PDA

View Full Version : Home from Greece with WW pics from Europe

John Bailey
08-24-2005, 2:01 PM
Just got back from a summer in sunny Greece. While I was there I took a few pictures that I thought you all might like. The first 3 pictures are of display windows in Geneva. I thought the prices were interesting. Next are pictures of my brother-in-law's workbench and examples of his work. Some of the pictures will come in the next remark to get them in.

John Bailey
08-24-2005, 2:09 PM
The last couple of pictures are of a typical Greek sawmill. I never did see a circular type sawmill. All were like this one, a large band saw.

Timo Christ
08-24-2005, 2:33 PM
Nice, thanks for the pics!
What's so interesting about the european prices? higher or lower than in the US?

Christian Aufreiter
08-24-2005, 2:39 PM
What's so interesting about the european prices? higher or lower than in the US?

Basically, European prices are higher. If you have a close look you can see that the blue Bosch barrel grip jigsaw sells for EUR 295. As far is I know, this saw costs about $ 180 in the US.

Regards,

Christian

Ian Barley
08-24-2005, 3:09 PM
Like Christian says - almost always higher. I figure that the price in dollars will be about the price in pounds. Cut in the exchange rate and we pay (in the UK) about 60-80% more for most things.

John Bailey
08-24-2005, 4:25 PM
The prices are higher. The prices marked are Swiss Francs. A Swiss Franc is about 85-90cents. Everything in Geneva was very expensive. Across the border in France, where the pictures of my brother-in-law's places is, the prices were'nt so bad.

Christian Aufreiter
08-24-2005, 4:37 PM
The prices are higher. The prices marked are Swiss Francs. A Swiss Franc is about 85-90cents. Everything in Geneva was very expensive. Across the border in France, where the pictures of my brother-in-law's places is, the prices were'nt so bad.

Oops, I only read "Greece" and immediately thought of Euro. I didn't notice that those pics were taken in Switzerland.

Christian

Steve Clardy
08-24-2005, 7:46 PM
Thanks for sharing.