PDA

View Full Version : Choosing co2 laser tube (3rd one in a year, 300hours 1st, 200hours 2nd)

tadici mihai
09-29-2015, 9:20 AM
i have a really big problem...

my second RECI z2 tube is loosing power verry fast, and i need a new tube as soon as posible
both of them survived for 6 months each and 300 working hours first, and second 200working hours...
i have an cw5000 chiller, and did everything to not get it over 25mAmps....
most of my time i do engravings, and verry little cutting on 4mm plywood or 3mm MDF

so, what brand is better these days: EFR, RECI, Yongli?
should i go with reci or choose another brand?

Dave Sheldrake
09-29-2015, 9:48 AM
EFR

and check for cavitation bubbles in the full reflector mirror end when you start the machine up

tadici mihai
09-29-2015, 10:15 AM
i check for bubles weekly... never had any...
i always use low powers... never got under 20% and verry rarely over 60 (max 80% once or twice) but not over 25mAmps

EFR

and check for cavitation bubbles in the full reflector mirror end when you start the machine up

Clark Pace
09-29-2015, 6:33 PM
i check for bubles weekly... never had any...
i always use low powers... never got under 20% and verry rarely over 60 (max 80% once or twice) but not over 25mAmps

I was told to never run at 100% so I generally run at 75% somtimes 80%.

No that being said we have a reci tube we can at 100% for about two years and it was still going strong. We we did a lot of laser cutting at my last job. I don't know since I left how it has been.

Rich Harman
09-29-2015, 6:58 PM
EFR

The 80W and 130W Recis that I have do not have water contacting the reflector end - the water makes no contact with anything metal.

tadici mihai
09-29-2015, 7:15 PM
The 80W and 130W Recis that I have do not have water contacting the reflector end - the water makes no contact with anything metal.

true... but that don't have anything to do with my loss of power... really... 300 working hours for a laser tube?
and second will not be able to cut a piece of paper in 100 hours...
in my opinion, i got two pieces of junk from reci, and i will never buy one again...
both of them was bought from a Gweike seller... first came with machine, second ordered after first died...
3rd one will be the last... if it goes down in less than 500hours, i will give away my machine...
Others, use laser tubes for years... reci or not reci... co2 watercooled glass tubes... and i got 2 dieing tubes in a year and i did not even used them for too much...

Rich Harman
09-29-2015, 7:25 PM
true... but that don't have anything to do with my loss of power... really... 300 working hours for a laser tube?

My reply was directed at Dave's comment regarding watching for cavitation. I do not believe that applies to the Reci tubes because there is no opportunity for that to happen near the reflector. Not a plus or minus, just an observation.

Scott Marquez
09-29-2015, 7:47 PM
Do you think the problem could be related to the power supply?
I have seen the EFR tube and power supply recommended here.
Scott

Ron Gosnell
09-29-2015, 7:58 PM
This is not a reci but on my SPT tube there is about a 1.5 inch chamber in front of the water outlet
that was creating an air pocket(highlighted in yellow). It was a real booger to clear out the air
and fill it with water because it just kept trapping the air. After a few attempts I finally got it.
I have read that this is a real hot spot on several tube brands and one to watch out for.

Gozzie

Dave Sheldrake
09-29-2015, 8:05 PM
My reply was directed at Dave's comment regarding watching for cavitation. I do not believe that applies to the Reci tubes because there is no opportunity for that to happen near the reflector. Not a plus or minus, just an observation.

Yup, Rich is quite right, my mistake, that'll teach me to type before thinking :)

tadici mihai
09-30-2015, 11:51 AM
it seems that Frank from EFR sells only 4tubes as minimum order...
anyone know another sale person from EFR who can help me with a lasertube?

Dave Sheldrake
09-30-2015, 2:36 PM
Try Andy Zhu

tadici mihai
09-30-2015, 3:24 PM
Try Andy Zhu

i have him on skype, but hard to find him online... but i'll wait...

John Noell
09-30-2015, 8:42 PM
FWIW, The RECI that came with my machine died quickly. The replacement had a cracked lens after a few hours. I have not tried the last replacement, as I went with EFR before the last RECI tube arrived (and it has been happily lasing away day after day). :)

tadici mihai
10-01-2015, 7:33 AM
FWIW, The RECI that came with my machine died quickly. The replacement had a cracked lens after a few hours. I have not tried the last replacement, as I went with EFR before the last RECI tube arrived (and it has been happily lasing away day after day). :)

who was your reseller? i can't get in touch with somebody from EFR... but i guess it's some kind of "vacation" there...

Dave Sheldrake
10-01-2015, 10:45 AM
1st to 5th is a national holiday so Lucy Chen from HX just told me

John Noell
10-01-2015, 1:24 PM
who was your reseller? i can't get in touch with somebody from EFR... but i guess it's some kind of "vacation" there...
Andy Zhu <andyzhu@bjefrlaser.com.cn>

tadici mihai
10-26-2015, 6:21 AM
Try Andy Zhu
talked to him, too... 4 tubes is MoQ...
so, i guess, back to reci...

Kees Soeters
10-26-2015, 1:50 PM
Do you keep your cooling-liquid-temperature low enough? (~19-20 degrees Celcius .. ~22degrees max)
I spoiled my first tube within a year, probably caused by insufficient cooling (in summer up to 35 degrees..:o.)

Kees

tadici mihai
10-26-2015, 3:33 PM
Do you keep your cooling-liquid-temperature low enough? (~19-20 degrees Celcius .. ~22degrees max)
I spoiled my first tube within a year, probably caused by insufficient cooling (in summer up to 35 degrees..:o.)

Kees

i think i did... at least, my cw5000 chiller said it was at 20 degrees celsius... the room have AC, to avoid being hot in summer or too cold in winter times... starting chiller at least 45 minutes before laser, to alow water to be cold enough (not too cold, to avoid condesantion)...
i did respect the amps, too...
so, no, i don't wanna belive it was my fault...

but becouse of the efr policy to send at least 4 tubes, i will go for reci again becouse (again becouse) i don't have anyone to split order and can't resell the tubes because of warranty reasons (for new electronics law say you have to honor at least a year warranty)

Keith Winter
10-26-2015, 7:15 PM
I bought my EFR ZN series tube off ebay. Very happy with it. "sign-in-china (http://www.ebay.com/usr/sign-in-china?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754) " was the seller, arrived 1 day late but other than that, so far so good. I ordered on a Saturday it was supposed to arrive Wed-Fri but arrived the following Monday. Very well packaged. Popped it in an it worked like a charm.

tadici mihai
10-27-2015, 2:08 AM
I bought my EFR ZN series tube off ebay. Very happy with it. "sign-in-china (http://www.ebay.com/usr/sign-in-china?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754) " was the seller, arrived 1 day late but other than that, so far so good. I ordered on a Saturday it was supposed to arrive Wed-Fri but arrived the following Monday. Very well packaged. Popped it in an it worked like a charm.

how many days traveled? 1 day more or less should not be a problem...
it came by boat or a fast delivery air service?

Keith Winter
10-27-2015, 4:01 AM
Air service