PDA

View Full Version : whats happened to Doug Thompsons site

Bevan Beames
09-17-2015, 9:19 AM
Hi

Im trying to order some tools from Doug but cant get onto his site, is it working for you guys in the USA or has something screwed up by me trying to access from Australia

Roger Chandler
09-17-2015, 9:30 AM
Hi

Im trying to order some tools from Doug but cant get onto his site, is it working for you guys in the USA or has something screwed up by me trying to access from Australia

After seeing your post, I tried a link off the WC forum.........got an error message "500 internal server problem," so there must be some sort of glitch happening at the present time.

Bevan Beames
09-17-2015, 9:39 AM
its been like it for three days, someone needs to call doug, hes losing sales.

J.D.Redwine
09-17-2015, 10:47 AM
You can get them on vinceswoodnwonders site.

Reed Gray
09-17-2015, 11:33 AM
I saw this on another forum a few days back. Computer error, and Doug is working on it. I think his phone is still good.

robo hippy

Ralph Lindberg
09-17-2015, 1:05 PM
Doug has been aware of this since the weekend.
He is working on it, but there are issues and he didn't go into details

...oppps, just checked, he stated he is feeling ill and that is slowing progress,

Scott Hackler
09-17-2015, 1:35 PM
Folks,

Doug is just getting over 43 or so cancer treatments (should be cured) and he isn't back to 100% right now. The webmaster for his site is currently on vacation and so it might be a few more days or a week before the site is back to working. If you can, call him to order something or better yet, let him rest and keep checking back until his website is fixed.

hu lowery
09-17-2015, 2:06 PM
Folks,

Doug is just getting over 43 or so cancer treatments (should be cured) and he isn't back to 100% right now. The webmaster for his site is currently on vacation and so it might be a few more days or a week before the site is back to working. If you can, call him to order something or better yet, let him rest and keep checking back until his website is fixed.

Scott,

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that, I suspect many others weren't. I enjoyed a long phone call with Doug awhile back and he seems like a HECK of a nice guy besides making some fine tools. Sorry to hear about his troubles and I do hope they are behind him. The treatments are extremely draining and it can be months before someone is in the mood to wrestle bears.

Hu

Geoff Whaling
09-17-2015, 4:13 PM
Bevan,

David Drescher at SE QLD Woodworking Supplies carries a range of Doug Thompson's tools. They may not be listed on the website so send an email or phone David.

Jeramie Johnson
09-17-2015, 4:33 PM
Since Vince's site shows some of Doug's tools out of stock, it would lead me to believe he has inventory. Maybe he has what you need in the meantime. I use my Thompson gouge daily.

Dick Strauss
09-18-2015, 9:57 AM
I wish Doug all the best in his recovery. He is a real stand-up guy in my book. I'd prefer to order diectly though him if possible.

steve worcester
09-19-2015, 5:50 PM
his chemo is over, but the webmaster is on vacation (according to Facebook)

Russell Stanton
09-20-2015, 5:37 PM
I saw him at the GA Symposium and bought several items from him. He is aware of his website issues.

Vince Welch
09-21-2015, 10:52 PM
I have a few Thompson tools now in stock.
Vince