PDA

View Full Version : New Member-Plane Storage Cabinet, Methods

Eric Commarato
08-24-2005, 1:57 PM
Hello,

I am a new user to this forum. I have been visiting the forum for about a week and I think it is great. I own about 20 Bailey planes and wanted to get some good ideas for a way to store them. I would appreciate all ideas and photos.

Thanks,

Eric

Kurt Loup
08-24-2005, 2:13 PM
Here is one I made...http://www.loup-garou.net/sitebuilder/images/completed-758x365.jpg

Kurt

Jim DeLaney
08-24-2005, 2:17 PM
Here's my solution: This plane storage rack/cabinet is a work-in-progress. I still have to build the face frame and (Lexan paneled) doors for it, but with all the other stuff I need to find appropriate homes for, it may be a while before I get that done...

Joe Blankshain
08-24-2005, 2:48 PM
This was one ot two that I built to store my planes safely.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=22775&stc=1

Joe Meazle
08-24-2005, 3:57 PM
Steve Clardy keeps his in the bathroom:eek: :eek: . But then Steve has a bunch. I just have a drawer for mine. Nothing as fancy as the pics here.

Joe

Steve Clardy
08-24-2005, 7:33 PM
Steve Clardy keeps his in the bathroom:eek: :eek: . But then Steve has a bunch. I just have a drawer for mine. Nothing as fancy as the pics here.

Joe

Aaaahhhhh Joe!!!! Ya let the cat out of the bag!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I've got them elsewhere also.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steve:)

Jim Becker
08-24-2005, 9:09 PM
Welcome to SMC, Eric! I'd love to do one of those nice wall systems for my hand tools, but don't have the wall space. (Lots of windows, however) So I'm building a cabinet under my bench for such storage, likely with a system similar to what Jim D posted above to support the planes. Carcass is done...have to figure out the innards "real soon now".

Joe Meazle
08-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Yep Steve. I let the cat outa the bag but I did refrain from corny Jokes like you only keep #1's and #2's in there. :eek: :eek: :D Betsy is taking a weaving class. There may be loom looming in our future. Got any plans for one?

Joe

Steve Clardy
08-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Yep Steve. I let the cat outa the bag but I did refrain from corny Jokes like you only keep #1's and #2's in there. :eek: :eek: :D Betsy is taking a weaving class. There may be loom looming in our future. Got any plans for one?

Joe

Lol:)
No loom plans around here. Thw wife has five of them already, so I figure I don't need any plans.:rolleyes:
Not sure where to tell you to look for plans. I milled some lumber for an old geezer back 15 years ago that had bought plans for one and had built one for his wife.
I'll look around for some.
Steve:)