PDA

View Full Version : Please post your location in profile

Ole Anderson
09-11-2015, 9:19 AM
So often someone posts a comment in which their location is relevant. "You think your humidity is bad?" "How do you find a local source of wood?" "Do I need a foundation"

So I immediately go to the upper right corner of the panel to see where they are from and it is sometimes blank. Darn.

Please, folks, go to "My Profile", then "About Me" and fill in the location. If you are paranoid about revealing exactly what town you live in, at least give the state or country. We will all thank you. Of course if you only read and post in the General Woodworking and Power Tools forum you will never see this. Oh well...

Randy Red Bemont
09-11-2015, 10:03 AM
I see it and I agree with you. I often look to see where someone is posting from. It does help with getting a good response to your question.

Red

Lee Schierer
09-11-2015, 2:44 PM
I agree. It is nice to have and who knows you might actually find someone right down the road that can help.

Tom Stenzel
09-11-2015, 2:51 PM
If you are paranoid about revealing exactly what town you live in, at least give the state or country. We will all thank you. Of course if you only read and post in the General Woodworking and Power Tools forum you will never see this. Oh well...

Actually Ole, I didn't put my location because Livonia is too close to Highland and I didn't want you to drive down and pop me in the mouth because I wrote something really, really stupid! I'm way to close to I-96 for that!

So I'm not telling you where I live.

:p

-Tom

Chris Padilla
09-11-2015, 3:53 PM
Tom,

Just put "Close to Ole" for your location. :)

For mine, I just put a general area and not the specific city. Each to their own.

Brett Luna
09-11-2015, 4:03 PM
Dang! I thought I had mine updated. Didn't. Do now.

Bruce Page
09-11-2015, 6:22 PM
Tom,

Just put "Close to Ole" for your location. :)

For mine, I just put a general area and not the specific city. Each to their own.

I know where you live....

Bruce Volden
09-11-2015, 8:14 PM
I just plain refuse!

Bruce

Len Mullin
09-11-2015, 8:20 PM
I do the same, I always check to see where a person is from. Sometimes, it makes it easier to understand what they're talking about, when you know where they're from.
Len

Lee Schierer
09-11-2015, 8:30 PM
I do the same, I always check to see where a person is from. Sometimes, it makes it easier to understand what they're talking about, when you know where they're from.
Len

So where are you from???

Judson Green
09-11-2015, 9:57 PM
Yeah its that not hard! Lol

Phil Mueller
09-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Ole, hadn't noticed before that you are in Highland. Lucky guy...close to Armstrong Millworks....where I prefer to go for rough lumber. About a 45 min drive for me, but always worth it.

Dave Zellers
09-11-2015, 11:00 PM
So where are you from???

Too funny!

Bill McNiel
09-11-2015, 11:08 PM
I agree with Ole 100%, don't really understand the reluctance of people to ID their approximate location.

Chris Padilla
09-12-2015, 12:38 AM
I know where you live....

So come visit!! :D

Moses Yoder
09-12-2015, 6:03 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I moved a few miles recently and updated my profile due to this thread. I also included longitude and latitude in the settings as well, easy to do by entering your address on a conversion site.

Harry Hagan
09-12-2015, 1:48 PM
Us Witless Protection Program people prefer to remain anonymous!