PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaker anyone???

John Miliunas
08-26-2005, 10:55 AM
No, I'm NOT looking for a new wife or something silly like that! :rolleyes: What I am looking for, though, is to see if anyone currently uses or has used the "Matchmaker" mortise & tenon jig, marketed by WW Supply? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!:) :cool:

Lee DeRaud
08-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Oh...I thought you were talking about my planer.
Never mind.

Mark Singer
08-26-2005, 11:55 AM
John,

I am not sure you need it. There are simple ways to do it with routers and tools you have with simple jigs...review my door making post...for example.

John Miliunas
08-26-2005, 12:04 PM
John,

I am not sure you need it. There are simple ways to do it with routers and tools you have with simple jigs...review my door making post...for example.

Mark, I've reviewed that even prior to this post and I agree that there are good, alternate ways of doing it. However, I ran across a deal on a used one at a good price and am just wondering if it would be worth the expenditure. It's one of those "..don't absolutely need to have" items, but maybe nice to have kind of things.:) :cool:

Dan Oelke
08-26-2005, 1:10 PM
You're asking this group for permission to buy a tool that is a good deal??? What in the world are you thinking !?!?!? :eek:

I don't know anything about it - but was curious and google did come up with this.... "review" of sorts that talks about the Matchmaker.

http://leighjigs.com/data/FMTFWW.pdf

John Miliunas
08-26-2005, 1:35 PM
You're asking this group for permission to buy a tool that is a good deal??? What in the world are you thinking !?!?!? :eek:

I don't know anything about it - but was curious and google did come up with this.... "review" of sorts that talks about the Matchmaker.

http://leighjigs.com/data/FMTFWW.pdf

Yeah, I know Dan...Where's my head, heh?:D Hey, thanks for that link! I know I've seen a similar rundown on it before somewhere and one of the things it mentions is, that it's nice to be able to do m/t's on just about any length you desire w/o special or extra setup. :) I was just kind of hoping someone out here might have had some hands-on experience with one.:) :cool: