PDA

View Full Version : Wood Expo - Charlotte, Michigan

Larry Frank
09-11-2015, 7:49 PM
I attended the Wood Expo in Charlotte, Michigan today and was impressed. Charlotte, Micigan is located in about the middle of Michigan and not a very large town. It was held at Johnson Lumber which is a very large hardwood lumber yard with large stocks of all the domestic hardwoods at very good prices and for the event 10% off.

The quality of the wood was good and in most species carried at least two grades of wood. They had very good deals on walnut, cherry, oak, and maple.

They also carry a wide selection of hardwood plywood.

In addition, the major woodworking tool makers were there....General, Rikon, Steel City, Jet, Sawstop and others. Most were also offering a discount on tools.

They offered some classes all day long. I picked going on Friday because on Saturday Scott Phillips will be giving a seminar all day long and I wanted to miss that crowd.

I know that some of the wood shows have become disappointments but this one is held each year and worth attending.

Mac McQuinn
09-12-2015, 1:20 AM
I'm also in MI although I unfortunately will miss it this year. I did not hear about the event beforehand and made prior plans. I have been to Johnson Lumber several times, good place and people to do business with. I purchased my last batch of Marine Ply there, excellent price and quality.
Mac