PDA

View Full Version : Trotec 360 laser

Rich Kruyer
09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Looking at purchasing a new Trotec 360 laser. Is there any options that you guys recommend? I am trying to decide on either the 60 watt or the 80 watt about a $2k price difference. Has anyone else purchased a Trotec 360?

Gary Hair
09-28-2015, 12:43 PM
I recently bought an 80 watt Speedy 400. I would suggest you go with 80 watts if you can afford it, the extra power will only help with cutting and you can still dial it down enough to do engraving. The additional $2,000 will be nothing over the lifespan of the laser when you consider how much time you will save with the extra power. Unless you are mainly lasering anodized aluminum or cutting thin paper, you'll appreciate the extra power.

Ross Moshinsky
09-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Last year I priced out all the lasers and Trotec were selling the the Speedy 300 with a 60W for almost the same price as the 80W. It was literally within a few hundred dollars. I would look into getting the 80W and negotiating the price to very close to the 60W price.

Dan Hintz
09-28-2015, 12:48 PM
I recently bought an 80 watt Speedy 400. I would suggest you go with 80 watts if you can afford it, the extra power will only help with cutting and you can still dial it down enough to do engraving. The additional $2,000 will be nothing over the lifespan of the laser when you consider how much time you will save with the extra power. Unless you are mainly lasering anodized aluminum or cutting thin paper, you'll appreciate the extra power.

This ^^^^

Unless you're doing all light stuff (anodized aluminum, glass, etc.) where the extra power won't help, get it while it's (relatively cheap). Also, don't forget that the Trotec's run at nearly twice the speed of most systems out there... the increased carriage speed means more power is needed to keep a (relatively) similar engrave speed (i.e., an 80W Trotec is like running my old ULS with a 40W tube).

Scott Shepherd
09-28-2015, 1:16 PM
I talked to Tech Support the other day and they said they aren't out there yet, so I think you'll have a hard time finding anyone that can tell you about it. I've seen it a show and that's about it.

Keith Winter
09-28-2015, 1:39 PM
80w all day. Well worth the extra money.

Mike Null
09-28-2015, 1:41 PM
The 80 watt machine will enable you to use the full engraving speed and a faster cutting speed.

Jack Clague
09-28-2015, 5:39 PM
Plus you get to put 80W in your signature, now that is definitely worth the extra 2k :D

But as above I agree 80w over 60w if you can afford it

Kev Williams
09-28-2015, 6:05 PM
. Also, don't forget that the Trotec's run at nearly twice the speed of most systems out there

There is one out there that's faster... :)

Scott Shepherd
09-28-2015, 6:20 PM
There is one out there that's faster... :)

That no one on this forum owns? ;)

Jacob John
09-28-2015, 6:27 PM
Yeah I don't hate anyone in this forum when I see these posts. Not at all.

Are you getting the Flexx or just the CO2? What I could do with 80w and that working area. Wow. :)

Maybe one day...

Kev Williams
09-28-2015, 9:55 PM
I own one LIKE it, just not "it". :)

I'm not knockin' Trotec-- But Gravograph is definitely the red-headed stepchild of THIS forum! Shame, 'cause they 're great machines!

-and, they're built in the same part of the world, only a Switzerland's throw away from each other...

Scott Shepherd
09-28-2015, 10:25 PM
I own one LIKE it, just not "it". :)

I'm not knockin' Trotec-- But Gravograph is definitely the red-headed stepchild of THIS forum! Shame, 'cause they 're great machines!

-and, they're built in the same part of the world, only a Switzerland's throw away from each other...

Hey, don't blame us that Gravograph doesn't attend any shows that sell engravers, don't advertise on forums with 1000's of laser consumers, and don't participate in any discussions here. We own a New Hermes machine, have bought material from them since the 80's, yet they have never once tried to sell us a laser.

Can't blame any of that on the customer!

Kev Williams
09-29-2015, 12:17 AM
My rep takes machines to shows all year. At least shows within reasonable driving distance. Occasionally he gets to use the mobile engraving shop to take to shows. Very cool, an entire engraving shop masquerading as a motor home!

What all the OTHER reps in the country are doing, no clue. Busy shooting themselves in the foot I guess! ;)

Jack Clague
09-29-2015, 1:42 AM
I walked past the Gravograph stand when I was at the visual show in Melbourne, holding 3 different laser manufacturer companies catalogs and show bags, the rep just looked at me said hi and then went back to working on the mechanical engraving machine, I even stood next to the laser machine for a good min looking it over, he didn't seem interested in me so I went else where.

Mike Null
09-29-2015, 6:31 AM
Gravograph is not only a total screw up when it comes to customer support for their machines, they are a total screw up on just handling a material order.

Scott Shepherd
09-29-2015, 8:18 AM
That should tell you something about them. They have the fastest machine on the market and not one person on this forum owns one? Why is that, do you think? Because so many of us say how important speed and quality are, yet there's no one here with one? On the other hand, how many Trotec, Epilog, and Universal owners are there on this forum?

Kev, I think you have the only rep in the country worth anything when it comes to that company. The stories you have told prove that. He gets it, he's plugged in. Too bad he's one of the few that does. When they were New Hermes, their rep here cared about selling a machine so little, we went with a Xenetech. This isn't a new problem for them, it's a culture that's been that way for more than a decade for the rest of us. You better hope your rep doesn't retire before you do. If so, you'll be forced to experience the same level of service the rest of the country does, and it's not pretty.

Rich Kruyer
09-29-2015, 8:57 AM
Jacob it would only be the Co2 laser. looks like the 80 Watt is what I am going to end up with. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Jack Clague
09-29-2015, 6:11 PM
Jacob it would only be the Co2 laser. looks like the 80 Watt is what I am going to end up with. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Pics are required when you get the machine :D

Robert Tepper
09-29-2015, 11:38 PM
By all means purchase the 80 watt.

I spoke to my sales rep two days ago and he said that the 360 model will be difficult to come by since only a certain amount have been built and that amount has to fill world wide orders. Just passing along what I heard. He also said it was just slightly larger than the 300. I am saving my money for a 400, hopefully by next summer.

Robert

Rich Kruyer
09-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Well I had to update my equipment list to include a Trotec Speedy 360 80 watt laser! :) Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Gary Hair
09-30-2015, 12:12 PM
But why does it get second billing???

Well I had to update my equipment list to include a Trotec Speedy 360 80 watt laser! :) Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Kev Williams
09-30-2015, 1:13 PM
--and what's a "Speedy 36"? ;)

Gary Hair
09-30-2015, 2:00 PM
--and what's a "Speedy 36"? ;)

Maybe because he just ordered it, he's only 10% of the way to having it...

Kev Williams
09-30-2015, 2:29 PM
-so long as it's not Trotec's answer to the Glowforge... :eek:

Gary Hair
09-30-2015, 3:28 PM
-so long as it's not Trotec's answer to the Glowforge... :eek:

You just had to go there, didn't you?

Raphael Weil
10-01-2015, 8:05 AM
What's a Speedy 360 with the 80 Watt run these days before getting into any of their accessories (air assist etc...)?

Sorry if we aren't allowed to ask that, dawns on me I haven't seen a ton of prices mentioned.

Jacob John
10-01-2015, 7:35 PM
What's a Speedy 360 with the 80 Watt run these days before getting into any of their accessories (air assist etc...)?

Sorry if we aren't allowed to ask that, dawns on me I haven't seen a ton of prices mentioned.

I'm not sure why, but it's kind of taboo. I'm still new to all of this, so I'm not sure why. I do know though, that being a member here does get you a discount.

Gary Hair
10-01-2015, 8:38 PM
I'm still new to all of this, so I'm not sure why

Most of the time that prices are kept secret it's because the dealers/distributors don't want you to beat them up with a price that someone else gave them. Sometimes that's justified but most often it's just to protect their margin and allow them to price their machines to whatever any particular customer is willing to pay.

Rich Kruyer
11-12-2015, 10:00 PM
So I got to pickup my new machine today! Trotec 360 80 watt laser !! :):D325181

Rich Kruyer
11-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Picked up my new Trotec 360 80 watt laser today!!!:D 325189

Keith Winter
11-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Very sharp Rich!

Gary Hair
11-13-2015, 12:10 AM
Nice! Congrats!!