PDA

View Full Version : Back from vaca & gloats!

John Miliunas
08-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Made it back from FL in one piece, and thankfully, found our home still in one piece, as well! All the tornadoes, which swept through our area last week, came close, but went South and East of us. (Prayers DO go out to the folks primarily in the Stoughton area, where they suffered devastating loses, including one life!)

Anyhow, we were in the Ft. Myers area, visiting our oldest daughter and new grand-daughter. Both, mom (Ann) and baby (Madison) are doing well.:) The weather, on the other hand, was simply HOT & HUMID!!! We're talking mid to upper 90's with heat indexes into the 100°+ range the entire time we were there!:eek: We did visit some of the beaches and took in some of the sites, but mainly tried to stay where it was air-conditioned. How you folks in FL can take that all year around is beyond me! I couldn't even imagine a WW shop down there w/o AC. Just wouldn't happen for me! But, all in all, a nice trip and it was great seeing our daughter and getting acquainted with our grand-daughter!:)

As per SMC requirements, I've included a few pics from the trip. First up is Ann with her pride and joy, Madison. Then a shot of a beach at Ft. Myers, followed by another beach shot at Captiva Island. Those Palm trees are all over the place out there and give the whole area a real "special" feel to it! Lastly, but absolutely NOT least is a very special plaque Ann received from our very own Pete Simmons, here at SMC!:) Obviously, it's laser engraved, with stats, footprints of Madison and a wonderful verse. Mind you, Pete offered this up as a totally unsolicited gift to my daughter! Never met her or me, but just a fellow Creeker!:D What more needs to be said? Thank you, Pete!:)

So, for those of you wondering where I was for a while, now you know! Sorry I couldn't visit SMC in between, but we stayed with Ann and she has neither, a computer or Internet access. (Gonna' have to work on that one!) Thanks for letting me share!:) :cool:

Bruce Page
08-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Welcome back John. You have a beautiful daughter and granddaughter! The plaque is way cool!

Tim Morton
08-25-2005, 12:50 AM
MOM and baby look great John...concrats...but I wanna see a picture of you on the beach in shorts holding a cold beer...I figure being up north for so long you might have been working on your tan while you were there?:D:D

Mark Singer
08-25-2005, 1:18 AM
John,
Looking really good....great trip and wonderful family! Welcome back!!!

Karl Laustrup
08-25-2005, 6:07 AM
Actually, I was looking for the pic of you in your PACKER SPEEDO. :eek: :D Not quite sure where the Packer logo would be though. :confused: :eek: :D

Great to have you back in Packer land. It's nice to visit other places, but always good to get back home. Glad all is intact with the hacienda [aka money pit] and now grandpa's got a little one to spoil.

Karl

Tony Falotico
08-25-2005, 6:55 AM
Actually, I was looking for the pic of you in your PACKER SPEEDO. :eek: :D

That's OK John, you can skip the speedo pics !! :eek: Glad you had a good Vacation and visit with the young 'uns. You picked the worst month of the year to visit Florida, very Hot, still and humid in August. But by mid September it really gets nice. Even nicer in the northern part of the state where we actually feel a seasonal change!

Glad your home and safe -- get back in that shop :) :)

John Hart
08-25-2005, 8:01 AM
Nice shots John!...Pete-You are a fine human being. I have to second Tony's comments...If I lived in Florida again, I'd go north for August, but the rest of the year is pretty nice. Glad you had a good trip.

Steve Ash
08-25-2005, 8:02 AM
Actually, I was looking for the pic of you in your PACKER SPEEDO. :eek: :D Not quite sure where the Packer logo would be though. :confused: :eek: :D

Karl
And what's really sad is we all pictured it in our minds....Glad you made it back safe and sound John. And as you've asked me with my new family addition, where is the Packer apparrel?
Nice place Captiva Island...we used to stay at the Sanibel Harbour resort and charter a fellow from Captiva to take us out fishing. Your nice pictures reminded me of those trips, Thanks!

Rob Russell
08-25-2005, 8:11 AM
Great gloats John! Sounds like you had a great time in Florida.

MOM and baby look great John...concrats...but I wanna see a picture of you on the beach in shorts holding a cold beer...I figure being up north for so long you might have been working on your tan while you were there?:D:D

Ummm - this is a G-rated forum. I think a picture of John in shorts might void that rating! http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/censored.gif http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/censored.gif http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/censored.gif

Rob

Donnie Raines
08-25-2005, 8:15 AM
Looking good John. Looks like a wonderful stretch of country as well.

Dan Forman
08-25-2005, 8:17 AM
John---beautiful family photo, gracious creeker plaque, and a home intact to return too. Doesn't get much better than that. You can repay the favor by having them up toCheeseland for Christmas! Good t have you back

Dan

Jeff Sudmeier
08-25-2005, 8:39 AM
John, great pics! Madison sure is a cutey!! :) Glad that you are back safe and sound and your trip went well.

Boyd Gathwright
08-25-2005, 8:52 AM
.... So glad you saved us all from the embarrassment of the SPEEDO pics. Somehow my mind doesn't register when I see something from another world. Just don't understand it, never could recall an alien experience, mind goes completely blank. Nice pics of your family and vacation, John. And Pete did a super job on the laser engraving.

.... I am sure your glad to be home ;).

Boyd

Jim Becker
08-25-2005, 9:06 AM
Excellent goats, John!!!

BTW, the weather you describe is what the Philadelphia area is like in the summer...we had a break this week, but prior it was high-90s with 100-105º heat index due to the humidity!

Dennis Peacock
08-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Congrats John and welcome back. Just remember.....it's cooler in Florida than it is in Arkansas.....103º temps with heat index of 110º +......No breeze...just dead still air with heat and humidity. Makes we wish I could fly North for the summers. Thanks for the pics and congrats once again.....I was born in Florida!!!!! :eek: :D

Bob Winkler
08-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Excellent pics and post John. You have a beautiful daughter and grandaughter. And the gift from Pete really warms my heart- nice job Pete.

As for the weather, it seems like it's been hot all over. It's one of those times I'm greatful for a basement shop and central A/c.

Bob

Steve Clardy
08-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the show and tell John. Now that you are back home and at your post here, get busy and quit slacking. Lol
Steve

Roger Fitzsimonds
08-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Welcome back John.

Beautiful family and outstanding plaque by Pete. Glad all is well at home also.

Roger

Vaughn McMillan
08-25-2005, 2:39 PM
Great gloat, John. Are you sure Ann is your daughter? I'm guessin' she just gets her looks more from her mom than her dad. ;)

Looks like you've got multiple reasons to be proud, and that's what gloats are all about. Congrats on all counts.

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
08-25-2005, 2:55 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah, pretty happy camper here.:) As for the comments well, Tim, you really do NOT want to see me on the beach in my shorts, nor as Karl said, especially NOTin a Speedo!!!:eek: Tony, hot, humid and you're right, I forgot about "still". Man, hardly ever a breeze to speak of and, when there was, it was like sitting in front of a furnace blower! We knew Aug. was a bad time, but that's all our schedule would allow for this time around and we didn't really want to wait until Madison was too much bigger before we got a chance to meet her. Steve, she does have a Packer outfit, albeit still a little big for her now and they're PJ's, so it will be down the road and in the evening before we have pics of that.:) Jim, we know 1st-hand about that kind of heat in a non-Florida environment, as we've had our share of it this Summer even way up in Packerland! Still, the evenings usually cool off just a tad more than this last week on the Coast. I think upper 80's in the dead of night was about the coolest it got! Dennis, I feel for you, my friend! If those temps are typical, I think I'd be looking to move further North *permanently*, not just for the Summer!:D As for the rest of the comments, simply, "Thank you!". Much appreciated. Oh, and Vaughn, you're right...She does get her looks from her Mom! (Lucky kid!:D ):) :cool:

John Weber
08-26-2005, 9:43 AM
Congrats on all accounts, mother and baby look great. Glad the trip went well despite the heat.

Take Care Buddy - John

Jerry Olexa
08-27-2005, 5:05 PM
Late post (computer hard drive failure). Welcome back, John. Beautiful daughter and granddaughter. great pics. (No comment on the possible Speedo pics). Beautiful, caring effort on the placque You are blessed! Last few winters we have spent a couple weeks in the Naples and Venice area. we have relatives and friends who have bought winter places in that area. Nice area but prob v hot in summer! Glad you're back in Cheese land. How're the hands??

John Miliunas
08-27-2005, 9:59 PM
And more "thanks", gents! Yeah John, hot but still a pleasant visit. :) Jerry, I feel for you! HDD failures are a pain in the tush anytime they happen and regardless of how well you're backed up! (...which reminds me!!!:o ) Yes, I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity, which Pete showed! Seems I'm always talking about my friends at the Creek to my family and sometimes I get this, "Yeah. Right." look from them. Then something like that plaque happens and they can only say, "Hmmm...Guess you're right." (At that point, I mark it on the calendar and ask them to sign an affidavit to that effect!:D ) Still, nice to be home and back in the shop! Oh, and the hand is getting better all the time! Thanks for asking.:) :cool:

John Shuk
08-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Great news John. Looks like a real cutie. God bless her and your family.

Dale Thompson
08-28-2005, 4:20 PM
Hey Spring,

Contrary to macroscopic logic, your daughter and grandaughter MUST have gotten their looks from YOU! :) It's actually very simple logic. You've got NONE left so they had to go SOMEWHERE! :D

When I heard that you were in FL during the storms up in Cheeseland, I was really worried. :( I knew that August in Florida was really HOT!! :mad:
I know that, with your servants and all, you have never encountered the physical concept of SWEAT! :rolleyes: Besides, SWEAT and WORK are sometimes used in the same sentence. I'll bet that you had some really close calls with the sweat thing when racing between the limo and the Hyatt! :eek:

I don't like Pete! :) I looked at his beautiful plaque and threw all of my tools into the Peshtigo River! :eek: Talented people drive me CRAZY!! :)

Forget about the "Speedos"! I've got a new business selling "Slowdos". They are a one-size-fits-all thing so we can probably get you back on the beach in no time. Don't waste time, though, my business might get a customer any month now. :cool:

Dale T.

John Miliunas
08-28-2005, 4:52 PM
Hey Spring,

Contrary to macroscopic logic, your daughter and grandaughter MUST have gotten their looks from YOU! :) It's actually very simple logic. You've got NONE left so they had to go SOMEWHERE! :D

Forget about the "Speedos"! I've got a new business selling "Slowdos". They are a one-size-fits-all thing so we can probably get you back on the beach in no time. Don't waste time, though, my business might get a customer any month now. :cool:

Dale T.

You may have a point there about the "looks"!:D

Ahhh...Dale. Don't be selling those Speedos short. Went to a crowded beach once and put them on. Heck, we had the place to ourselves in no time! Even a stray dog hangin' out headed for shelter! :D

Hey, good luck on your new business venture, as well! And don't despair if it doesn't take off right away. They say you need to give a new business three years to fail, so you've still got plenty of time. In the meanwhile, where exactly in the Peshtigo River did you dump that PM lathe of yours?:confused: :) :cool:

Dale Thompson
08-28-2005, 6:04 PM
You may have a point there about the "looks"!:D

Even a stray dog hangin' out headed for shelter! :D

In the meanwhile, where exactly in the Peshtigo River did you dump that PM lathe of yours?:confused: :) :cool:

Hey Spring,
With a beautiful family like yours, why would you be hanging out with "stray dogs" in the first place? :confused: You don't have to answer that question. :)

The PM is GONE!! The raging currents of the mighty Peshtigo River washed that wimpy chunk of cast iron into Green Bay and then into the immense depths of Lake Michigan. DANG!! Just when I was finishing my first real Cocobola pen!! :) :eek:

Dale T.