PDA

View Full Version : Requested Health Up-date

Ken Salisbury
08-25-2005, 2:27 PM
I have received numerous PM’s and E-mails inquiring about my health conditions so I guess an update is in order.

I have been through 2 sessions of chemo therapy both of which resulted in some severe side effects which I will not elaborate on. To say the least, the past 3 weeks have been a real bummer :mad: . At least pain medication and steroids have made it bearable. Lots of lab work was been done over the period and I am scheduled to see my Oncologist next Wed (Aug 31) to determine the next regiment of treatment. College football will be underway then which should also make life a little more bearable. I upgraded my Direct TV system to High Definition with massive recording capabilities which will make watching football even better.

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/bama.gif

The good side is, in the last 3 or 4 days I have been feeling pretty darn frisky :cool: . I have been sleeping better at night with little or no pain and my energy level has risen somewhat. There was a while there when I was eating pain killers like M&M’s. The darn things come in only one color though :D (white).

I went to the shop yesterday and the lights and AC are still in good working order :) .

All in all I think I have done as well as can be expected :cool: .

Thanks for all the mail.

Don Baer
08-25-2005, 2:32 PM
Good to hear from you Ken and am also glad the meds are helping. Keep on doing what the DR says and keep us in the know as to how your doing. I know your in a lot of peeps prayers.

Randy Moore
08-25-2005, 2:56 PM
Ken,

Glad to hear that you have been to your shop. Did you make any sawdust?

Keep doing what the Dr's say and we are keeping :) you in our prayers.

Hang in there buddy.

Randy

Donnie Raines
08-25-2005, 2:59 PM
Good for you Ken!. Keep the chin up.

David Wilson
08-25-2005, 3:14 PM
Ken
Thanks for the update. Things seem to be looking up. Hang in there.

Jim Becker
08-25-2005, 4:25 PM
Thanks for the update, Ken. It's not an easy road, but you'll navigate it just fine...keep your chin up! 'Hope you feel up to turning on more than the A/C and lights in the shop soon, too! ;)

Vaughn McMillan
08-25-2005, 4:56 PM
Thanks for the update, Ken. I was thinking about you just yesterday and hoping things were going in a positive direction for you. Sounds like they are, all things considered.

Hang in there...we're all pullin' for you.

- Vaughn

Ken Fitzgerald
08-25-2005, 5:37 PM
Thanks for the update Ken! Have you been consuming any of those BL pain killers?

Greg Heppeard
08-25-2005, 5:50 PM
Good to see you're doing as ok as possible. I think about you often.

Dave Mapes
08-25-2005, 7:08 PM
Ken

Glad to see you are feeling better. I know what you are going though having expereinced the LOML battle with chemo. At least you can have something to look forward to on those bad days

Dave

Frank Guerin
08-25-2005, 7:23 PM
Hang in there Ken.
I don't post much. I'm a better listner than a talker but I have built a few things that are slightly above average. I wish you the best. Have a strong attitude and possitive thoughts. The world would be boring if there were no challenges.

Harry Goodwin
08-25-2005, 8:02 PM
I'll continue to remember you in prayer. I'm told one day at a time works. God bless Harry

John Shuk
08-25-2005, 8:52 PM
Glad you are in decent spirits Ken.
John

Tony Falotico
08-25-2005, 9:21 PM
Thanks for the Update Ken, I think about ya' every day.

Bob Noles
08-25-2005, 9:37 PM
Ken,

Glad to see the update as you have been on my mind pretty heavy. Sounds like things are going well at the moment and prayers are being answered. Hang in there with all you have. It will be worth it in the end.

Please keep us posted as you can and feel up to.

Ted Shrader
08-25-2005, 9:49 PM
Ken -

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the update.

Hang in there, buddy!
Ted

Joe Mioux
08-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Like everyone else has stated. Thank you for the update and we only wish the best for you.

Joe

Jerry Clark
08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Ken, glad you still have the woodworking spirit and went out to the shop to smell the wood-- good medicine! You are going to get better!:D

John Miliunas
08-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Ken, great to hear from you! You're in my prayers daily. Hang in there, bud. You're too dern ornary to let this thing get you!:) :cool:

Jules Dominguez
08-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Glad to hear it, Ken. That sure brightens my day. I hope the good news continues.