PDA

View Full Version : clark hollowing rig and steady rest

sascha gast
08-26-2005, 4:55 AM
i found this guy on the web and i like the system so much that i ordered it. it arrived today and i gave it a short spin.
the steady rest is fantastic. now i can finally turn tall vases and such. very stable.
the hollowing rig is so massive but glides so smooth, comes with a 48" bar and a 30" bar and i can insert ALL my keltons down to 1/2" size and my proforme cutters.

i am loving this thing and can't wait to give it the big test.
i'll keep you guys posted.

sascha

John Miliunas
08-26-2005, 8:26 AM
OK Sasha...So, who exactly is this guy??? BTW, congrats! It does appear to be a substantial system! Have fun with it.:) :cool:

Jim Becker
08-26-2005, 9:13 AM
That's a really nice setup, Sascha. Looks like it works very nicely with the Stubby, too. Do post more information about the vendor...the steady is of interest to me. TYIA

Sparky Paessler
08-26-2005, 9:48 AM
Check out this site for more information.
http://www.theokspindoctor.com/

Not affiliated just thought it was interesting.

SP

sascha gast
08-26-2005, 12:12 PM
and Keith clark is a great guy to do business with. he'll help you with any questions you could have

sascha

Jerry Clark
08-26-2005, 12:27 PM
WOW Sascha, That is huge but looks like it is well made and should work on any piece that you can put on the lathe. Thanks for sharing. :D

Adam Howard
08-26-2005, 2:06 PM
Sascha! I'm so jealous!

Be sure and give us a full review once you've put it through the paces.

sascha gast
08-27-2005, 12:59 AM
i'll give you guys a review, but i can aleady tell it's great.
maybe on the next weekent i'll start something really tall

sascha

John Hart
08-27-2005, 6:25 AM
You mean to tell us that you are going to create things that are MORE awesome than before???? Sheesh! Looking forward to the next masterpiece Sasha!:)

Matthew Clarke
08-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi Sasha,
I ordered just the steady rest from Keith Clark. Got about another two weeks to wait for deliver. You are right. It is a wonderfully rugged system and hes is a very helpful person to deal with.

sascha gast
08-27-2005, 6:34 PM
congrats. you'll love it. but i have to say, the hollowing rig is even more impressive. talk about easy and safe!!
i am a very happy customer and looking at the craftmanship, the price is right\

sascha