PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone downloaded IOS9 on to their ipad yet?

dennis thompson
09-19-2015, 3:00 PM
Has anyone downloaded IOS9 on to their ipad yet? If you have , are you happy with it? I have read that it will improve battery life.
thanks

Scott Shepherd
09-19-2015, 3:30 PM
I have. I haven't used it enough yet to notice any issues with the battery life, but I do like some of the new features. I was excited about the changes to Notes, because I use them all the time, but when I tried to use it, it says I can't use the new features until I upgrade my computer's OS to the version that's not even out yet. I do really, really like the NEWS thing, and how you can customize it. I like it better than Flipboard at this point. It's doing a little multitasking now too, so that's also better.

I saw some people were having problems with the install, so make sure you're backed up before trying it.

Randy Red Bemont
09-19-2015, 3:34 PM
I installed it the other day on my iphone 6 plus and all seems well. I don't know of all the benefits but the phone works and that's all I know. I'm not a techie person whatsoever.

Red

Gordon Eyre
09-19-2015, 3:52 PM
I installed it on both my iPad and my iPhone 5c with no problems. I also did my wife's as well. We both like the new features. I also listened to Kim Komando and she was touting it's virtues as well.

Matt Day
09-19-2015, 5:11 PM
I don't notice many new things so far other than some subtleties such as different keyboard font, different visual when using the voice recognition, and a swipe up for music on the locked screen in addition to the camera.

Guess I need to lookup what's new.

David Masters
09-19-2015, 11:11 PM
I have a 1st generation iPad Mini that I upgraded today. Some applications seem to crash more since the update. I do like the new News application, but it crashes a lot as well. 28 GB of space available, so the crashes are not due to space issues.

Dave

George Werner
09-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Still waiting for the go ahead from IT to load it on my work iPhone. Apparently they have to do a significant software upgrade to our mobile e-mail client in order to be compatible with 9.

Eduard Nemirovsky
09-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Installed on iPad Air2 and iPhone 6S - not very big changes, except already mentioned above, but for sure battery life much better. I am frequently working for 24 hours and my battery before on the phone just enough to come home. Now for last two calls - still 35-40%. May be it is coincidental, but I use my phone a lot during work and this improvement is important to me.

Ed.

Matt Meiser
09-20-2015, 11:36 AM
I have had it on my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 3 since this Friday morning. No issues, no amazing changes.

David Masters
09-23-2015, 12:39 PM
I've played with iOS 9 for almost week now. In addition to some application instability, I find that the copy/paste function is acting a bit squirrelly. I've had trouble zeroing in on specific words or phrases. Sometimes I can only select a word, other times I can only select a sentence, and sometimes, but less likely, the function works as intended. Additionally, I find that the performance lacking as compared to iOS 8. Although not terrible, it takes longer for applications to load, and after loading, the performance is perceptively lagging.

I'm using an older iPad Mini, and I doubt that it was in the list of devices to test iOS 9 against. But before I upgrade my wife's iPhone 5 and my iPhone 6, I think I'll wait for at least one more release.

Dave

dennis thompson
09-23-2015, 4:58 PM
I downloaded it to my Ipad , it seems to be working fine for my uses.

Shawn Pixley
09-23-2015, 7:43 PM
Downloaded to my iPhone (5S) - works great. I'll probably do my iPad tonight.

Mike Null
09-24-2015, 6:31 AM
Also downloaded it on my iPhone 5s and mac book pro retina. I've only had time to play with it a little on the phone but I'm liking it so far.

Matt Marsh
09-24-2015, 4:05 PM

I downloaded it on my new iphone 6. Not sure if it's related to the update, or if what the issue is, but sometimes when I'm texting someone, the text window changes to some sort of grayed out chronograph. I can still type the message out, but the gray area hides it. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot. Here is a screen shot. Anyone?

roger wiegand
09-24-2015, 4:11 PM
I loaded it on my phone, haven't discovered any new features yet, but also have had no problems.

Matt Meiser
09-24-2015, 4:11 PM
Its saying you are taking too long to type. :D

Matt Marsh
09-24-2015, 4:16 PM
Where is that "BONK!" button? :D

Scott Shepherd
09-24-2015, 4:37 PM

I downloaded it on my new iphone 6. Not sure if it's related to the update, or if what the issue is, but sometimes when I'm texting someone, the text window changes to some sort of grayed out chronograph. I can still type the message out, but the gray area hides it. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot. Here is a screen shot. Anyone?

That's the video message thing, isn't it? You can record video and send it as a message. Somehow it looks like you are selecting that? I haven't used it, so I'm only guessing. In fact, maybe that's not even a feature :) I thought you could send video and voice memos now.

Shawn Pixley
09-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Downloaded to the iPad, works fine

Mike Berrevoets
09-25-2015, 5:46 AM

I was getting the same thing last night. I've had a iPhone 6 since it was first released and there has always been something squirrelly with texting. If I turn the phone sideways for the wider keyboard it starts wanting to record voice message and I have to get out of the messaging and get back in for it to work. Then yesterday after the download this starts happening. I had to reboot as well. Then it happened again so I just shut down (swipe off) the messages and it seemed to work.

Matt Marsh
09-25-2015, 2:14 PM
I suppose I could be hitting it by accident. I have no idea how to select it, or un-select it.

John Meyer
09-25-2015, 7:21 PM
I just download the new update on wife's ipad and seems to be working. This is newer than the 9 version.
John

Joel Goodman
09-26-2015, 8:42 PM
Put it on my ipad and iphone - now I cannot sync (via cable) the ipad with an older white macbook (2007), the ipad causes itunes the freeze with the "beach ball of death", oddly the phone syncs fine .... I guess my choices are to use icloud or upgrade to a new laptop.

Kent Adams
09-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Dennis, in the future, its worth your while to check out the Apple support forums on Apple's website. There you'll find if people are having problems with a particular Apple product and there are experts answering questions and solving people's problems. Glad it worked out for you.