PDA

View Full Version : Artisanal Firewood?

Jim Koepke
09-28-2015, 1:25 PM
Maybe this was brought up before, but if this guy can make money why can't I?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBb9O-aW4zI

It may just be a jab at the artisanal lust crowd.

jtk

ken hatch
09-28-2015, 2:06 PM
Jim,

As someone who formally trained in studio art and has spent many years in the Art Gallery scene both on the Board of Directors for non-profits and as a exhibitor, I almost fell off my chair laughing, great performance art.

ken

Bill Houghton
09-28-2015, 4:55 PM
It may just be a jab at the artisanal lust crowd.

jtk

Just might be, yeah. From what I read on another forum, this is a production of a Canadian TV show that's busy demonstrating Canadians have as warped a sense of humor as anyone. If you follow the link in the description, you'll find the show's main site, which includes such gems as the press release announcing that the RCMP (Mounties), faced with budget cuts, are leaving the horses out of their world-famous horse performances, and will just have Mounties moving around in formations.

Also notice the quality of the wood that they're so lovingly preparing for sale: softwood of some kind that would never make a good fire.

We live in an area in which, sadly, there might be a market for these guys.

Dan Hintz
09-29-2015, 5:31 AM
Got a good chuckle out of that one... well produced, too.

Jebediah Eckert
09-29-2015, 6:56 AM
Now that was funny............thanks for posting

Christian Thompson
09-29-2015, 8:20 AM
I like the part where he loads the one $1200 piece in the lady's car. Hilarious. Reminds me of the Portlandia skit where a guy makes hand-blown light bulbs.

Shawn Pixley
09-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Too funny.

I hope he doesn't try to impinge upon my Artisanal Dust Bunny business...

Mike Schnorr
09-30-2015, 9:00 AM
I just added the site to my file of funny stuff to look at. Thanks for sharing!

Art Mann
09-30-2015, 10:27 AM
There is no logic to what people will buy and what they will pay. I use my CNC router to carve inspirational plaques and signs for sale. My best sellers are carved on barn wood from an old tractor shed that was hit by a tree on our farm. Otherwise, I would burn it on location or split it for kindling (heart pine). I am trying to sell all I can while the fad still exists.

Mark Stutz
09-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Almost thought it was April 1st!

whit richardson
10-01-2015, 10:38 PM
I'm betting if I post this on my FB timeline somebody will want to know who would pay for that and someone else will ask how to contact them to order some. in other words we get it but non-woodies not so much.

John Kananis
10-02-2015, 12:24 AM
I have to say: I am completely and thoroughly disgusted by this - honest.

Dan Hintz
10-02-2015, 8:07 AM
I'm betting if I post this on my FB timeline somebody will want to know who would pay for that and someone else will ask how to contact them to order some. in other words we get it but non-woodies not so much.

I was thinking the same... lots of the same types of people out there.

Matthew N. Masail
10-02-2015, 9:11 AM
Lol ! Here's something to balance it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiVmKC8xXJ8

whit richardson
10-02-2015, 6:27 PM
:confused: like the foreign heads of state that thought an an article in The Onion was real news....

David Spurr
10-02-2015, 7:14 PM
Man that was funny. Loved the $1200.00 price tag.