PDA

View Full Version : New Spirit GX 100W purchased second hand, need help for optimal settings adjustments

Clare Taylor
09-03-2015, 7:29 AM
Hi all

I already have a Mercury II and have just purchased a GCC Spirit GX 100W for our business. I need to be able to cut through 5ml of hoop pine plywood and need help adjusting the settings.

I am currently using a 2.0" lens, and cutting is set to vector quality, with 3.2 speed, 100% power. Vector cutting and speed power settings both set to 100%

I am having issue with tail burn as the laser finishes one cut and starts moving to the next piece. What settings do I reduce to stop this tail burning as the head beings to move before the laser beam has reduced it's heat (causing the cut through/tail burning...have no idea what to call it)

I am using Corel Draw X5 and have copied the same settings over from Mercury print settings to Spirit however when I send the file to be cut, I am only getting 50% 50% settings.
Cut 1.5 (Mercury) 3.2 (spirit) 100% - black hairline vector (to make it work on spirit I currently have to have raster selected)
engrave 100% 20% both - red text. - I want the laser to engrave first, then cut.

Last but not least.... when cutting, the spirit is set to relative, but not sure what settings to use for smallest to largest vector cutting settings on the vista driver (smallest to largest isn't coming up on the current driver I have)

Thanks all!