PDA

View Full Version : Warmup/delay using trotec speedy 500

Leivon Reid
09-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Hello,

Our speedy 500 is having an issue with the very first engraving or cuts when first turning the machine on. This has been a problem ever since we switched from JC9-JCX.

It seems the machine skips over the first 1/8"-1/4" of either the versy first cut line or first bit of engraving. And this wont happen again until the next time the machine is turned off and then back on.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of startup setting that would rectify this problem. One solution would be to run a dummy cut as the very first thing i do every morning so it wont affect the remainder of the days work, but it seems as though there must be something else i can do within jcx that will solve this.

Thanks in advance for the replies

Leivon

Steve Clarkson
09-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Search the forum for "tickle" settings to see how to fix it.

Mike Null
09-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Before you adjust any settings contact Trotec tech support. It is not a known issue on Trotecs to my knowledge. Further, since you identified it as a JC issue it may be a firmware issue instead. Tech support is where I'd go.

Scott Shepherd
09-11-2015, 12:43 PM
It's a known issue.....search the forum for "tickle" settings to see how to fix it.

It's not a known issue on Trotec, that's really rare on Trotec or Universals. I'd have a call into Trotec as well. It shouldn't be doing that.

Keith Winter
09-11-2015, 3:00 PM
Sound advice from Mike and Scott, but I think the most expedient thing would be to trade me your 500 for my 300. My Speedy 300 just got realigned and everything, it's a cream puff. I think I could be burdened to take your malfunctioning 500 off your hands in an even trade. :p:D

In all seriousness though, Mike and Scott are right. There is a warm up setting that can be set to run every 30 minutes if needed, also a tickle setting that can be adjusted, also correction on the materials themselves can be set to help some issues, and it also could be job control. Trotec will know best.

In the meantime, while I wait for my new (your old) 500 speedy to arrive can you post some pictures of this beast? I've heard rumors, seen the promo flyers, but never real photos of this mythological beast in the wild. It's got to be an amazing machine, I'm totally envious :)

Kev Williams
09-11-2015, 5:05 PM
My LS900 started doing that about 4 years ago. I attributed it to being (then) 7 years old, and figured the tube was on its way out.

But-- other than that anomoly, the machine hasn't lost a step. In fact, since changing out the mirror over the lens last year, I've had to reduce some of my power settings I've used since day one (new mirror is yellow colored, old was 'silver')..

It usually happens if I fresh-start a job at around 50% power or less, rarely happens at higher power. At 30% or so it'll almost always happen, and can take several seconds before the laser fires.

My tickle is turned off. Always has been. Tickle may likely be my problem, but I won't turn it on since I run door-open. Don't need my parts or fingers burned!

SO, my fix is to just do a dry-run over the table for a few seconds until I make sure the laser is firing, then good to go for the rest of the day.

Leivon Reid
09-11-2015, 5:35 PM
Thank you all for the responses.

I should note that when in the OP i mentioned this problem happened once we switched from jc9? to jcx, i failed to also mention that the upgrade in software was simply the last major thing to have happened with our machine. It was a couple months ago(jc9-x), but the delayed start issue just started happening last week.

I have contacted trotec tech support and when I hear back from them I'll post again with the results.