PDA

View Full Version : New project done: No pictures yet.

Bob Weisner
08-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi:

I completed a woodworking project this week and it was quite the project , I must say.

Built my dog a doghouse, but, not just any doghouse. This doghouse is built better than some people's houses! :cool:

First, I started with 3x3's of Cherry for the corner posts front and back. Next, The main structure of the interior is made up of 5/4 White Oak. Next, I doubled up and nailed 1 /2 inch thick insulation board around the 4 sides and on top of the roof. Next, I Cedar shingled the whole doghouse top to bottom. I then painted it a nice Vermont barn red.

It took my 20 hp lawn tractor to move it. It is so heavy!

Vaughn McMillan
08-26-2005, 5:15 PM
No pics, no doghouse. Sorry, it's the rules. ;)

Sounds like quite a project, we'll need the pics to be sure. :)

- Vaughn

Martin Shupe
08-26-2005, 5:39 PM
I really need to see a pic of this, as I have recently acquired a puppy. He will stay inside most of the time, but a doghouse outside would be nice for him after I get a fence built and the weather cools off a little.

We are still baking in Texas...99 or 100 today, and no rain in sight.

We are so dry (7" behind, I think) that the pecans are falling off the trees, so maybe no nuts this year.

Now, show us your doghouse, please!

Jim Dunn
08-26-2005, 8:46 PM
I recently got in an argument with my wife and need to see it quick. May have to build one:)

Bob Weisner
08-27-2005, 8:25 AM
I don't have a digital; camera. I will take pictures with my 35 mm and have them put onto a disk . Should have the pictures up by next week.