PDA

View Full Version : Inca 342 motor

glenn charles
09-05-2015, 6:04 PM
Some years back my shop flooded. I lost most of my tool some I was able to repair. At the time I had 2 band saw old Delta and a Inca 342. I fixed the delta and set the Inca aside it sat for 7 years. I know have time to get it going. I have tried to get the motor to start but all it would do is hum I checked the capasator my meter said it was ok 30 microfared Not sure what it should be the writing on the side of the capasator was missing.
I have look for a wiring diagram but all I have been able to fine is a drawingof the relay on the motor in the Inca mannaul Before I burn something I thought I would give you guys a shot Thanks

Valk Wilkinson
09-06-2015, 12:01 AM
You might want to take a look here at this post I came across on some modeling forums. The guy has the same saw and seems to have the same problem: http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=79845

glenn charles
09-06-2015, 9:58 AM
Thanks it sure sounds like the problem. I will post are e-mail Norman to see how he resolved the problem.

Unlike Norman I tear it a part then ask questions. That way if I can't fix it are put it back together I can get something NEW. ( have to justify it to the boss/wife)

The motor has a current relay.

t

glenn charles
09-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Question Valk Is there a way to e-mail Norman ? His last post was in 2013

Bill ThompsonNM
09-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Look for the Inca machinery group on Yahoo. If you'll post your question there I'm sure you will get lots of well informed replies.

Valk Wilkinson
09-06-2015, 7:00 PM
I sent Norman a pm asking for his email or maybe what he eventually found the problem to be. I'll let ya know if I hear back from him.

glenn charles
09-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Did Norman reply to your e-mail I have question he mite be able to HELP me with Thanks