PDA

View Full Version : Router set up to work with Makita track saw track?

James W Glenn
09-15-2015, 11:39 AM
Im considering investing in the makita track saw and was wondering how well the track will work with a router, and should I plan on purchasing any particular Makita plunge router router for system compatibility reasons? Would a PC 690 plunge base work with the Makita router mount? I have other fixtures that take the PC 690 so I will be purchasing a 2 base set before the track saw. I would appreciate any insight as far as building a track system around the Makita rails. Thanks, Woody

David Bassett
09-15-2015, 12:44 PM
Makita makes a router base/adapter for their track that works with most Makita routers. (Check model numbers, Amazon users report one or two models that don't fit.) From the published dimensions it seems like it should work with many other brands & models too, but I haven't tried it (yet). Internet reports on other brand compatibility is very mixed. Lastly, Makita track is very similar to Festool track. Someone (here, I think) posted about that and one class of tool wouldn't work, but most did.

Personally, I can only say the DeWalt track saw clamps work fine with the Makita track. Please post back with your experience.

Jim Dwight
09-15-2015, 4:30 PM
I haven't even used it yet but I have the DeWalt adapter for a router to run on their track. It is set up for a PC690. It might work on a Makita track. Might be another option if you already have a PC690.

David Bassett
09-17-2015, 3:41 PM
... but I haven't tried it (yet).....

Due to this thread, noticing an Amazon sale on the Makita track adapter for a router, and having Prime, I have now tried this. I can report the DeWalt 611 Router in Plunge base will work fine with the Makita adapter. By comparing the Makita parts with the DeWalt edge guide parts, I think this adapter should work with most DeWalt routers. (But it will not work with the DeWalt 611 in fixed base, but the fixed base doesn't accept the DeWalt accessories either.) The DeWalt instructions suggest Porter-Cable routers have the same holes and spacing, if so they should also work with the Makita adapter. Remember YMMV!

I haven't even used it yet but I have the DeWalt adapter for a router to run on their track. It is set up for a PC690. It might work on a Makita track. Might be another option if you already have a PC690.

I understand DeWalt track is very different from the Makita and Festool track and I expect the DeWalt adapter to work only with DeWalt track. I have been told Makita and Festool tracks are very similar and the Makita adapter I received says it works with Festool track.