PDA

View Full Version : Relocation to Hendersonville NC area

Bruce Pratt
09-07-2015, 2:40 PM
In process of relocating from MA to the Hendersonville NC area. Already know about Packard in Tryon, Woodcraft in Greenville, Klingspor's in Hickory, West Penn Hardwoods in Conover, AAW chapter in Asheville, Arrowmont and JC Campbell. Any other wood turning resources in the area that would be good to know about?

Thanks,

Bruce

Randy Red Bemont
09-07-2015, 4:06 PM
Klingspor's is also in Asheville. Right up the street from you!!

Red

Stephen Wiehe
09-07-2015, 6:24 PM
Welcome to North Carolina. There is a great local woodworkers group / forum called ncwoodworker.net. It's a great way to learn about what is happening locally as well as the local suppliers.

Steve

Bruce Pratt
09-07-2015, 6:31 PM
Thanks, much closer than Hickory!

Alan Dick
09-07-2015, 8:10 PM
Asheville Hardware has some turning supplies and sometimes has a good assortment of turning blanks. Carolina Mountain Turners is at the craft center on the Blue Ridge near Asheville. They have a fantastic lineup of demonstrators at their monthly meetings. The museum on the grounds of the Grove Park Inn has some very nice turned pieces. If you like Arts and Crafts style furniture, the hotel common areas are loaded with great examples.

Alan

Richard Casey
09-07-2015, 11:02 PM
+1 for Asheville Hardware. My mate Paul took me there for a vist last time I was in the US and this is one of the best regional stores you could want to see. Make sure you have a look downstairs at the timber for sale.
rgds,
Richard.

Bruce Pratt
09-08-2015, 5:30 PM
Thanks for the info on Asheville Hardware. From their website it looks like a must-see.

Alec Moseley
09-13-2015, 7:19 PM
The Sawmill, Ltd., Iron Station NC, is not too far from you and a good source of turning wood with a nice proprietor.

http://www.sawmillnc.com/

Mike Turner
09-13-2015, 7:57 PM
Welcome to NC. Im in Laurinburg NC...