PDA

View Full Version : Vytek lasers?

Keith Winter
09-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Anyone here have experience with Vytek brand lasers? I had someone offer to sell me a used fx3 150 watt, and I see there is 200 watt also available. http://www.vy-tek.com/machines/CO2%20XY%20Engraving%20and%20Cutting/fx3.html
From their site and specs I'm assuming they are some sort of Chinese import with US support but I could be wrong? What's their build quality like, simular to all the other Chinese lasers or more like western lasers?

Dave Sheldrake
09-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Don't know about the FX series but I had a huge Fibre Galvo of theirs.....nothing like chinese machines :)

Matty Knott does quite a bit with Vytek I think

Keith Winter
09-29-2015, 7:37 AM
Thanks Dave!

Jacob John
12-08-2015, 9:10 AM
Quick bump to ask about "The Compact" , which is an enclosed fiber marking system. These guys seem to have a very professional setup, but like the other thread I started, I don't see a whole lot of reviews.

And I'm sure the cost difference between these guys and let's say the Trotec Speedmarker is huge, if I could even find a Trotec to purchase (the Speedmarker is apparently a ghost).

Bruce Bob
12-08-2015, 8:58 PM
Vytek is made in the state of Massachusetts. I don't think that there is any china connection. The fx3 5136 weighs about 1000 pound with no crate. It appear to be very well constructed. I have no experience with any of the China units so i cant comment there.

Jacob John
12-08-2015, 9:10 PM
Vytek is made in the state of Massachusetts. I don't think that there is any china connection. The fx3 5136 weighs about 1000 pound with no crate. It appear to be very well constructed. I have no experience with any of the China units so i cant comment there.

Good information to know, Bruce. Thanks!

Mike Null
12-09-2015, 7:41 AM
I would suggest a search for threads on Vytek. I believe there have been several in the past which may shed more light on the company.

Braden Todd
12-10-2015, 10:43 AM
When I bought my Kern I did some looking into Vytek machines. I never saw one first hand until after I bought my Kern, but I was glad I went the Kern route. What really sold me was doing a Google search for Vytek laser problems, and the same search for Kern. The Vytek search gave a lot of results, but the kern search only brought up raving reviews of the machine.
Also, the kern had more options available. For the right price and condition it may be a nice machine for you, but I'd look for a used kern too just to be safe.

Good luck!