PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 32bit to 64bit Printer drivers

RICHARD LAXTON
09-19-2015, 9:12 PM
Hello Everyone :) I have not posted in a very long time. Need some input on a problem I have that maybe you all could have the solution.
I have an Epilog Legend32, 35 watt machine running on Windows Vista Home 32bit. I have another machine that I want to use on my laser that has Windows 7, 64bit.
The reason for the switch is the 64bit machine has 12GB of Ram compared to the 32bit machine with 3GB of Ram.
Does anyone have any ideas on trying to find 32bit conversion to 64bit drivers for this old of a machine?
I appreciate any and all help.
Thanks Much!
Rich

Ron Gosnell
09-19-2015, 9:23 PM
https://www.epiloglaser.com/tech-support/epilog-drivers.htm
64 bit not listed for your legend, but I think you can search for running 32 bit drivers
on a 64 bit computer. I don't think it's that hard to do.

Gozzie

RICHARD LAXTON
09-19-2015, 9:51 PM
Thanks Ron. I will do a search. I really appreciate it.

Scott Marquez
09-20-2015, 2:29 AM
It's not really the answer to your question, but can you put more RAM in your existing computer?
I recently maxed out the RAM in my laptop that runs my laser and it runs like a dream. It took 5 minutes to change and fired the computer back up with out any adjustments.
Scott

Kev Williams
09-20-2015, 11:24 AM
I have several comptuers, most are XP 32 bit, 2-core processors and 4 gigs of ram. I have one win7 enterprise 64 bit with 4 gigs, and one win 8.1 with 8 gigs of ram and at least twice the processor speed of any other computer...

All of them run nearly equal, with the exception of the win7, which does load programs almost instantly, and the win8, which is the slowest computer I own next to an old 486 I keep around. 8 gigs ram, quad processors and it does EVERYTHING like it's swimming in mud. I don't understand it to be honest, I hate the thing. And while the win7 will load my Corel x4 in 1.5 seconds vs my XP's in about 5 seconds (Gravostyle, about 6 seconds vs 10 seconds) virtually nothing else about the 7 is faster than the XP's. And the XP's will access info on my network faster, and display photo thumbnails faster than either the 7 or 8 computers.

XP is still my favorite OS...

John Noell
09-20-2015, 4:02 PM
With a 32 bit OS you simply cannot address more than about 3GB. The main reason for adding RAM is to avoid having to "page" memory out to the HD. If you have a demand for more memory than you have RAM available, the OS moves some to the HD. In many (most?) cases, switching to a solid state drive (SSD) makes a bigger speed difference than adding RAM.