PDA

View Full Version : 12-14 Table saw

tom suica
09-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Can someone please explain to me how their arbor works. Is there an extended arbor version. Can anyone post a couple pics so I am clear. Is it a stub arbor that is extendable?

David Kumm
09-16-2015, 10:46 AM
The arbor is removed with a pin spanner, was included with the machine but likely lost. They are notoriously difficult to remove and of course, left hand thread. Extension arbors are hard to find although Grizzly made a clone and arbors were available from them that fit the 12-14. If you go over to owwm.org, there are references and part numbers of the grizzly. I found that I never needed a longer arbor if I left the outside flange off. I could get 3/4" with using just the large nut. Dado blades are heavy plate so the flange isn't really necessary. Wider dadoes would need a different arbor. Dave

Dave Cav
09-16-2015, 10:54 PM
And, of course, you need a dado set bored for 1", not the more common 5/8".

I have never been able to get the short arbor out of my 12/14 saw. The arbor does not have the allen wrench recess in the end of it, and I don't want to put anything on the arbor that will mess it up. I do have the Grizzly extended arbor on the outside chance that someday I'll have the saw apart again and have another opportunity to try to remove the short arbor, but that's not very likely. I do any dado work I need on the 10" saw, or, much less frequently, on the RAS.

Doug McKay
09-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Early??? 12-14 (34-350) saws like mine the 1 1/8" arbor is one piece, does not come apart. While I had the arbor apart had it cut down from 1 1/8" to 1" so blades are easier to find. Also drilled and tapped the end of the arbor for a 5/8"-11 left hand bolt hole. Now I can mount my 10" blades and dado sets on the same saw!