PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming project question

timothy mckee
08-25-2005, 12:29 AM
Hi all,I haven't posted much,just soaking up the tremendous knowledge, but I'll be starting a large project soon, and need some info.I'm building an octagonal bar that seats nine and will be constucted of mahogany. Only problem is, I don't seem to be able to find much on bar design. I cant find anything in bookstores, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any sources for this. I haven't been doing this long, but I have always tried ambitious projects, and like using ornate mouldings.(One source I use is Enkeboll Design, in Carson, Calif.) I'll try to post some pics of the several projects I've done so far. I want this bar to look a little higher end, with a back bar with mirrors, raised panels etc. Thanks for any input you guys may be able to provide.

Richard Wolf
08-25-2005, 8:03 AM
While the cravings that you can purchase from Enkeboll are top of the line, the prices always look like phone #. Check around, becuase there is alot of other manufactures that produce material in the same quality level at half the price. If you need help finding them, ask and I will post them.

Richard

Mike Cutler
08-25-2005, 8:35 AM
Hopefully Per Swenson will weigh in on this one for you. He has posted to some threads with examples of his work, and the bar he made. He also had a design drawing of one, but I don't know if it was ever built.

Steve Schoene
08-25-2005, 8:26 PM
Seems lake a serious "pub crawl" is called for--after all it is research.

Joe Blankshain
08-25-2005, 9:37 PM
I'm in for the research, what city and when so that I can close the business for a few days?

Norman Hitt
08-25-2005, 9:58 PM
[QUOTE=timothy mckee]Hi all, I'm building an "octagonal bar" that "seats nine" and will be constucted of mahogany.
I don't seem to be able to find much on bar design. QUOTE]

Hmmmm,...........let's see, eight sides....seating nine people :confused: ........is the nineth person going to be the bartender sitting inside the bar????? I guess I'm pretty slow tonight mentally, but I sure don't see any way to make a design with a "Balanced Look", that will seat nine people and eight sides to do it with.

I don't know what to tell you, but when you get this thing designed, I SURE WANT TO SEE IT. :D