PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and gentlman the new machines have landed..

Patrick Walsh
09-10-2015, 7:31 PM
And I'm very excited. Ill be much more pleased after i can fire up the machines and see what i can do with them.

The next step is getting my electrician in to swap out my eight bay sub panel for a full 24 bay panel with a number of dedicated 30 and 20 amp outlets.

Then a Hotdog gas heater as my basement has no heat and i live outside Beantown...

Jesse Busenitz
09-10-2015, 7:37 PM
Goodness! did they pay for the boom truck or you????

Patrick Walsh
09-10-2015, 7:45 PM
Nope me:(

Expensive week, very expensive!

Plus i had to have a flatbed tow truck pick the machines up at the UPS terminal as the jointer was to big for liftgate dekivery. Then tips to both as they helped me get them off the pallets and down 30" of stairs into my shop.

Goodness! did they pay for the boom truck or you????

Peter Aeschliman
09-10-2015, 7:57 PM
Congrats!

I see a jointer/planer, but what's the other machine?

Keith Hankins
09-10-2015, 8:06 PM
NICE DAY!

whats the old saying better to cry once. Nice set up.

Patrick Walsh
09-10-2015, 8:13 PM
RL125 dust collector.

Congrats!

I see a jointer/planer, but what's the other machine?

Patrick Walsh
09-10-2015, 8:15 PM
Thanks..

Yes cry once is right.

On the other hand i already have my eye on two if not three other Felder machines ;)

It was a real nightmare getting these two into my shop. I think i will just enjoy what i have for a little bit...
NICE DAY!

whats the old saying better to cry once. Nice set up.

Bruce Page
09-10-2015, 9:33 PM
It looks like e beautiful day in more ways than one!
Congrats!

Rod Sheridan
09-11-2015, 5:01 AM
Wonderful, have fun with the new machines............Rod.

Vince Shriver
09-11-2015, 5:42 AM
Very nice, let me correct that - VERY VERY NICE. Congrats. I know about those winters in Mass - lived on the Cape for a couple years when I was in the USAF; they can "freeze the balls off a brass monkey" as the saying goes. Have fun with your new stuff.

Patrick Walsh
09-11-2015, 9:58 PM
Call me a brass monkey because it is just about to turn cold again for a few months. Last winter i got to trim, clap and put a cedar shake roof on a 7K sq ft house. This winter probably the same plus raise a roof and addition on another house maybe two.

Brrrrrr!

Sure makes me appreciate a warm shop on the weekend.

Very nice, let me correct that - VERY VERY NICE. Congrats. I know about those winters in Mass - lived on the Cape for a couple years when I was in the USAF; they can "freeze the balls off a brass monkey" as the saying goes. Have fun with your new stuff.

mreza Salav
09-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Congratulations and enjoy!

Matthew Hills
09-12-2015, 8:42 AM
Then tips to both as they helped me get them off the pallets and down 30" of stairs into my shop.

That sounds like well-spent money.

How did you guys handle it?

Matt

Wakahisa Shinta
09-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Congrats! That is a nice Felder!

Looking at your pictures make me think about relocating/moving. The thought of relocating to another place for whatever reason is intimidating with all these heavy machines. For sure, it will be expensive!

Keith Weber
09-13-2015, 5:19 AM
Wow, a pink house. I'm assuming that's your neighbor's. Nice looking tools. Congrats!

Kent Adams
09-13-2015, 7:11 AM
Patrick, rather than a hotdog gas heater, try looking to see if a heater like the Rinnai direct vent will work for you. I use one of those and they are quiet and really heat my shop well. Congrats on the Felder's. I'd love to have one of those.

Patrick Walsh
09-13-2015, 7:15 AM
Nope.

Mine!

17 years like that.

Its payed for next june. After that its getting a new roof, Azek trim, cedar shakes, copper gutter, vallys ,flashing and drip edge and down spouts.

I really enjoyed my pink house for those 17 years but its time for a change. Since that shinny white fence went up im just not as crazy about the pink.

Wow, a pink house. I'm assuming that's your neighbor's. Nice looking tools. Congrats!

David Nelson1
09-13-2015, 7:33 AM
Very nice Patrick. You'll love the combo machine.

Rick Fisher
09-14-2015, 6:01 AM
Love the machines Patrick ..

I have used boom trucks to move machines, its an awesome way to go ..

Mike Ontko
09-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Impressive! I'm betting your neighbors were more than a just little curious at all of the large pieces being "flown" in by crane, or are they already use to you making sawdust (noise)?