PDA

View Full Version : Good Service - Not from one vendor but two in two weeks

George Bokros
09-17-2015, 7:01 PM
I have some of Woodpeckers box clamps. I have one that has the threads in the knob and bolt that are damaged. I have had them for at least a year. I called Woodpeckers to order a knob and bolt since I could not determine if it was metric or USS threads. Woodpeckers sent me two knobs and bolts no charge.

Last week I sent a Kreg drill bit in for sharpening. I wrapped it in several layers of paper towel and placed it in a padded envelope. When it arrived at Kreg all they received was the check I enclosed for their sharpening service. Today I received an email saying they applied the check to a new drill bit and provided a tracking number. The amount on the invoice for the drill bit was only the amount of the check I sent them.

These two companies are top notch in my opinion. Glad I do business with them both. I am in not way affiliated with either company.

Bruce Wrenn
09-17-2015, 9:48 PM
Kreg has always been nothing less than GREAT when it comes to customer service! Plus their products are GREAT, IMHO.

Dan Rude
09-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Kreg is tops with their service. I had the tip on the HD drill break off as some others had happen. I emailed them about it and a week later I received 2 HD bits brand new as replacements. The only advice they gave was to use a corded drill to keep the RPM up over 3000 RPM. Ended up buying a dedicated corded drill to use with the HD Jig. Haven't had any issues since. Dan

Tony Zona
09-18-2015, 3:37 AM
What is an HD drill?

Kent Adams
09-18-2015, 7:00 AM
I ordered the Combo 3 Router table from Woodpeckers and when it arrived, the table had some small shipping damage on it. They sent me a whole new table the day I called, which aren't cheap. They could have asked for the first table back but didn't. Great service.

Steve Wurster
09-18-2015, 7:22 AM
What is an HD drill?

I think Dan means the drill bit from the Kreg HD set. It's a larger diameter bit and is designed for use with thicker materials.

Tony Zona
09-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Thanks, Steve. Initials and other shorthand always stump me.

But, back to the companies. It is always great to hear good stories about good companies. I have some Kreg stuff, and this is encouraging to hear that in addition to making good stuff they are a good company. I don't have any relation to Kreg, other than being a customer.

Keith Hankins
09-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Never dealt with craig, but Huge fan of woodpeckers. I had my 10year old PRL lift start having issues with elevating, I called them and described the problem, and they said the break mechanism was bad and I said ok, how much for the replacement and they said you already bought it once (original purchase) so in a couple days the new part showed up and I was back in business. Love them and shamefully must admit, I'm addicted to their one time tools.

George Bokros
09-18-2015, 7:37 PM
I have some of Woodpeckers box clamps. I have one that has the threads in the knob and bolt that are damaged. I have had them for at least a year. I called Woodpeckers to order a knob and bolt since I could not determine if it was metric or USS threads. Woodpeckers sent me two knobs and bolts no charge.

Last week I sent a Kreg drill bit in for sharpening. I wrapped it in several layers of paper towel and placed it in a padded envelope. When it arrived at Kreg all they received was the check I enclosed for their sharpening service. Today I received an email saying they applied the check to a new drill bit and provided a tracking number. The amount on the invoice for the drill bit was only the amount of the check I sent them.

These two companies are top notch in my opinion. Glad I do business with them both. I am in not way affiliated with either company.

****** UPDATE ******

Not only did they do what I said above but they shipped it UPS RED LABEL

Dan Rude
09-18-2015, 9:08 PM
Sorry about the shorthand. It is the Drill bit that comes with the Kreg HD Jig. I was typing the reply on my phone, so I tend to use some shorthand. The HD Jig uses #14 screws so it is for 2x4 material.https://www.kregtool.com/store/c22/kreg-jigreg-accessories/p218/kreg-jigreg-hd-pocket-hole-screws--30-ct/ :eek:
so the drill bit is stepped down from 1/2" to about 1/4". https://www.kregtool.com/store/c22/kreg-jigreg-accessories/p58/kreg-jig-hd-heavy-duty-drill-bit/ :) Dan