PDA

View Full Version : Barn Sale stuff...

steven c newman
09-24-2015, 7:11 PM
Two of my favourite words in a yard sale ad....BARN SALE!!!

Got there right when they were opening up....they had a few things on one table...

While backing away from that $25 sander, about fell over a plastic tub on the ground......nose started twitching, so I just had to dig in there...

Wound up spending a whopping $13 for a few treasures from the tub....
The drill press vise MIGHt come in handy.....that baggie holds a pipe clamp, 1/2" black iron pipe I picked up later was $6. And a pair of drawknife shaped objects...one was missing a handle.

Boss was along, so we hit a few more sales...turned down some more toys..
The Jorgensen mitre saw? Think hacksaw on steriods. Didn't need the corded stuff. Went and waited in the van...

Got home, cleaned the drawknives up, looking for a name of some sort. The one MIGHT have had one, all it has is a "10" and some squiggles. (Greenlee??) It was the longer one, and it has a curve to it.....The other is a bit shorter, maybe 8", and dead flat. There IS a name of sorts on it, though....EasyCut Made in USA
322067 had a file with a handle about the right size. Drove it on the shorter knife.
Still trying to find out any info about these two. Keepers???:confused:

george wilson
09-24-2015, 7:17 PM
Those Bosch routers are nice. If you don't quite run it full speed,it significantly reduces the screaming. And,in my opinion is PLENTY fast RPM for a router,just below full speed. Routers make enough of a mess anyway without being run full speed.

steven c newman
09-25-2015, 11:02 AM
I passed on the power tools. Have the two drawknives cleaned up. A replacement handle for the 8" wide one is in place. Edges are sharp, again.

Bought 3' of black iron pipe for the pipe clamp. About $6 for the pipe.

Have the drill press vise all spiffy, need to get a few bolts to attach it to the DP. Holes lined right up, too. Might come in handy, later..

have a Village wide yard sale coming up Saturday......might wander over there, and see what's left...

BIG tool auction coming up on the 3rd of October, about three blocks away from me, could almost walk to it from here.....IF a check shows up in time....