PDA

View Full Version : More about Bosch

Andrew Ault
08-26-2005, 2:05 PM
This is a reply to Jerry's post - for some reason it is appearing before this post when I view it:

I have an older Bosch 14.4v cordless drill - I don't know the model number. I have used and abused it for years and it just keeps working. I only have the original two batteries and they seem to work as well as ever. It seems that when the batteries start to go it will probably be cheaper to buy another complete set instead of replacing the batteries.

It was $100 when I bought it from a tool website startup. When it goes, I'll probably replace it with an impact and drill set. It may well be a Bosch, because this one has been just great...used for driving sockets, bits, screws...on and on. I once used it to drill and drive hundreds of lags on a long rail fence - all day for days, swapping batteries back and forth. No effect on it, just me.

When it's worn out it will have done its job.

Jerry Crawford
08-26-2005, 2:29 PM
Earlier I was seeking a recharger for a Bosch Bat015 cordless drill power Pack. It was suggested I look at the Bosch job site radio. I did and I'd love to have one but neither model of the radio will recharge the battery's I have which call for BC001 charger. I did a search and think this charger has been replaced with a 004 model (whatever that is?). I can only imagine from the model numbers, I must have the very earliest Bosch Cordless drill made.

Have I acquired a drill that is going to become obsolete as soon as the current battery's die off? :o

Jeff Sudmeier
08-26-2005, 2:50 PM
Jerry. contact bosch, I sure thought that the Bosch radio would charge all the bosch batts, including the 15's....

Jerry Crawford
08-26-2005, 3:36 PM
Finally worked my way through the Bosch telephone tree to a live person and for a $30 bill they can send me a charger for this thing. No, it won;t be the radio but can't complain.