for a 1.5 HP saw. The one regret I have is that I bought a Freud SD608 Dial-a-Width dado stack before I realized that the arbor was too short to support that stack. (True for most contractor style saws from what I've read.) That stack includes an adjustable width outer hub that steals arbor length. I can only put about 9/16" max width stack on. So, my advice is if you end up with the saw, get a traditional dado set for it.