PDA

View Full Version : Beam Alignment

Ray Beaty
09-30-2015, 9:11 PM
I am trying to do a beam alignment on my Hurricane 60 watt laser but have run into an adjustment problem on the third mirror. When I shoot the dots I get one on top and one on bottom and when I move the bottom one up to meet the top one I run out of adjustment before I can make them meet. Just wondering if anyone can give me a solution to correct this problem. Hope this makes sense!
Thanks in advance.

Scott Shepherd
09-30-2015, 9:30 PM
I can't help you with the specifics for that laser, but when you can gets those to line up, it's a problem at the very beginning of the path. I'd start at mirror #1 again and make sure it's all perfect there.

It is really just that simple. If you can't line up #2 or #3, it's because #1 isn't right.

Walt Langhans
09-30-2015, 10:30 PM
What Scott said, and for a little more info (becasue I've had this problem before) it's very possible that your laser is so far out of alignment that you need to not just use the adjusting screws but readjust the mirror holders as well. If you go back and start at mirror 1 and it's perfect, and then move to mirror 2 and it's perfect, and then get to mirror 3 and the dot's 'chase' each rather than coming together, then your issue is the your way out of alignment and need to start at the beginning and start adjusting your mirror holders.

Jeff Body
10-01-2015, 12:17 AM
This is probably one of the best laser alignment videos I've been able to find.
Check it out!

https://youtu.be/-Wa6vbfg4UY

Rich Harman
10-01-2015, 12:57 AM
This is probably one of the best laser alignment videos I've been able to find.
Check it out!

https://youtu.be/-Wa6vbfg4UY

That is quite different compared to how I align. Maybe it works okay, but it seems like you'll be repeating steps a lot if you do it that way.

Ray Beaty
10-01-2015, 8:13 AM
Hi Rich,
May I ask how you do your alignment? My laser is actually a Gweike 60w I got from Hurricane Laser which is no longer in business.

Thanks.
Ray