PDA

View Full Version : Lasercut 5.3 Leetro 6515 Weird/interesting issues

Michael Slee
09-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a G Weike LC 1390 With a Leetro controller have had 2 interesting issues in the last couple of weeks. Not a real big issue and not sure if they are related in any fashion or just 2 separate problems. Lets see what you all think.

The first issue popped up when I was running quite a long part run and was getting ready for the next one and I decided to plug the USB into the laser to see if I could download the next program whilst I was just waiting around. (Waiting on a longer USB extension lead at the moment for the PC) The laser did not recognise the USB so I just sort of forgot about and left it in there. Got nearly to the end of the run and the laser just stopped dead. Nothing would move or jog around, controller looked normal but was not responding to any inputs. It was just like someone had waved a magic wand and frozen time, it was simply just sitting there. (with me looking stupidly at it)
I had to power down the machine and was gutted when turning it back on nothing moved, did not auto home and could not move anything via jogging............Thought I had fried the controller or both drivers somehow. Until I realised the USB was still in there. Pulled that out and turned it off again and all back to normal. Lesson number one learned, don't put the damn USB in when you don't really have to. Luckily only scrapped one component.

The second issue is sort of the same, once again running quite a long program (different to the other one) when I had to leave the laser and head out for a couple of hours. Pressed pause on the controller and shut the ancillaries off, pump, suction fan, air blower even the laser cabinet lights. Obviously everything except just the laser itself. (These are all manual so would not be the problem anyway, just for reference) Came back and started them all up and pressed start and no go. The controller would not accept any input commands and nothing could be done to get it off the paused screen. Pressed every button on the controller with no change. Once again the magic fairies had frozen time. Turning the machine off fixed the issue but what a pain having to manually realign the cut line back up as it was just more than one component that would have been affected this time. Lesson number two learned, finish the whole bloody sheet off before pausing for a long time.

Related in some way? Who knows and I will probably never get to find out as I certainly won't be doing the USB thing again, no point in knowing if that was the cause or not but I don't feel like wasting time experimenting. As for the second issue who knows it may pop up again as I may have to leave unexpectedly one day. Don't want to but I don't have a crystal ball.

Thanks for reading all this.

Cheers Michael