PDA

View Full Version : Official 2015 NFL Thread

Paul McGaha
09-13-2015, 8:06 AM
This will be a little different this year without a certain someone (KAB) complaining about how bad the Detroit Lions are (and bragging about how good the Michigan State Spartans are) but I thought I'd start a football thread for this year.

My teams are the New Orleans Saints and the LSU Tigers (I lived in Louisiana until I was 30 years old). Not sure what kind of year the Saints and LSU are going to have. Glad to see LSU win a highly contested game with Mississippi State last night. Hope the Saints win today at Arizona against the Cardinals.

Good luck to you and your teams this year.

PHM

Chris Padilla
09-13-2015, 12:09 PM
There, I made it OFFICIAL. Looks like I'll need to change my avatar...coming up!!! :D

Dick Latshaw
09-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Looks like the Bucs were right on with their draft picks again. Sure glad they didn't pick that non-NFL ready Marcus guy.

But if things really get bad, I hear Josh Freeman is available.

The league will probably claim the folks down here aren't REAL fans and move the team to Fargo.:mad:

Barry McFadden
09-14-2015, 8:08 AM
GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!......glad to see they started by beating the Seahawks.........

Greg Peterson
09-14-2015, 4:17 PM
Packers, like most every other team, have some work to do.
September football is not a premium game. November and December is when the identity starts to reveal itself.
But I'll still watch September football.

Kent A Bathurst
09-14-2015, 6:39 PM
This will be a little different this year without a certain someone (KAB) complaining about how bad the Detroit Lions are....

I never complained about the Lions. I sneered at their sorry excuse for competitiveness. I observed and commented on their incompetence. I reveled in their tanking in the 2nd half for the past 50 years - as demonstrated just the other day. They are a joke, as proven yet again.

This will be a little different this year without a certain someone (KAB) ...bragging about how good the Michigan State Spartans are......

No brag. Just fact.

Ask any New Duck you happen to meet.

Paul McGaha
09-14-2015, 7:16 PM
Kent, Why don't you give some thought to a new bet this year?

Just nothing on the Saints or LSU.

Dave Zellers
09-14-2015, 9:37 PM
Looks like Kent retired for a week and now he's already on his first reunion tour.

:D

This is the one to pay to see. When we get to the third one, he'll be wearing a bandana and a ponytail and the band will be a lot louder.

Paul McGaha
09-29-2015, 7:06 PM
I thought Aaron Rodgers looked great last night. Best QB in the game right not as far as I'm concerned.

The Saints are looking like they're going to have a really poor year. The Saint defense is just horrible. Hard to watch.

PHM

Chris Padilla
09-29-2015, 8:22 PM
Go Orange Crush...they are back!!! (thankfully)

Hopefully Peyton gets more protection as the running game is non-existent. He'll need to throw it 4000 yards this season!

Still...3-0...not too shabby. :)

Chris Padilla
10-05-2015, 11:15 AM
4-0 and this time the D let them back in for some reason although Peyton is still not back to form unless this is his form now. Ugh. He's thrown 5 INTs this season...1 in each game and two yesterday. Still, somehow the Broncos are 4-0 so I'll take it! :D

Bruce Page
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
4-0 and this time the D let them back in for some reason although Peyton is still not back to form unless this is his form now. Ugh. He's thrown 5 INTs this season...1 in each game and two yesterday. Still, somehow the Broncos are 4-0 so I'll take it! :D
That was a nice TD run by Hillman. Peyton's days as a tier 1 QB are dwindling, I would like to see Osweiler get more playing time.

Chris Padilla
10-06-2015, 1:56 PM
I thought Peyton got it together with the comeback against the Chiefs but then regressed a tad against the Lions and a bit more against the Vikings so I dunno. He still doesn't look like Peyton unless like you think, maybe this is the new Peyton. That ain't good...sigh. However, it could also be Kubiak and the new O-Line.

Jebediah Eckert
10-06-2015, 2:07 PM
Ouch on MNF blunder.......poor lions. Don't forget it happened to them last year in the playoffs.

Barry McFadden
10-06-2015, 2:30 PM
Ouch on MNF blunder.......poor lions. Don't forget it happened to them last year in the playoffs.

Quote fro NFL.com ........."You can't bat the ball in either direction (http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/#section-4-illegal-bats-and-kicks) in the end zone," Blandino told NFL Network Monday night. "K.J. Wright (http://www.nfl.com/player/k.j.wright/2495252/profile) batted the ball. That is a foul for an illegal bat.
Blandino was asked directly if a penalty should have been called.
"Yeah, looking at the replay, it looks like a bat. It looks like he takes his right hand and bats it intentionally," Blandino said. "It's a foul. We have to make that call."

The blunder was by the back judge!!!...Seattle's K.J. Wright deliberately batted the ball out of the endzone...which is a penalty... so I don't see how the official can say he didn't do it on purpose!!

Kent A Bathurst
10-06-2015, 2:54 PM

Poor Lions my sweet patootie. This is their lot in life. Hows about not fumbling the ball? How's about one time - just ONE TIME - in the first 58 minutes of the game, your offense crosses the 20 yard line?

And, to sum it up the best, I turn to Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press:
[For the record, I am many years - nay, decades - past "gullible" with this busload of bozos]

"Why can’t the Lions stop beating themselves into submission with self-inflicted wounds?

The woeful Lions stand before the rest of the NFL stripped of any legitimacy. They are the only winless team after the season’s first four weeks.

Just when you think this franchise has exhausted every conceivable way of further torturing itself and every gullible person who still believes in it, the Lions write another fresh chapter of football hell."

Chris Padilla
10-06-2015, 7:11 PM
How can there be a chapter AFTER an 0-16 season? An epilogue, perhaps? Afterword? Coda? Postscript? My thesaurus is dying here....

Jebediah Eckert
10-06-2015, 7:31 PM
Haha, very True Kent. Tough game to lose, against probably the best defense, in the hardest place to play. Yes it would have been ideal for Megatron to break the line BEFORE fumbling it. But to lose it like that is tough. K.J. Wright didn't know that rule, and how much does he make a year? I'm guessing it is plenty, enough to have bought those 8 brand new LN planes listed the other day with as much thought as we would buy a cup of coffee.

Bill McNiel
10-06-2015, 9:19 PM
Does anyone think that the Seattle/Detroit game would have ended differently if KJ had not "batted" the ball? Reality is, Cam made a phenomenal play knocking the ball loose!

Barry McFadden
10-06-2015, 9:31 PM
Does anyone think that the Seattle/Detroit game would have ended differently if KJ had not "batted" the ball? Reality is, Cam made a phenomenal play knocking the ball loose!

Remember, they were at the goal line not the 50 yard line...with the down played over again and a couple of tries for the end zone then kick a short field goal with seconds left to tie it...yes I think it would have ended differently...

Jebediah Eckert
10-06-2015, 9:53 PM
Does anyone think that the Seattle/Detroit game would have ended differently if KJ had not "batted" the ball? Reality is, Cam made a phenomenal play knocking the ball loose!l

Bill, you don't think it would have ended differently? Maybe I'm missing something here but the Lions should have gotten the ball at the half yard mark, first down for a go ahead touchdown or a tying field goal?

Yes tremendous play by Chancellor for sure, but purposely "batting" ball, as KJ said he did on purpose. Help me out here Bill, what is messed up with my thought process (please limit this to this play, I have many possibly "flawed" processes)?

Seattle avoids 1-3 and Lions go 0-4. I just don't get with the command center in NY how it couldn't have been fixed?

They already have done one of those science based recreation and the ball could have come back in play. We all know what happens when a football gets to bouncing. It could have bounced right back into Megatrons hands or the Seahawks for all we know. I would have liked to see it play out that way. I certainly don't think the referee should be fired, it was just a bad call, it happens. But it sure was a big one at a pivotal point in both teams season.

Kent A Bathurst
10-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Remember, they were at the goal line not the 50 yard line...with the down played over again and a couple of tries for the end zone then kick a short field goal with seconds left to tie it...yes I think it would have ended differently...

You clearly are not well-versed in the Lion's astonishing proprietary methods of blowing "sure things".

Couple tries?: Fumble the snap; fumble the handoff; sacked on two successive pass attempts, putting them back on the 38 yard line - kicker shanks it; sideline confusion and clock mismanagement means the FG team has to run out and snap the ball without getting their stuff together...blocked, and recovered by Seattle. 2 knees to end the game.

Or - my favorite: receiver on an out pattern, running on the goal line, OL leaks, QB hit on release, Seattle intercept and touchdown. Final score Seattle 20 Lions 10.

Or - it does go to OT. You wanna know any of the 2,372 way the Lions have gone on to lose in OT?

Barry - you fell into the trap of how Pro Football is played. Not the same thing as Detroit Lions Football.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-07-2015, 1:00 PM
Kent....my friend....it's so good to see you whining about your beloved Lions!;):eek::D:p

and such a detailed whine too!

Bill McNiel
10-07-2015, 1:45 PM
Barry & Jeb, I afraid you missed my point which means I apparently did not communicate it well. The question is not what would have happened if the ref had decided that the "bat" was intentional and called the penalty but rather what would have happened if KJ had not batted the ball. If the ball had reversed direction it probably would have hit KJ. I don't see anyway it would have bounced/rolled 10 yards back into a prone Megatron's grasp.

BTW- apparently not a single announcer, coach or player knew that "batting" in the End Zone was illegal. Did you?

Jebediah Eckert
10-07-2015, 1:57 PM
I actually knew it bill. How could they not, that baffled me. Some played and the others have been covering for years. I can think of 2 maybe 3 games it's been called in during a Patriots game. Maybe that is why I know. One of them was to go to the playoffs. It sure doesn't happen much but I'm guessing that probably because it isn't done because the consequences are harsh. Who knows. Somebody has since posted a video on YouTube of the Patriots practicing it, they can't be the only ones that do.

I have to think the Lions coach did not know the rule, or didn't think of it. He should have come unglued right away.

In any event, onto next week. Just like last year's Dallas game with the pass interference "incident". I said then that fans aren't up in arms and it isnt getting much coverage because it's the Lions.

+1 on Kents return to an off topic thread. Cracks me up every time.

Barry McFadden
10-07-2015, 5:09 PM
You clearly are not well-versed in the Lion's astonishing proprietary methods of blowing "sure things".

Couple tries?: Fumble the snap; fumble the handoff; sacked on two successive pass attempts, putting them back on the 38 yard line - kicker shanks it; sideline confusion and clock mismanagement means the FG team has to run out and snap the ball without getting their stuff together...blocked, and recovered by Seattle. 2 knees to end the game.

Or - my favorite: receiver on an out pattern, running on the goal line, OL leaks, QB hit on release, Seattle intercept and touchdown. Final score Seattle 20 Lions 10.

Or - it does go to OT. You wanna know any of the 2,372 way the Lions have gone on to lose in OT?

Barry - you fell into the trap of how Pro Football is played. Not the same thing as Detroit Lions Football.

no sense even trying to debate with a hopeless pessimist....

Kent A Bathurst
10-07-2015, 5:29 PM
no sense even trying to debate with a hopeless pessimist....

Says the guy whose team is my odds-on favorite to win the World Serious - equanimity ain't that hard when your ballclub is killing it. The team headlined by.....wait for it....... David Price - ex-Detroit player.

"Spahn and Sain and Pray for Rain" turns into "The Price is Right" as he pitches games 1, 4 and 7, throwing only one complete-game shutout and giving up 4 runs total over 22 innings.

You don't like my attitude on the Lions? Well, then, you are gonna LOVE this ... as Price single-handedly turns you into World Champions [Entire Hemisphere Division] .............

:p :p :p

Just having fun with you, Barry. There is no misanthrope like the ones that spent 30+ years in Michigan, spanning 5 decades, plus over 50 Thanksgivings, throwing food and pillows at the TV when the Lions were playing.

I am about to go buy me a Jays jersey - I am pulling for you guys.

Lets do this - I'll root for "your" Jays while you root for "my" Lions. ;)

Barry McFadden
10-07-2015, 6:50 PM
Says the guy whose team is my odds-on favorite to win the World Serious - equanimity ain't that hard when your ballclub is killing it. The team headlined by.....wait for it....... David Price - ex-Detroit player.

"Spahn and Sain and Pray for Rain" turns into "The Price is Right" as he pitches games 1, 4 and 7, throwing only one complete-game shutout and giving up 4 runs total over 22 innings.

You don't like my attitude on the Lions? Well, then, you are gonna LOVE this ... as Price single-handedly turns you into World Champions [Entire Hemisphere Division] .............

:p :p :p

Just having fun with you, Barry. There is no misanthrope like the ones that spent 30+ years in Michigan, spanning 5 decades, plus over 50 Thanksgivings, throwing food and pillows at the TV when the Lions were playing.

I am about to go buy me a Jays jersey - I am pulling for you guys.

Lets do this - I'll root for "your" Jays while you root for "my" Lions. ;)

LOL.....thing is .... I never watch baseball.... no interest whatsoever...

Chris Padilla
10-07-2015, 8:16 PM

At least put Tulo - ex-Colorado player in there as a footnote, pretty please. :)

Paul McGaha
10-08-2015, 11:01 AM
What is it with the Refs and the Seahawks? The Refs have given them 2 games now.

I hope they give that ref a "come on man" award for next weeks game.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
10-08-2015, 1:49 PM
At least put Tulo - ex-Colorado player in there as a footnote, pretty please. :)

You want an acknowledgement? For your contributions in baseball? You with the 4-0 Broncos?

Lotta brass, Dude - that is all I can tell you. ;)

Chris Padilla
10-08-2015, 2:04 PM

Mmmmmm...brass....

Kent A Bathurst
10-08-2015, 2:18 PM

Mmmmmm...brass....

OOOOOPPPSs....

My apologies, Sir - the Jays' transcendence is due entirely to Tulo's Jedi karma.

Chris Padilla
10-13-2015, 6:46 PM
5-0 for Denver in spite of the weak offense. I never thought I'd witness such awful O by Denver or be more concerned about a 5-0 start. Bizarre.

In this case, the best offense is a good defense. :)

Gerry Grzadzinski
10-13-2015, 6:53 PM

#1 - Take the wind. :eek:

Chris Padilla
10-21-2015, 3:19 PM
Well, I finally did it. Pulled the trigger.

I just dropped Peyton Manning in both of my fantasy football leagues.

sigh....

Rich Riddle
10-21-2015, 8:48 PM
Despite my icon of a bird, I am a Packers fan......my dad has the hard road this year because he loves Kansas City and the Chiefs. My friend from KC says that the Chiefs are fighting for the first draft pick next year.

John A langley
10-22-2015, 8:04 AM
And Rich they'll probably get it

Chris Padilla
11-02-2015, 3:54 PM
Now THAT was a strong showing by the Broncos on SNF!! Holding Rogers to 77 yards passing is no small feat and Peyton looked real good despite no TD passes (and yet another INT but this one can be forgiven). A sound drubbing by Denver on BOTH sides of the ball to beat the Packers 29-10.

7-0, Baby!! The Patriots head into the Mile High City later this month. Maybe they'll both still be undefeated!

Bruce Page
11-02-2015, 4:34 PM
Now THAT was a strong showing by the Broncos on SNF!! Holding Rogers to 77 yards passing is no small feat and Peyton looked real good despite no TD passes (and yet another INT but this one can be forgiven). A sound drubbing by Denver on BOTH sides of the ball to beat the Packers 29-10.

7-0, Baby!! The Patriots head into the Mile High City later this month. Maybe they'll both still be undefeated!

It was a pleasant surprise to me, I was expecting an opposite result. That was by far the best Manning has looked all year and the defense, especially the DB's were spot on all night.

Jesse Busenitz
11-02-2015, 6:22 PM
I felt sorry for Aaron Rogers...... Not really. Broncos D tore it up!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-02-2015, 6:49 PM
Well, I finally did it. Pulled the trigger.

I just dropped Peyton Manning in both of my fantasy football leagues.

sigh....

Well my fair weather fan.....did you put Peyton Manning back in both of your fantasy football leagues?:confused::rolleyes::D

Chris Padilla
11-02-2015, 7:53 PM
Fair weather?!?! I dragged him out for 6 weeks and 4 of those were busts. I had to do it.

Of course, someone else picked him up he isn't available but no matter, Rivers and Luck are doing well for me now. I still have DT and Sanders, however. :D

Greg Peterson
11-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Elway bet the farm on Manning. The cap hit won't begin to rear its ugly head until after Manning retires.
I imagine fans won't be happy about Manning cashing those checks next season.
Just thinl, those checks could have gone to players instead.
But that's the deal Elway made.

Chris Padilla
11-03-2015, 8:29 PM
Elway just picked up Vernon Davis from SF. Cool. Elway is going for the SB this year!

Julie Moriarty
11-04-2015, 7:12 AM
Poor Lions my sweet patootie. This is their lot in life. Hows about not fumbling the ball? How's about one time - just ONE TIME - in the first 58 minutes of the game, your offense crosses the 20 yard line?
The Lions have a lot to be proud of. They beat the Monsters of the Midway, a powerhouse team this year, led by the highest paid quarterback in the league. How the Lions beat the Bears, I just don't know.

http://www.dailyherald.com/storyimage/DA/20131003/sports/710039646/AR/0/AR-710039646.jpg&updated=201310031845&MaxW=800&maxH=800&updated=201310031845&noborder

Paul McGaha
11-05-2015, 9:20 AM
LSU at Alabama is coming up this Saturday.

Hold that Tiger!!!
PHM

Chris Padilla
11-05-2015, 5:26 PM
I'm not familiar with those NFL teams, Paul. ;)

John A langley
11-05-2015, 6:06 PM
that's OK Chris Alabama probably beat one third of the pro teams out there

Jebediah Eckert
11-05-2015, 8:24 PM
Detroit fired nearly everyone today, where is Kent's commentary on it, I was looking forward to it since I saw the news.

Chris Padilla
11-17-2015, 3:02 PM
...and onto Brock Osweiler....

Bruce Page
11-17-2015, 3:13 PM
...and onto Brock Osweiler....

They need to make the move soon. Either that or play Manning every other week..
Father Time takes its toll.

Chris Padilla
11-17-2015, 3:22 PM
There's no hope of a Super Bowl with Brock. So Peyton either needs to take the time to heal and come back or we just fold up the season now. Denver may well make the playoffs with Brock...perhaps barely but it may be enough time for Peyton to heal up and then hope he can shake off any rust to push Denver the rest of the way. But no matter how I slice it, it doesn't look good and I'm sure all the fans were thinking SB this year. Elway was gunning for it picking up Vernon Davis. I don't think the D can carry Denver the whole way. Sigh....

Jesse Busenitz
11-17-2015, 6:55 PM
It'd help us if Talib would quit poking people in the eye.....

Jebediah Eckert
11-17-2015, 7:21 PM
What happened to the D? Even with injuries and suspensions taken into account they looked bad. Sad to see Peyton having to sit. I'm not a fan of the Broncos or Colts but still tough to watch. Like ESPN guy said - Father Time is currently undefeated.

Joe Beaulieu
11-18-2015, 1:45 AM
I am sure this will be met with some level of consternation, but I am an ardent Patriots fan. I think it will be incredibly interesting to see what happens with Edelman gone. If Brady can continue to keep this team undefeated it will go a long way towards him cementing the greatest of all time moniker. It was my contention two years ago, after he lost Welker and Gronk got hurt, that he was the MVP that year. With very little support he got them, yet again, to the AFC championship. This year it will be incredible if he can keep them either undefeated ot gets them back to the SB and wins it. Boston has had a lot of sports legends in their history. Ted Williams, Bobby Orr, Bill Russell and Bob Coust, And obviously Larry Bird. I grew up with many of those guys, but it's my opinion tha Tom Brady is the best of all, and the greatest of all time.

JB

Chris Padilla
11-18-2015, 6:33 PM
Amendola may pick up where Edelman left off and of course, Gronk is still there mashing over people. Your contention is quite interesting as Elway was often handed that same moniker as literally willing the Broncos into the Super Bowls of the late 80s (in which they were summarily demolished). It wasn't until Elway had Terrell Davis to hand the ball off to did Denver finally dominate in the late 90s with b2b SB wins. And let me tell, they were darn close to winning 3 in row had it not been for the Jaguars surprise post-season road win in Denver. I still feel that one! :)

Paul McGaha
11-22-2015, 1:57 PM
As for the Saints this year, where did I put that bag?

PHM

Ole Anderson
11-22-2015, 6:08 PM
And then there was my Spartans win over Ohio yesterday. Oops, sorry, this is an NFL thread. OK, how about the Lions win today?

Chris Padilla
11-24-2015, 3:23 PM
Yeah, Lions! :)

Chris Padilla
12-01-2015, 8:08 PM
Big smiles!!!

Scott Shepherd
12-01-2015, 9:49 PM
This one's for Chris ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOY4u8hL_E

Chris Padilla
12-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Finally someone dug that up! LOL!

Paul McGaha
12-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Saints and Lions coming up on Monday Night Football.

Kent Bathurst and I have a bet on the game. The discussion on what the award should be was pretty funny. We wanted something appropriate for the year the Saints and Lions are having. Like a plunger. Or a closet auger. But we finally settled on a 12 pack.

Kent and I have made some small sports related bets over the last few years. Always fun. Kent and that big sense of humor of his. For me to insist that he had to root for the Lions (to win) was a pretty funny exchange.

PHM

Tom M King
12-20-2015, 3:05 PM
Go Panthers!!!!

Tom M King
12-20-2015, 4:35 PM
14-0...........

Joe Tilson
12-20-2015, 5:17 PM
Pro football just doesn't get it for me. College ball is beginning to catch up with them as to being so predictable. I pull for TENNESSEE, Clemson, South Carolina, and anybody playing Alabama(have a bunch of cousins that like to rub it in out there). GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!

Rich Riddle
01-04-2016, 5:24 AM
Some teams got lucky to make the playoffs this year while others seemed to easily make them. Tell us who you think will win it all. Bruce Page is likely to throw in the wrong prediction, but it's welcome. I wish the Cheese Heads would win but expect it to be Arizona. I wish Pittsburgh would lose but see them defeating the Bengals.

Kent Adams
01-04-2016, 6:05 AM
Panthers to win it all. Arizona just got shellac'd yesterday.

Curt Harms
01-04-2016, 9:51 AM
Panthers to win it all. Arizona just got shellac'd yesterday.

The shellacors(SeaSquabs) looked pretty good from what I saw. NFC seems like Seattle, Carolina, Arizona and everybody else.

David Helm
01-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Only one game at a time. Seahawks will beat Minnesota next Sunday. Marshawn Lynch will be back. Watch out NFC; then AFC. They are peaking at the right time.

Chris Padilla
01-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Wow...Broncos made the #1 seed. I saw a chance earlier in the season but that went down with Peyton. Very cool. Since Peyton appears back, I wonder how far Denver can go.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-04-2016, 2:47 PM
To the general public, I would argue the most unappreciated players are offensive linemen. To quarterbacks, the offensive linemen are very important!

Look at the number of teams that have taken recent slides in the win column and the number of hits, sacks and injuries their quarterbacks have taken! Now look at the number of recently injured offensive linemen on those same teams.

BTW.....a healing Peyton Manning looked pretty good yesterday. It was pointed out on ESPN by a couple contributors that his ability to read the defense set at the last moment and make audible play changes at the line of scrimmage was why several of big runs happened. I hope at the end of this year, he retires.

Barry McFadden
01-04-2016, 3:08 PM
To the general public, I would argue the most unappreciated players are offensive linemen. To quarterbacks, the offensive linemen are very important!

Look at the number of teams that have taken recent slides in the win column and the number of hits, sacks and injuries their quarterbacks have taken! Now look at the number of recently injured offensive linemen on those same teams.

BTW.....a healing Peyton Manning looked pretty good yesterday. It was pointed out on ESPM by a couple contributors that his ability to read the defense set at the last moment and make audible play changes at the line of scrimmage was why several of big runs happened. I hope at the end of this year, he retires.

LOL....Ken, I take it you're not a Denver fan!!....I'm not either but every time a player of that caliber retires .. (Bret Farve, Dan Marino, John Elway) ...it seems leave a hole in the league and a "missing something" kind of feeling... I hope he has a couple years left....

Ken Fitzgerald
01-04-2016, 4:12 PM
Actually Barry....I am a big time fan of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and their father Archie. I just hate to see some of the greatest athletes stay too far beyond their peaks. I find it painful to watch their degradation. For example, take boxer Roberto Duran.... Even "The Greatest" Ali....... it's painful to me to watch their fall from the heights of their glory.

Rich Riddle
01-04-2016, 4:16 PM
Perhaps naming teams you want to see get defeated would offer insights to loyalties. I recommend we start with one located about a mile high in the sky in Denver. Never liked the old horse headed Elway and still don't like the Broncos.....my favorite team is whoever plays the Broncos.

Chris Padilla
01-04-2016, 4:22 PM
My favorite team is whoever is playing against Rich's favorite team and the Broncos. :D

Chris Padilla
01-04-2016, 4:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/visuals/post/_/id/10921/graphic-which-nfl-playoff-seeds-succeed

Dated to 2013 but interesting and the best graphical display I found regarding seeding and Super Bowl winners.

John A langley
01-04-2016, 9:11 PM
Hey Chris the Broncos may have to go through the Chiefs One of the teams would end up 2-1

Chris Padilla
01-05-2016, 10:28 AM
John,

True, they could meet in the AFCC but it would, of course, be played in Denver. I'm not following your 2-1, however.

John A langley
01-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Play twice this year they are one and one now we won in Denver and lost in Kansas City

Chris Padilla
01-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Ah...gotcha. You know it wouldn't surprise me to see KC and Seattle in the SB. I think those are the two hot teams although certainly Carolina is a strong case, too, for the NFC.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Chris...he's probably referring to the win/losses between the two teams for this season.

Rich Riddle
01-05-2016, 5:16 PM
Ken,

Where do you have to go to see a professional game from Lewiston, Idaho? Is Seattle the closest team?

Ken Fitzgerald
01-05-2016, 8:22 PM
Rich....Yes, the Seahawks are the closest team.

Rich Riddle
01-09-2016, 8:34 AM
Today we will see who starts to win in the first round. I predict Cincinnati to lose.

Pat Barry
01-09-2016, 8:48 AM
Skol Vikings! Real Viking weather sure to freeze up the Seahawks feathers (I hope)

Jebediah Eckert
01-09-2016, 2:45 PM
+1 on Rich and Pat

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Cincinnati players committed suicide in the last few seconds!

Jebediah Eckert
01-10-2016, 12:54 AM

Wow that was bad.

Rich Riddle
01-10-2016, 1:23 AM
Just because you pay players millions won't matter. Someone once said, "What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say." The Bengal player actions certainly spoke louder than words.​

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2016, 12:22 PM
I would suggest the fans throwing stuff onto the field and the fans below them at the end of the game spoke volumes too! There is no place for that!

Bruce Page
01-10-2016, 2:11 PM

That was the stupidest final 2 minutes of professional football that I have ever seen. Marvin, Burfict and Adam Jones should be canned.

Rich Engelhardt
01-10-2016, 2:30 PM
I would suggest the fans throwing stuff onto the field and the fans below them at the end of the game spoke volumes too! There is no place for that!You got that right! Where did they think they were anyhow, up here in the Dawg Pound? :D :D :D

Jebediah Eckert
01-10-2016, 4:39 PM
Wow Vikings...............wow

i noticed there is a Fran Tarkenton posting on here lately, he won't be happy

David Helm
01-10-2016, 5:45 PM
Watch out for the Seahawks. Might just be a rematch in the Superbowl.

Jebediah Eckert
01-10-2016, 6:16 PM
I sure hope so.....

Barry McFadden
01-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Watch out for the Seahawks. Might just be a rematch in the Superbowl.

They'll never make it past Carolina....they were EXTREMELY lucky to get past Minn......

Mike Null
01-11-2016, 7:59 AM
Cincinnati, I have been a fan of theirs since day one, has a history of hiring thugs. I have now had it with them and Marvin Lewis. Character always shows itself under pressure--certain of the Bengals have no character and they got what they deserved. Burfict should be banned from the NFL.

Bert Kemp
01-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Brady's pumping up footballs getting ready to travel to Santa Clara

Jebediah Eckert
01-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Yeah Bert!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Cincinnati, I have been a fan of theirs since day one, has a history of hiring thugs. I have now had it with them and Marvin Lewis. Character always shows itself under pressure--certain of the Bengals have no character and they got what they deserved. Burfict should be banned from the NFL.

There's a lot of talk that with a record of 0-7 in playoff games and a history of taking the chance on rejuvenating thugs, Marvin Lewis should be sent packing. I agree there is no place for people like Burfict and Suh. Football is supposed to be controlled violence.

David Helm
01-11-2016, 1:12 PM
@ Barry, that game wasn't about luck. Both teams played fantastic defense in unbelievably difficult conditions. The field goal was missed, in part, because Richard Sherman got into Blair Walsh's head by nearly blocking the previous one. That, and a difficult ball hold worked to help him miss. Seattle defense kept Minn out of the endzone and the offense produced just enough scoring to win. Generally in the NFL teams who are kept out of the endzone don't win. You gotta score touchdowns. By the way, Adrian Peterson was held to less than 2 yards per carry.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2016, 1:22 PM
IIRC.. the announcers yesterday said before the game that the Seahawks defense had only allowed 1 offensive touchdown in the last 5 games.

I feel sorry for the place kicker. While he missed the final potentially winning field goal, he's the only person on the Vikings team that scored yesterday. That won't be remembered.

Jebediah Eckert
01-11-2016, 2:11 PM
@ Barry, that game wasn't about luck. Both teams played fantastic defense in unbelievably difficult conditions. The field goal was missed, in part, because Richard Sherman got into Blair Walsh's head by nearly blocking the previous one. That, and a difficult ball hold worked to help him miss. Seattle defense kept Minn out of the endzone and the offense produced just enough scoring to win. Generally in the NFL teams who are kept out of the endzone don't win. You gotta score touchdowns. By the way, Adrian Peterson was held to less than 2 yards per carry.

+1, well said. Malcolm Butler's "lucky" interception won the SuperBowl was the headline in most area of the country. Brady went on a 4th quarter tear dissecting the one of the best defenses (maybe ever), Lynch was stopped the play before and held out of the end zone, and proper coaching and game prep put Butler in the situation to succeed. So I have to agree with David, the Hawks didn't get lucky, Blair Walsh got really unlucky.

Chris Padilla
01-11-2016, 2:53 PM
Brady's pumping up footballs getting ready to travel to Santa Clara

Jumping the gun a bit there, Bert? :D

Cincinnati is a travesty. It will be interesting to hear what comes of it.

Minnesota...Scott Norwood anyone? (Sorry, Bill fans...and Ace Ventura, Pet Detective [Laces OUT!])

KC looks VERY SCARY...we'll see how they perform in Boston.

I like Denver's chances against Pittsburgh (big surprise). I wouldn't want to see KC in Denver to be frank.

Seattle won't get passed Carolina. In fact, NO ONE will get passed Carolina so Packers/Cards doesn't matter but I still call that a toss-up with the Pack finding a bit of a groove against Washington.

Jebediah Eckert
01-11-2016, 3:05 PM
Come on Chris, unless someone here can predict the future it's ALL jumping the gun. That's what makes being a sports fan fun.

Chris Padilla
01-11-2016, 3:16 PM
It's all in good fun, Jebediah. See the little :D face I put there? :D

I just had to give Bert a little grief for jumping all the way to SB 50! ;)

Bert Kemp
01-11-2016, 3:21 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=329161&d=1452530207&thumb=1http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=329161&d=1452530207&thumb=1http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=329161&d=1452530207&thumb=1

But its a realistic dream GO PATS!!!:D

Pat Barry
01-11-2016, 3:38 PM
IIRC.. the announcers yesterday said before the game that the Seahawks defense had only allowed 1 offensive touchdown in the last 5 games.

I feel sorry for the place kicker. While he missed the final potentially winning touchdown, he's the only person on the Vikings team that scored yesterday. That won't be remembered.
Yesterday I was so happy (even my wife was watching and she HATES football) when Vike's went ahead by 9-0 making it a two scores needed game for the Seahawk's, then .... pffft. Typical Vikings .... To make matters even worse the GB Packers won.........

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2016, 4:14 PM
Come on Chris, unless someone here can predict the future it's ALL jumping the gun. That's what makes being a sports fan fun.

Don't pay any attention to "The Kid"....... He was badmouthing Peyton earlier this fall..... He got real quiet after last week's game.

Scott Shepherd
01-11-2016, 4:14 PM
I think there are a number of teams that have recently snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory :)

I'm hoping Denver will do that in their next game :D

Chris Padilla
01-11-2016, 4:53 PM
Don't pay any attention to "The Kid"....... He was badmouthing Peyton earlier this fall..... He got real quiet after last week's game.

He deserved the badmouthing...Peyton was stinking up the house!! Once he healed up, he is playing better. We still don't know how far down the field Peyton can accurately throw the ball. I'm hoping it is quite far but he can dink/dunk with the best of 'em if that is what the D gives him. Looking forward to the game!!

Glenn Clabo
01-11-2016, 5:50 PM
I feel sorry for the place kicker. While he missed the final potentially winning field goal, he's the only person on the Vikings team that scored yesterday. That won't be remembered.

Do you remember a Buffalo kicker named Scott Norwood? I still remember him missing the game winner of SB XXV against the Giants! It was the first of their 4 Super Bowl consecutive loss record. One of the most amazing football accomplishments...IMHO...but generally thought of as a complete failure of a team.

Bruce Page
01-11-2016, 6:08 PM
He deserved the badmouthing...Peyton was stinking up the house!! Once he healed up, he is playing better. We still don't know how far down the field Peyton can accurately throw the ball. I'm hoping it is quite far but he can dink/dunk with the best of 'em if that is what the D gives him. Looking forward to the game!!
I still have my doubts on Payton. I had a bout with plantar fasciitis 7 years ago. It took 3 cortisone shots and six months to get through it. It was extremely painful and to this day I have to be careful how I set my heel down if I'm not wearing shoes.

David Helm
01-11-2016, 7:32 PM
I think Chris has a higher impression of Carolina than the rest of us. Yes they won 15 games. We'll see how it goes next week. I'm still looking for a Seahawks/Patriots rematch.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2016, 8:21 PM
Seriously.. I think Payton Manning will retire as one of the greatest quarterbacks that ever played in the NFL. I don't think you can do direct comparison like Payton to say Roger Stauback as the defenses , IMO, and players in general have gotten tougher. I hope for his legacy, he retires after this year.

One of the commentators on ESPN talked with a former NFL quarterback who had a partially torn plantar faciitis and a completely torn thing. He said it was more painful when it was partially torn.

Next weeks game could be interesting!

Jebediah Eckert
01-11-2016, 9:56 PM

haha, definitely in good fun. That's also what's great about pro sports, poking other fans, all in good fun. I couldn't even help but cheer for Peyton when he came in the game two weeks ago. Tough to not like him, unless he's playing the Patriots of course. This is one of the better threads in a while, everyone on here seems to have the right attitude. Unlike the sharpening threads, cap iron threads, sawstop threads, that gets nuked (and for good reason) within 12 hours of start.........ugh

Go Patriots! I'm all for a SB49 rematch, that means they made it!

Bert Kemp
01-11-2016, 11:50 PM
yes lets do it again GO PATS!!!!:D

I think Chris has a higher impression of Carolina than the rest of us. Yes they won 15 games. We'll see how it goes next week. I'm still looking for a Seahawks/Patriots rematch.

Barry McFadden
01-12-2016, 11:04 AM
You're all DREAMING!!!!!!.......My RAMS are going to take it all this year!!!!!................Oh wait a minute.......Maybe I missed something!!!

Jesse Busenitz
01-12-2016, 6:57 PM
I hope it's Denver vs. Green Bay in the SB.... obviously with Denver winning.:D But I am a fan of Rodgers.... it was good to seem him back in his old groove last game. Don't know what's all going on in that team but they couldn't get things rolling. Interesting how all 4 wildcard games the "away" team won. Oh and if the Chiefs make it further than the Broncos I "sigh".... Will be rooting for them.:(

Bert Kemp
01-12-2016, 8:41 PM
RAM's who are the RAM's:p

You're all DREAMING!!!!!!.......My RAMS are going to take it all this year!!!!!................Oh wait a minute.......Maybe I missed something!!!

Bert Kemp
01-12-2016, 8:42 PM
Cheif's are all done after Saturday:D

I hope it's Denver vs. Green Bay in the SB.... obviously with Denver winning.:D But I am a fan of Rodgers.... it was good to seem him back in his old groove last game. Don't know what's all going on in that team but they couldn't get things rolling. Interesting how all 4 wildcard games the "away" team won. Oh and if the Chiefs make it further than the Broncos I "sigh".... Will be rooting for them.:(

John A langley
01-13-2016, 8:39 AM
Bert that a bold statement .I certainly hope you don't have to eat your words ,just made the game a little more interesting for me

Barry McFadden
01-13-2016, 9:10 AM
RAM's who are the RAM's:p

From what I just heard I guess they are the L.A. Rams again!!:D

Mike Null
01-13-2016, 9:49 AM
The NFL proved again that they don't give a hoot about player safety with a slap on the wrist 3 game suspension of Burfict. He should have been out for a year.

Follow the money--the NFL did. Good riddance Rams--at least we won't have to pay through the nose for their new stadium.

On the bright side--now I won't miss the good games on tv because of having the Rams in St. Louis.

Chris Padilla
01-13-2016, 12:34 PM
I guess the Raiders aren't moving to LA LA Land, either. Bummer. It is tough living with so many Raider fans these past 17 years...sure miss Colorado!!! :D

Bert Kemp
01-16-2016, 7:55 PM
Goodby kc go pats :d

Chris Padilla
01-16-2016, 8:01 PM
Nice...now do you travel or say home next week? I know, I know, Bert...doesn't matter, does it? :P

Bert Kemp
01-16-2016, 8:13 PM
It would be nice to stay home but hey well do what we have to do

Nice...now do you travel or say home next week? I know, I know, Bert...doesn't matter, does it? :P

Jebediah Eckert
01-16-2016, 8:29 PM
Just like Brady said, not rooting for either, no matter who it is hey have to play well. I'm leaning towards going to Denver? If Pittsburgh knocks off Denver, on the road, missing their #1 RB and #1 WR, they will be a monster to play the following week. The NE crowd is digging the QB controversy in Denver.

Jesse Busenitz
01-16-2016, 9:05 PM
Man that was a dirty hit that the Pats laid on the Chiefs defender.... All I can say is I hope Denver sends them home for the year.:rolleyes:

Chris Padilla
01-16-2016, 11:09 PM
The NE crowd is digging the QB controversy in Denver.

What controversy? Manning is starting. Pretty straight-forward.

Chris Padilla
01-16-2016, 11:49 PM
Incredible game in the desert! That one just about had it all. Congrats to Arizona.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-17-2016, 12:04 AM
What an incredible game in Arizona!

Jebediah Eckert
01-17-2016, 12:15 AM
Crazy game, wow. We will see how the Broncos hold up if Peyton starts throwing ducks again. He looked fine the last game I thought. Then I saw on sports center he only threw like 5 passes. He hid it well. I'm a fan of Peyton but I can't see how it wouldn't be added pressure after every mistake made, there is a pretty good QB on the bench ready to come in. Peyton isn't known for holding up during post season pressure. I don't see how they can lose to the Steelers, my goodness they got clobbered last game, QB, WR, and RB all knocked out. Going to be a tough one for the Steelers.

They will be fun to watch for sure.

Tom M King
01-17-2016, 2:08 PM
Yo!!! Jimmy Johnson. One man team??? Really?

Jebediah Eckert
01-17-2016, 3:46 PM
First Panthers game I watched this year, wow first half, not so much the second. I didn't realize they had Jarred Allen, the man hunts elk with a spear, yes a spear.

Chris Padilla
01-17-2016, 8:26 PM
1-2 playing 1-2 for both leagues! Pretty cool. Broncos survive what I think was a pretty awful offensive performance until the very end. I don't have a good feeling about the game with the Patriots but we'll see!

Bruce Page
01-17-2016, 8:55 PM
1-2 playing 1-2 for both leagues! Pretty cool. Broncos survive what I think was a pretty awful offensive performance until the very end. I don't have a good feeling about the game with the Patriots but we'll see!
I just told LOML the same thing. They're going to need to step it up to beat the Pats.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-17-2016, 9:15 PM

I just told LOML the same thing. They're going to need to step it up to beat the Pats.

I couldn't agree more!

Jebediah Eckert
01-17-2016, 9:35 PM
Oh, we will see. I hope the same Broncos team shows up next week but you never know. Halfway through the game I thought that would be the last game Peyton plays. It pained me to root for the Steelers for the home game. I don't hate the team but I guess I never got over the Tomlin attempted trip, and the coach running onto the field last week.....wow Big Ben is a fighter, also cool back story about Demeyrius Thomas' mother seeing him play for the first time.

Bert Kemp
01-18-2016, 11:55 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/image.php?u=96598&dateline=1452529812http://www.sawmillcreek.org/image.php?u=96598&dateline=1452529812http://www.sawmillcreek.org/image.php?u=96598&dateline=1452529812http://www.sawmillcreek.org/image.php?u=96598&dateline=1452529812http://www.sawmillcreek.org/image.php?u=96598&dateline=1452529812http://www.sawmillcreek.org/image.php?u=96598&dateline=1452529812

GO PATS GO PATS
GO PATS GO PATS

Chris Padilla
01-18-2016, 12:17 PM

Bert Kemp
01-18-2016, 6:47 PM
Whats that say Chris I can't make it out:D:p:rolleyes:

Bert Kemp
01-23-2016, 8:44 PM
Well I thought it time to move this to the front of the line. Hopefully The AZ Cards made a safe trip to snow bound Carolina and myhttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/image.php?u=96598&dateline=1452529812made it safely to Denver and we can all spend the night in anticipation of tomorrows games.
GO PATS Go Cards

Shawn Pixley
01-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Acually I root for anyone playing the Pats and Bellicheat. Peyton, got one more in you?

Paul McGaha
01-24-2016, 10:57 AM
I think, as far as today's games go:

Cardinals over the Panthers big. I think the Panther secondary is going to get lit up.

I think the Patriots over the Broncos. Not too sure about this one though, The Bronco defense might come thru.

PHM

Rich Riddle
01-24-2016, 7:03 PM
I would have been happy with the results of the AFC championship game if both teams lost. Hopefully whoever opposes Denver will defeat them. GO NFC.

John A langley
01-24-2016, 7:23 PM
Goodby pats

Bruce Page
01-24-2016, 8:21 PM
Super Bowl 50 here we come! Denver D!!

Jebediah Eckert
01-24-2016, 8:28 PM
A lot of exciting games this year for sure, that was one of them.......not so much this one so far.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-24-2016, 9:59 PM
How about those Broncos?

Jebediah Eckert
01-24-2016, 10:03 PM
They pulled off a win with 244 or so overall yards. I'm a patriots fan but will be rooting for Peyton, he has always been a class act. However I don't think they have a prayer. I'm afraid it will be like two years ago against the Seahawks, ouch. Hopefully not. Once your team gets knocked out you gotta root for exciting games. The Broncos Seahawks game was a waste of airtime, except the commercials. He may no break 100 yards passing against this defense. I hope I'm wrong.

Tom M King
01-24-2016, 10:07 PM
You guys can root for Peyton all you want. I'm glad he will make another appearance too. I'm proud of our Panthers for not running up the score tonight. They'll be better next year.

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!

Bert Kemp
01-25-2016, 12:07 AM
Congrats Bronco's and Panther fans you guys did it today, My Pats and Cards just didn't have it today. Pats about gave me heart failure in the last couple min's tho, it was exciting.:D
I'm gonna root for the Orange Crush in SB probably gonna get bit again LOL GO Denver LOL

Chris Padilla
01-25-2016, 1:08 PM
Yes, how about them Broncos!!! It was a very exciting game to watch. I had several heart attacks near the end as Brady-Gronk kept converting 4th and long!!

It is amazing to me how PIVOTAL that missed extra point in the first quarter played out near the end of the game. It would have gone into overtime 20-20 otherwise and who knows how things might've played out there. Brady sure got knocked around! The Broncos defense is paving the path with an offense that is just barely good enough.

Congrats to the Panthers. I didn't think Carson Palmer would have such an awful game as he did and that AZ would get rolled so badly.

I know the odds are favoring Carolina and that is fine by me. Denver does better as the underdog it seems.

Let's hope the Super Bowl for Denver goes a heckuva lot better than it did 2 years ago. UGH...that was painful to watch. But they have new coaches, a Super Bowl caliber D, and perhaps Peyton is getting his stride back a bit.

I do think this will be Peyton's last game, win or lose, so he'll want to ride out on a high note like his boss, John Elway, did almost 20 years ago.

Anthony Whitesell
01-25-2016, 1:53 PM
Yes, how about them Broncos!!! It was a very exciting game to watch. I had several heart attacks near the end as Brady-Gronk kept converting 4th and long!!

It is amazing to me how PIVOTAL that missed extra point in the first quarter played out near the end of the game. It would have gone into overtime 20-20 otherwise and who knows how things might've played out there. Brady sure got knocked around! The Broncos defense is paving the path with an offense that is just barely good enough.

Congrats to the Panthers. I didn't think Carson Palmer would have such an awful game as he did and that AZ would get rolled so badly.

I know the odds are favoring Carolina and that is fine by me. Denver does better as the underdog it seems.

Let's hope the Super Bowl for Denver goes a heckuva lot better than it did 2 years ago. UGH...that was painful to watch. But they have new coaches, a Super Bowl caliber D, and perhaps Peyton is getting his stride back a bit.

I do think this will be Peyton's last game, win or lose, so he'll want to ride out on a high note like his boss, John Elway, did almost 20 years ago.

We were thinking the same thing about the extra point, then we did the math 18 + 1 PA = 19. 19 to 20 final score. Pats still lose.

Last week, there was a team in as the Patriots this week. Short 1 FG and 1 TD. They came up on 4th down in FG range and kicked the field goal instead of going for the TD. Need both, doesn't matter which one you get first. I will never understand why the Patriots didn't do the same thing. Twice. Twice they turned it over on downs. Heck, if they had kicked FG on both of those 4th downs and a third FG instead of the last throw, it would have been Pats 21 - 20. Then again understanding a lot of Patriots strategy in the last 4 games alludes me.

Jebediah Eckert
01-25-2016, 2:36 PM
We were thinking the same thing about the extra point, then we did the math 18 + 1 PA = 19. 19 to 20 final score. Pats still lose.

Last week, there was a team in as the Patriots this week. Short 1 FG and 1 TD. They came up on 4th down in FG range and kicked the field goal instead of going for the TD. Need both, doesn't matter which one you get first. I will never understand why the Patriots didn't do the same thing. Twice. Twice they turned it over on downs. Heck, if they had kicked FG on both of those 4th downs and a third FG instead of the last throw, it would have been Pats 21 - 20. Then again understanding a lot of Patriots strategy in the last 4 games alludes me.

Huh, :eek:, 18+1 definitely equals 19......but then they would have kicked the extra point instead of the failed 2 point conversions.....20-20 Overtime. I hear ya Anthony, my brain is still spinning also......ugh

Great season for Patriots, it's hard to make the playoffs after a SB win. They went far with a wounded lineup. Go Peyton, he's gonna need all the help he can get!

Now I can watch a stress free Super Bowl.............ugh

Chris Padilla
01-25-2016, 2:44 PM
The math works fine. Recall that it was 7-6 at the end of the first quarter and they basically traded FGs and a touchdown after that. Had they not missed the first PAT, it would have been 20-19 near the end of the game and the PAT would have tied it up. So that missed first PAT changed the dynamics of the end game completely.

Anthony Whitesell
01-25-2016, 3:03 PM
You're right. Pats would not have gone for 2 at the end, instead a PAT. with the last PAT and the missed PAT would have tied it. Still doesn't excuse turning it over on downs rather than kicking the FG they needed anyway to win.

Chris Padilla
01-25-2016, 3:45 PM
4th and 1 on the 16 @ ~6 min and a 4th and 6 on 14 @ ~2 min. It seems hard to pass up going for it on both of those since you're down 8 and aren't quite sure you'll get that close again. Coulda shoulda woulda...we'll never know. I was frustrated with the Broncos overly conservative play calling after the Patriots turned things over on downs. The Broncos could not push the ball at all. It should have never gotten to 20-18 in the first place.

The Patriots need a running game. Brady was the leading rusher! :)

Jebediah Eckert
01-25-2016, 6:04 PM
That's for sure Chris, a running game would have been nice. Remember they are down to their 4th and 5th option, the first three were put on IR at various times during the season, but every team has injuries, no excuses.

Jesse Busenitz
01-25-2016, 9:05 PM
That was one sweet game the Broncos played.... I've never seen Brady get pestered so bad! Miller and Wolfe were wrecking havoc. Hopefully we can pull off a SB win and redeem ourselves from last SB.

Curt Harms
01-26-2016, 8:28 AM
That was one sweet game the Broncos played.... I've never seen Brady get pestered so bad! Miller and Wolfe were wrecking havoc. Hopefully we can pull off a SB win and redeem ourselves from last SB.

The 2007/2011 Giants wrote the book on beating the Patriots. Hit Brady early and often. The Broncos are gonna have their hands full I think.

Chris Padilla
01-29-2016, 2:00 PM
So who wins Super Bowl 50? Carolina still looks tough. Defense wins championships as the cliche goes.

I am nearly certain this will be Manning's last game in the NFL (at least I think it should be) so will he ride off into the ORANGE sunset winning his last game or losing it?

I think he goes out like Elway did: ON TOP!! :D

Bruce Page
01-29-2016, 2:16 PM
We'll see, I hope you're right. Carolina looks awfully strong.

Tom M King
01-29-2016, 3:54 PM
It won't even be close. I just hope Peyton doesn't get hurt.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-29-2016, 11:46 PM
Hey Chris....this Super Bowl is practically in your backyard. Are you going?

Chris Padilla
01-30-2016, 12:09 AM
With tickets going for 5 grand...I really truly doubt it! Besides, my bathroom lines are shorter and the food better! :D

Bruce Page
01-30-2016, 1:09 AM
With tickets going for 5 grand...I really truly doubt it! Besides, my bathroom lines are shorter and the food better! :D
Let's all meet at Chris's a week from Sunday!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-30-2016, 11:18 AM
let's all meet at chris's a week from sunday!

Party at Chris'.
Everybody's invited!

Chris Padilla
01-30-2016, 8:02 PM
Well since I'm heading to my buddie's place, y'all have fun and say hi to my wife 'n kid. :D

Bruce Page
01-30-2016, 9:23 PM
Well since I'm heading to my buddie's place, y'all have fun and say hi to my wife 'n kid. :D
Be sure to leave plenty of beer before you go. 2-3 kegs should work fine! :cool:

Chris Padilla
02-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Okay, finally HERE!! Having the Super Bowl playing locally has been interesting. You cannot go anywhere in the Bay Area with out seeing the SB 50 symbol plastered somewhere. All the local TV stations seem to be broadcasting nothing but SB fodder the last two weeks.

I've no plans to go anywhere near the stadium and despite my deep running orange blood, I am not plunking down large coin to get a crappy seat so I can watch the jumbo tron. :D

Anyway, ready for the game to start and the BA to get back to normal-like.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2016, 2:33 PM
My head says Panthers.....

My heart says

Chris Padilla
02-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Super Bowl Champions, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2016, 10:58 PM
How about those Broncos!

That has to be one of the greatest defensive efforts in Super Bowl history!

Bruce Page
02-07-2016, 11:38 PM
Believe!

Jebediah Eckert
02-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Wow, good for Peyton. Crazy game, never would have guessed. Holy cow Cam is a poor loser, great press conference. They should force him to watch Keuchly's, Rivera, or Norman's presser 100x before OTA's start. He needs to stop his celebrations next year. I was OK with it but you need to be a gracious loser as well, it's only a game, your still rich......and the league MVP. I'm sure there are some regrets now on that vote and it has nothing to do with play.

Brian Ashton
02-08-2016, 7:08 PM
Last night i thought it would be nice to record a few hours of commercials... When i went to watch them a football game broke out inbetween the breaks. Wow, my fast forward finger got a workout. Luckily the ques were easy to see coming so i could hit fast forward seconds before the commercials came on

If i add up all the wasted time watching commercials that ive ff'd through id say the tevo has paid for itself a hundred times over

Mel Fulks
02-08-2016, 7:22 PM
...but if doctors can get them to increase the number and length of commercials just a little more...we might see a guy who broke his leg in the 2nd quarter intercept and run 70 yards to win the game in the 4th quarter!