PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Unhealthy Snacks

Rich Riddle
09-29-2015, 1:55 PM
With Halloween approaching the proliferation of candy corn increases much to the wife's dismay. She cannot resist that and carrot cake. Chocolate is my weak spot. With the holidays not far off, what snack will prove too much temptation to resist?

Andrew Joiner
09-29-2015, 2:05 PM
Sorry Rich but dark chocolate is a health food as long as you don't wash it down with milk. Mine is Dorito's. I never buy them, but if I'am offered one chip I can't resist eating the whole bag.

Brett Luna
09-29-2015, 2:24 PM
Single malt.

Dan Hintz
09-29-2015, 2:30 PM
If we're talking candy, then it's Bottle Caps (especially the root beer, and they have to be fresh and soft).

Ice cream comes next in the list.

Then sweet wines... though if it's red it has some health benefits, soooooo....

Michael Weber
09-29-2015, 2:38 PM
Anything with peanut butter in the ingredients.

Shawn Pixley
09-29-2015, 2:50 PM
Cashews...

Bruce Volden
09-29-2015, 3:42 PM
Jalapeno cheddar popcorn from Target!

Bruce

George Werner
09-29-2015, 4:09 PM
Doritos and Cheez Doodles. If they show up in the house they're as good as gone.

Steve Peterson
09-29-2015, 4:14 PM
Dark chocolate for me. Some people say it is healthy, so Red vines. Costco sells large tubs of them and I usually eat a couple every time I walk by. They are no good after they get hard and stale.

Steve

Jim Becker
09-29-2015, 5:00 PM
High quality dark chocolate...which I don't consider "un-healthy". The "good stuff" can be satisfying with a few small bites in that respect. I also keep sourdough pretzels around to take care of "the munchies".

Rich Riddle
09-29-2015, 5:05 PM
Jim, I always took you, Ken Fitzgerald, and Rod Sheridan as health food types.

Scott Pierce
09-29-2015, 5:13 PM
With Halloween approaching the proliferation of candy corn increases much to the wife's dismay. She cannot resist that and carrot cake. Chocolate is my weak spot. With the holidays not far off, what snack will prove too much temptation to resist?

Last year my kids after trick-or-treating decided to inventory and count their candy haul because they had noticed in past years that a lot of it seemed to magically "disappear" over time. I just with I could go trick-or-treating also, but I don't think people would give much candy to an adult. I don't know if it is my "favorite" snack, but if there is candy in the house, it seems to evaporate pretty quickly. Anything sweet is on my list.

Jerry Thompson
09-29-2015, 5:39 PM
I do not consider anything bad for me except zucchini and tilapia.

Jason Roehl
09-29-2015, 6:07 PM
I avoid junk foods like sweet potatoes and eggplant.

Things like bourbon, bacon, and beer are not junk foods, as they are good for my mental health and prolong the life of other people around me.

As for sweets, I avoid them for the most part throughout the year, save for the holidays. I love good, chewy cookies (no nuts, that's just wrong), chocolate, doughnuts, candy corn, saltwater taffy, OREOS (double stuf should become the normal filling amount, and when my wife dips them in chocolate...you better not eat any of them...I have connections), homemade peanut brittle, homemade caramel, wait...are you guys trying to torture me?

Mike Ontko
09-29-2015, 6:33 PM
Pure evil...

http://www.fritolay.com/images/default-source/blue-bag-image/cheetos-puffs-cheese.tmb-.png?sfvrsn=1

Paul McGaha
09-29-2015, 7:08 PM
Cashews...

I like cashews too. Costco sells a nice jar of them.

PHMhttp://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=22233286

Kent A Bathurst
09-29-2015, 7:13 PM
I like cashews too. Costco sells a nice jar of them.

PHMhttp://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=22233286

Paul - baloney.

Your favorite unhealthy snack is a hotdog at a Senators game. Look what it did to your blood pressure this season.

Kent Adams
09-29-2015, 7:51 PM
Rice Krispie bars.

Gary Yoder
09-29-2015, 8:07 PM
Ice cream... Oh and Mountain Dew..

Mike Berrevoets
09-29-2015, 8:51 PM
Original glazed Krispy kremes. Warm directly from the bakery only. Thank goodness it is in a part of town I don't frequent or I'd be buying bigger pants too.

Favorite candy to steal form my kids Halloween basket: Reese's peanut butter cups.

whit richardson
09-29-2015, 9:01 PM
Butter Pecan ice cream or any ice cream from the little store in front of the dairy farm on a back road in PA with three trucks and an old Chevy station wagon out front and folks licking their cones perched on their bumpers or tailgates.

Scott Shepherd
09-29-2015, 9:19 PM
Cashews are unhealthy?

Mel Fulks
09-29-2015, 9:32 PM
Surprised to see these ice cream votes. America's ice creams are under atack!. The Bryers praline and cream was a great favorite in this house ...and they stopped making it! When I called to complain the lady told me it was not ice cream. "It's a frozen dessert ". Yes! ,she told me I had the nomenclature wrong on the product I liked and they don't make anymore!!
I indignately refused as dirty rags the coupons she wanted to give me. Still trying to find something rich and creamy but with little success. I'm old enough to remember "ice milk" which was rejected by all good Americans decades ago....it is back again.

Rich Riddle
09-29-2015, 9:43 PM
Mel, in the Cincinnati area they have Graeter's Ice Cream with seasonal flavors. It's wonderful. What surprised me was how many members here seem to "borrow" sweets from the children going out on Halloween. Sort of humorous when children count their bounty to ensure it doesn't dwindle at night.

Allan Speers
09-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Single malt.

Same here!

- But I'll never understand why they call it "single malt." - I can never drink just one. :o

Gerry Grzadzinski
09-29-2015, 10:36 PM
1) Candy Corn M&M's (White Chocolate).
Only available this time of year, for about a month. I have 6 bags in the refrigerator.

2) Flamin' Hot Fritos. Extremely hard to find around here, so I buy quite a few bags when I see them.

Andrew Hughes
09-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Funyuns are pretty darn good.

Shawn Pixley
09-29-2015, 11:01 PM
Cashews are unhealthy?

High in fat. 65% of the calories are from fat. But oh so good...

Mark Blatter
09-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Surprised to see these ice cream votes. America's ice creams are under atack!. The Bryers praline and cream was a great favorite in this house ...and they stopped making it! When I called to complain the lady told me it was not ice cream. "It's a frozen dessert ". Yes! ,she told me I had the nomenclature wrong on the product I liked and they don't make anymore!!
I indignately refused as dirty rags the coupons she wanted to give me. Still trying to find something rich and creamy but with little success. I'm old enough to remember "ice milk" which was rejected by all good Americans decades ago....it is back again.

Wal-Mart carries their own Sam's Choice ice cream that is actually one of the best out there. If you look at the ingredients, it is right there with the best of them, meaning only a few and good ones at that. It is my preferred type of ice cream.

Mel Fulks
09-29-2015, 11:23 PM
My thanks to Rich and Mark for the ice cream suggestions. Greater's ships and we have a Walmart!

Matt Marsh
09-30-2015, 8:35 AM
322483DANGER! DO NOT! I repeat! DO NOT try these! Especially with a glass of ice cold milk!

dennis thompson
09-30-2015, 8:53 AM
Can't believe no one has saId TWINKIES !

Lee Schierer
09-30-2015, 9:23 AM
Cheetos, Panda Paws Ice Cream, cashews, chocolate chip Cookies, Peanut M&M's, etc. etc. Too many to list.:eek:

Rich Engelhardt
09-30-2015, 9:42 AM
These -

They have to be Indian brand and they have to be in the cardboard box.
Used to buy them for $.02 a box when I was a kid.
A dime's worth is/was enough to make anyone sick to the stomach :D
But man was/is it worth it!

Matt Marsh
09-30-2015, 9:48 AM
Well's Blue Bunny Premium Ice Cream is da bomb! Pick a flavor!

http://www.bluebunny.com/Default.aspx

michael langman
09-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Ben and Jerries New York Super Chunk Ice Cream.

Tom Stenzel
09-30-2015, 11:41 AM
I can't figure out how basic food staples like chocolate and ice cream are being mentioned in a SNACKS list. Makes no sense to me at all.

Too many favorite junk/snack foods to list but my Favorititest snack food: Chili Cheese Fritos. They need to be outlawed but don't you dare!

-Tom

Mark Blatter
09-30-2015, 12:36 PM
My favorite 'snack' is my wife's brownies. Or, because it has flour in it, should it be considered part of a food group?

CC cookies, fresh out of the oven and still hot/warm are close to the top as well. For pre-packaged goods, I suppose Snickers and powder donuts are tough to beat.

Eduard Nemirovsky
09-30-2015, 1:53 PM
Dark chocolate and cheese. I can eat cheese any time of the day:D

Ed.

Rich Riddle
09-30-2015, 3:22 PM
I remember an episode of Barney Miller when Detective Sergeant Phil Fish ate Brownies and was surprised to find the "special" ingredient.

My favorite 'snack' is my wife's brownies. Or, because it has flour in it, should it be considered part of a food group?

CC cookies, fresh out of the oven and still hot/warm are close to the top as well. For pre-packaged goods, I suppose Snickers and powder donuts are tough to beat.

Kev Williams
09-30-2015, 6:38 PM
http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/snacks.jpg

Just a few... ;)

Dick Strauss
10-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Rich,
All I can say is "Mooshy Mooshy"

Bruce Wrenn
10-01-2015, 9:04 PM
Most anything wife's husband cooks! He's slowly but surely killing me with the goodies that he makes. Meringue pies (chocolate and lemon,) German chocolate pie, buttermilk coconut pie, pinto bean pie, cheese cake, carrot cake, pound cake (orange and lemon,) chess pies, apple dumplings, tunnel of fudge cake, sweet potato pie, banana pudding, and yeast rolls. Yeast rolls aren't unhealthy unless you eat the whole pan, which I have done

Bruce Page
10-01-2015, 9:29 PM
I don't eat many snacks but there is a pizzeria nearby that sells a pazookie desert that is a 6" heavy chunk chocolate chip cookie baked in a small pan with two scoops of French vanilla ice cream in the center. Yummy!

Joe Skinner
10-03-2015, 6:07 PM
Chex mix, shredded cheese, nuke about 30 seconds