PDA

View Full Version : CRAZY sizing Issue

Jeffrey Michael Wilson
09-07-2015, 10:09 AM
So I have a 50 watt Chinese Laser that I'm pretty happy with. But I recently put in a new Power supply and tube..(YIKES, it didn't work half this good when new). And I do not know if this is related...don't see how it could be, but thought I'd mention it. But anyway, all of a sudden I have a few files, just a few....that don't print to the size I have it set to, more like twice the size. They are raster images, i can re set the size to what I want, still almost twice the size. Whatever I change the size setting to, it's still wrong, still way bigger. These files used to work just fine, came out the exact size they were supposed to be, and it's just with a very few files. What a Pain, The images are perfectly clear, it's perfectly focused and all that....but these few files just print almost double the size I specify.... ANY ideas?

ALSO I just put a vector circle around the raster graphic, and resized it...and it works fine, it is the right size. I noticed this.. Originally the graphic was one size, say, 32 mm by 32.mm, I resized it to 22.2 mm, then saved that as a new file in the laser software. That New file comes up saying it's 22.2, where I saved it, but prints out at the original 32 mm.

Matt McCoy
09-08-2015, 9:29 AM
What are the resolutions of both your raster file and your engraving software?

Jeffrey Michael Wilson
09-08-2015, 9:36 AM
600 dpi is what I use on all my files