PDA

View Full Version : Corel question

Bert Kemp
09-18-2015, 12:40 PM
In corel draw x5 theres a huge graphic's collection, but trying to find a particular graphic seems hard. is there a way to find what you want without scrolling thru a million graphic's?i don't see a search bar

David Somers
09-18-2015, 1:57 PM
Morning Bert!

I think this was available in some form in Corel X5. I only have X7 installed right now though so I am not sure. Look for Corel Connect. It allows you to search Corel supplied clipart, local files on your computer, and even certain paid services for art like IStock. Not as useful as I might like, but it is better than just browsing aimlessly.

I just pulled up the Corel X5 feature list from the Corel Draw site and see it has Corel Connect as well, and it says it can be used to search the graphic content from previous versions of Corel if you have those DVD's/CD's as well.

Dave

Bert Kemp
09-18-2015, 2:46 PM
I gave that a try, seems like it will only find things that have a lable, most all the graphic's are numbered so it really doesn't help a lot. If I type in cowboy it will find any image were the word cowboy is in it but not the corel graphic's LOL. I unchecked all the box's except corel graphic's clicked on the people folder and nothing came up same with the rest of the folders.

Morning Bert!

I think this was available in some form in Corel X5. I only have X7 installed right now though so I am not sure. Look for Corel Connect. It allows you to search Corel supplied clipart, local files on your computer, and even certain paid services for art like IStock. Not as useful as I might like, but it is better than just browsing aimlessly.

I just pulled up the Corel X5 feature list from the Corel Draw site and see it has Corel Connect as well, and it says it can be used to search the graphic content from previous versions of Corel if you have those DVD's/CD's as well.

Dave

Bernie Fraser
09-18-2015, 5:21 PM
Bert have a look at ROMCat Clip Art Utility
from CorelDrawUnleashed.com. It does cost $5 but could be just the program you are after to help you search for your files

Bert Kemp
09-18-2015, 7:35 PM
Thanks Bernie I took a look. It looks like they have it in sections not the whole package, page one a couple of sections at $5 as you get to page 5 the price per section is $25

Bert have a look at ROMCat Clip Art Utility

from CorelDrawUnleashed.com. It does cost $5 but could be just the program you are after to help you search for your files

Bernie Fraser
09-19-2015, 6:35 AM
Bert I checked my account and paid $5 for the complete program. I think what is happening is it is a default shopping cart and page 5 is actually buying 5 copies of the program as you hit the plus key. Once installed you can scan you whole hard drive for your clip art. For $5 it's worth it.

Bert Kemp
09-19-2015, 8:10 AM
Thanks but they don't have paypal.

Bert I checked my account and paid $5 for the complete program. I think what is happening is it is a default shopping cart and page 5 is actually buying 5 copies of the program as you hit the plus key. Once installed you can scan you whole hard drive for your clip art. For $5 it's worth it.

Mike Null
09-19-2015, 8:45 AM
Bert
Have you tried viewing your clipart in Windows Explorer with "icons" turned on. The screen capture shows access to v8 clipart (a particularly large file).

Bert Kemp
09-19-2015, 5:37 PM
Mike the file I'm in Libraries >Documents>Corelx5 Graphic's They show all the Icons but are labeled with numbers not words like Birds or dogs so I can't do a search, and they are listed alphabetically.I think its easier to just google an image, to bad tho as theres tons of vector graphic's.

Bert
Have you tried viewing your clipart in Windows Explorer with "icons" turned on. The screen capture shows access to v8 clipart (a particularly large file).